• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Seems quite reminiscent of Her Story

Is it horror? Cuz I'd get it if it wasn't horror ^^; Creepy I can handle but...not horror.

Speaking of horror...
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/460430/#

Horror visual novel for anyone interested. Art looks nice

Ascheroth

Yep. Also trying to get anyone to screen cap their "garbage filled store" to demonstrate it has still not happened when challenged.

Those people just parrot Jim or whoever, who are actually likely to see loads of trash because they specifically seek it out, so the system recommends them more of that.

When I open steam I go straight to my library and boot up the game I want to play, can't even remember the last time I actually browsed steam.
I'm completely oblivious to all this stuff.

Is there any way around the wait period for steam market transactions? I've only just set up the mobile authenticator but it still says i have to wait 15 days after that.

Nzyme32

Those people just parrot Jim or whoever, who are actually likely to see loads of trash because they specifically seek it out, so the system recommends them more of that.

This got amply demonstrated in the TB 2hr discussion about steam direct / curation. TB complains about shit he sees, Sergey kind of agrees, Lars and the other guy have never had an issue. The other guy explains how it works and points out it might be due to how he approaches the store purchases and plays. Then the conversation moves on. One interesting insight was that the recommendation provide reasoning on the main carousel, but for some games they dislike the reasoning is either new release, not stated or friends playing / recommending. I have the same problem, so it would be nice to veto some people when you know your tastes differ massively

Deques

Others have. I expect them to read my email in a few hours. It's stated in their FAQ that they accept refunds if you dont reveal keys.

Neat
Sent them a refund request, now hoping to get money back. The EU bundle was easier to request refund as there is a button for it on their web page, and I already got my money back

Steam thread, should I buy one of those ridiculous console girl JRPGs? If so which one? They're on sale this weekend, and although Persona is coming next week it's been a while since I've played some dumb JRPG goodness.

Ascheroth

This got amply demonstrated in the TB 2hr discussion about steam direct / curation. TB complains about shit he sees, Sergey kind of agrees, Lars and the other guy have never had an issue. The other guy explains how it works and points out it might be due to how he approaches the store purchases and plays. Then the conversation moves on. One interesting insight was that the recommendation provide reasoning on the main carousel, but for some games they dislike the reasoning is either new release, not stated or friends playing / recommending. I have the same problem, so it would be nice to veto some people when you know your tastes differ massively
Yeah, that would be a great feature, actually.

Tizoc

Steam thread, should I buy one of those ridiculous console girl JRPGs? If so which one? They're on sale this weekend, and although Persona is coming next week it's been a while since I've played some dumb JRPG goodness.

Go get a manly jrpg:
Yakuza 0 is the game for you homie. Action RPG goodness et in late 1980s Japan.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

What a wonder! -- MB-E5B765C458D260BF - Taken by MaxiLive. 25 entrants total.

t1490975991z1.png

Arthea

It depends, mainline Neptunia games are fun, if you like fun you should pick at least one. These are comedy games, though, so keep that in mind.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Doesn't look like permanent, i can't find it in my library.

Yeah, it's a Free on Demand sub, so the game will disappear when uninstalled but still be attached to your account. It may be changed to No Cost later, in which case the game will be affixed to your library.

I thought you don't idle anymore, at least you said so some time ago.

I don't, but I occasionally play games with card drops and unpack any boosters that appear in my inventory.

Parsnip

After all this time my only worthy of mention foil is still from Ittle Dew, and I sold it for 20€ back in 2013. How the time flies.

New Hellblade dev diary btw.
Senua's Soundscape

Didn't work for me and I didn't alt tab out at all, never ran into this before and a full pc restart didn't fix it either :/ It works in the menus, how is this happening!

Punishment for me buying the season pass after I said I wouldn't.

Try going into the Steam controller config, check that the loaded config is correct and back out again. Worth a shot at least.

Tizoc

I just spent some 10-15 minutes looking through the Upcoming page and wishlisted some 10 or so games, mainly games that'd interest me.
Just looking at the upcoming page there are various genres of games coming soon over the coming months, yet people still complain about the quality of games that are on, or coming to steam.

ezodagrom

Case in point. Do you really think a game like Higurashi would have made it to Steam with the old curation system? I doubt it.
It's not all black or white, it's not all about old curation or no curation, there can be a middle ground, a bare minimum of curation/quality control that only keeps out asset flips/clones of starter kits/demos and utterly broken games.

Arthea

It's not all black or white, it's not all about old curation or no curation, there can be a middle ground, a bare minimum of curation/quality control that only keeps out asset flips/clones of starter kits/demos and utterly broken games.

I'd take this approach, but we are talking about humans here, give them some power, they'll abuse it, you can count on that.

