• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Helpdesk Site: Lots of upcoming games maybe leak, slowly getting confirmed

prudislav

another one confirmed
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/409870/
based Nippon Ichi ;-)

Holy shit, I forgot about this leak. I was listening to the latest Midnight Resistance podcast and hearing them talk about EDF 4.1 really made me wish there was a PC version. Did a quick search, google took me to this thread, and I found out it's happening! What a time to be alive.

Momentary

Banned
I wonder if that journey game might be that journey game? JaseC brought this back up in the EDF topic. Sony has published 2games so far on STEAM.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if that journey game might be that journey game? JaseC brought this back up in the EDF topic. Sony has published 2games so far on STEAM.

Well, whatever it is, it hasn't been touched by a hand other than Valve's in around eight months. There was a fair bit of activity before that, though, so a repeat of FFX/X-2 HD is a distinct possibility (i.e. the store page going live after several months of nothing as development has completed but the release is being sat on for some reason).

The sad part is that this exact outcome was obvious to everyone who didn't have some axe to grind.

The nay-sayers were mostly Sony fanboys fearing that "their" games come out on anything other than consoles.

I mean: "FFX/X-2 is just a wish because it involved some Sony tech!"
Or: "Of course these wont come out. They wont sell on PC."

Arthea

it's more and more alarming that Steins Gate is still not released, not even has a store page, when a game has PC version already.
What's going on?

it's more and more alarming that Steins Gate is still not released, not even has a store page, when a game has PC version already.
What's going on?

More likely legal reasons. We dont know how long Jast USA has the rights to Steins;Gate. If they run out, we will get it on PC.

If Jast USA still has the rights, 5pb/Mages cant just release the game.

Arthea

More likely legal reasons. We dont know how long Jast USA has the rights to Steins;Gate. If they run out, we will get it on PC.

If Jast USA still has the rights, 5pb/Mages cant just release the game.

but I thought that contract already ended? That's why it appeared on steamdb at all, no?

Arthea

There are a bunch of Little Stone "test" apps in the registry, but they're all inactive as ever. Little Stone is the small UK studio that ported Valkyria Chronicles.

talking about active apps, Little King's Story was updated today. Not necessary it means that we are getting close to release, but still

Parsnip

There are a bunch of Little Stone "test" apps in the registry, but they're all inactive as ever. Little Stone is the small UK studio that ported Valkyria Chronicles.
For some reason I was under the impression that Little Stone formed to port Valkyria and disbanded after. No idea where I got the impression from though. When were the test apps created?

FLD

The nay-sayers were mostly Sony fanboys fearing that "their" games come out on anything other than consoles.

I mean: "FFX/X-2 is just a wish because it involved some Sony tech!"
Or: "Of course these wont come out. They wont sell on PC."

To be fair, the bolded one wasn't an entirely crazy assumption to make. I mean, the Sony tech thing was a popular theory for a while. The Steam release was the first time FFX came out on a non-Sony platform, after all. At this point I'm just confused as to why it's not on Xbox at all.

For some reason I was under the impression that Little Stone formed to port Valkyria and disbanded after. No idea where I got the impression from though. When were the test apps created?

I vaguely recall hearing something along those lines too (that they shut down or something), so it's not just you.

notaskwid

To be fair, the bolded one wasn't an entirely crazy assumption to make. I mean, the Sony tech thing was a popular theory for a while. The Steam release was the first time FFX came out on a non-Sony platform, after all. At this point I'm just confused as to why it's not on Xbox at all.
Probably the same reason why every JP Square game that is not FFXV or KH3 is not on/not coming to Xbox.

talking about active apps, Little King's Story was updated today. Not necessary it means that we are getting close to release, but still

That is actually going to be coming here soon. Xseed made a few twitter posts about it "coming along nicely" yesterday and linked a few screenshots. Last time they talked about a PC game "coming along nicely" was Senran Kagura, which they announced the release date for 1-2 days later. They announce things on Friday, so we should hear something about it here shortly if it's ready.

From the list:
Ray Gigant - 5 days ago
Steins;Gate - 30 days ago

The entries for "Half Life 3," Journey, and Criminal Girls haven't been updated in quite some time, so I'm unsure that there's anything coming out of those. Still, again, this has been an incredible ride.

I doubt anything will come from half-life 3 and it's hard to know which journey that is :/

I believe criminal girls was officially announced by NISA a while back and are probably finishing up phantom brave so that's probably the next thing they will work on.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

About two-and-a-half years ago now. All of the app ids are in the 260k~270k ballpark, with the apps themselves being uploaded around the time of the PC port push (late 2013/early 2014). They're also all older than Valkyria Chonicles, interestingly enough.

Parsnip

About two-and-a-half years ago now. All of the app ids are in the 260k~270k ballpark, with the apps themselves being uploaded around the time of the PC port push (late 2013/early 2014). They're also all older than Valkyria Chonicles, interestingly enough.
Thanks, couldn't check myself at the time.

Took a quick glance at linkedin and 3 of the 4 Little Stone peeps from VC port are now elsewhere and left around October-December 2014, while the game released in November. There was probably one guy doing any and all post release support, heh.

Arthea

coming in September ;-)
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/412830/header.jpg?t=1471593723[/IMG
[URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/412830/"]http://store.steampowered.com/app/412830/
[/URL]
[B]Available:[/B] [U]September 2016[/U][/QUOTE]

and it's high time!
I hope people will buy it better than Higurashi or Umineko

Top Bottom