• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Helpdesk Site: Lots of upcoming games maybe leak, slowly getting confirmed

jholmes

To be fair, Square's still tinkering with FFIX's app whereas FFX/X-2 HD has been gathering dust for seven months and counting. The general lack of activity on the latter in recent times may suggest that it's still not quite done and has been put on the backburner.

I very much doubt, in either case, that Squeenix is sitting on a complete product that functions entirely as intended, Steam features and all. No publisher genuinely hates money.

That's true, but if any publisher does genuinely hate money, it's Square-Enix.

MUnited83

For you.
P128iqn.png

6Gvjw.gif

prudislav

Maybe. It might also turn into another Halo 3. You never know with Square.
who knows .. Square Jap acts weird (but somehow different kind of weird than Square Eidos), but they are slowly dumping their full Final Fantasy back-catalog ,even though some of them are just crappy (mobile) ports ... they are also porting some other stuff like DQH or Setsuna

Pachimari

I still expect to see Final Fantasy X / X-2 on Steam, now that they dumped the entire series from 1-8. They just need to release IX first, but I hope X and X-2 will release this year. And then FFXII next year.

Tagyhag

Ray Gigant App Update - 5days ago
Steins;Gate - 2 days ago
EDF 4.1 - 5 hours ago
Stranger of Sword City - 2 days ago
Phantom Brave - 2 days ago

Can't wait for EDF.

FFX/X-2 is definitely coming but SE is obviously sitting on it for a good time to release it. (What they're waiting on is anyone's guess)

Drago

I still expect to see Final Fantasy X / X-2 on Steam, now that they dumped the entire series from 1-8. They just need to release IX first, but I hope X and X-2 will release this year. And then FFXII next year.
FF1 and 2 still aren't on Steam yet. Hopefully they don't forget about them...

Ludens

Banned
I think FF X/X-2 will release around October, something like

"Ehy look, PC players, you didn't get FFXV yet but this is for you, another highly requested FF".
It would make sense.

Arthea

I wondering why Steins Gate is still not released, they only have to make it available on a store.
Or maybe they'll add cheevos and cards, that would be great!

"Ehy look, PC players, you didn't get FFXV yet but this is for you, another highly requested FF".
It would make sense.

That's actually very likely

Lingitiz

It would make sense.

I don't think SE puts that much thought into the release strategy to be honest. FF9 just came out of nowhere with zero fanfare or announcement, and not to mention after originally being mentioned as a Jan release.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Here's the amount of time that elapsed between the creation of a region-locked Eastern European sub and launch day for the five most recent Final Fantasy releases on Steam:

IX: A little over three months
VI: Two weeks
Lightning Returns: A little over a month
V: Roughly a week-and-a-half
Type-0 HD: A little under a month

The gap isn't exactly consistent and there's a lack of general activity on the X HD/X-2 HD app in recent times (prior to today, the last time the app was updated by Squeenix was last August), so I'm inclined to believe that release day is still months rather than days/weeks away.

Here's the amount of time that elapsed between the creation of a region-locked Eastern European sub and launch day for the five most recent Final Fantasy releases on Steam:

IX: A little over three months
VI: Two weeks
Lightning Returns: A little over a month
V: Roughly a week-and-a-half
Type-0 HD: A little under a month

The gap isn't exactly consistent and there's a lack of general activity on the X HD/X-2 HD app in recent times (prior to today, the last time the app was updated by Squeenix was last August), so I'm inclined to believe that release day is still months rather than days/weeks away.

Dont forget that they allready worked on the steam port for 7-8 months before they stopped working on it. It could acutally happen really fast.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dont forget that they allready worked on the steam port for 7-8 months before they stopped working on it. It could acutally happen really fast.

Oh, I didn't forget (note that I specified recent activity), and the actual figure is around five, but, sure, it's possible; however, work on IX (and probably the other games, but I want to go to bed) was seemingly a little sporadic, so another equally plausible scenario is that Squeenix halted development when it decided to push the game from last year to this year, ostensibly in favour of doubling down on IX. That would have made sense -- IX would have been a glaring omission if X and X-2 had released ahead of it given the presence of III through VIII.

Edit: And completing ports of two full-length games in less than half a year would be quite the achievement.

Very much I still want to know...
Could we have but a chance at figuring out what those "Little Stone Upcoming Game Test App"s are?
3 months it has been since any of their depots have been updated.

Hardly can hold my excitement for whatever port Sega is bringing out this year in November
Do it Sega.

Parsnip

Very much I still want to know...
Could we have but a chance at figuring out what those "Little Stone Upcoming Game Test App"s are?
3 months it has been since any of their depots have been updated.

Hardly can hold my excitement for whatever port Sega is bringing out this year in November
Do it Sega.

The update 3 months ago was a generic steam update that affected multiple unrelated apps. The last real update the Little Stone Sega Test App 5 got was 2 years ago, too lazy to check but that's probably true for all Little Stone apps.

Whatever they were, they are evidently abandoned now.

Top Bottom