Echoplx

Any kind of curation like that requires human input, it's just not feasible to do it on a large scale.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Gonna play STALKER shadow of chernobyl for the first time. Any mods you guys recommend?

I'd personally recommend going vanilla for a first playthrough. However you might want to look into the Complete mod for something that doesn't stray too far from that experience, though of course it won't be the same.

Just get complete, it's a decent length game, and there are three of them, there's nothing guaranteeing that this will be your "first playthrough" of many. Get the complete mod, it makes the game look a lot better and fixes some of the more egregious bugs.

Some of us have never ever received a foil. ;-;
No foil cards for puzzle games breh.

Nah but seriously, nier cards run for a lot of money, i was praying that one of thr card drops would be a foil, but instead what i got was 4 dupes of the cheapest card ☹️ I mean it still ran for a pretty penny but like... cmon man, out of all the cards go get multiple dupes it had to be that one?

wait for reals?

Depending on the amount of games you have idled/played through and pure luck I find it entirely possible. I've idled through ~400 of them, regularly receive and often unpack booster packs, and got maaaaybe 20 foils, and from what I hear I've been "lucky" with them. (I actually don't like getting foils since for unpopular games no one wants to buy them.)

Depending on the amount of games you have idled/played through and pure luck I find it entirely possible. I've idled through ~400 of them, regularly receive and often unpack booster packs, and got maaaaybe 20 foils, and from what I hear I've been "lucky" with them. (I actually don't like getting foils since for unpopular games no one wants to buy them.)
Around 20 foils?? Damn ive gotten like maybe 8, and i agree with you on getting foils for unpopular games, it just rots in your inventory.

Backlogger

When I open steam I go straight to my library and boot up the game I want to play, can't even remember the last time I actually browsed steam.
I'm completely oblivious to all this stuff.

Same

I don't use Steam to find new games to play. I use forums like these and friend/family recommendations to find games. Even when I occasionally look at the front page I don't see random garbage games.

Hell I rarely buy games on Steam anymore at all. Other key seller sites usually have better deals anyway

I think things are fine the way they are. I'd prefer not to come up with some arbitrary or subjective measure on whether or not a game is garbage and doesn't "deserve" to be on Steam.

Things like copyright infringement or writing fake reviews or stealing customer data should get you removed as those things are mostly objective.

MUnited83

For you.
This can't be done. Even if you don't count those games, Steam still has quite a lot of games released per day.

Things are fine as they are. Steam already assures that if you found garbage, you likely went looking for it to begin with.

I currently have 45 foils sitting in my inventory. Ranging in value from more than $400 which no one in their right mind would ever pay for a Darkout one to 3c for an Abrix the Robot one.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I've been skirting around EDF for some time and it's on sale. Is the new one the meatiest? The DLC tho...

MaxiLive

I currently have 45 foils sitting in my inventory. Ranging in value from more than $400 which no one in their right mind would ever pay for a Darkout one to 3c for an Abrix the Robot one.

$400?!?! That is madness. I'm guessing none of sold close to that but if the right whale comes about to up their steam level then it is gonna sell right?

Corpekata

Banned
This can't be done. Even if you don't count those games, Steam still has quite a lot of games released per day.

Things are fine as they are. Steam already assures that if you found garbage, you likely went looking for it to begin with.

Don't know if I agree with this. Currently in my queue is http://store.steampowered.com/app/604490

Running Through Russia. A pretty shitty looking game with a joke release of 2048. And it's not like my queue is just filled with garbage because I complete it a lot, I haven't done a new queue in ages. It's in the middle of Shantae, Ghost Recon, Playerunknown Battlegrounds, Icey, and The Walking Dead, games that I can see reasonably being suggested. So clearly at least something about the way the store is curated needs tuning a little.

Tizoc

Don't forget to recommend games for MRORANGE to put in the OP.
I just sent him my list and dang
There are like 10 games at least that interest me releasing in April @o@

Don't forget to recommend games for MRORANGE to put in the OP.
I just sent him my list and dang
There are like 10 games at least that interest me releasing in April @o@
April is persona month and thats not coming to steam so what could be coming out on steam that interests you?

Tizoc

April is persona month and thats not coming to steam so what could be coming out on steam that interests you?

Well for one thing, this Persona killer
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/605250/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_6

It's a Chicken
Wielding a Sword
A chicken
with
a sword
Videogames are saved.

Besides I ain't in no rush for P5, I'll grab it whenever it goes for like 50% off or something.

...but I am serious, that chicken game is hot FIYA.

There's also these games
header.jpg
header.jpg
header.jpg
header.jpg
header.jpg
header.jpg
header.jpg

Mind you I'm not getting Little Nightmares but I would still recommend it since it looks like an interesting Adventure game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom