• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your card?

EDIT: Oh is it really DX11 only?

Yeah, totally unexpected really. They went from a 8800 GT minimum requirement (dx9) to dx11 only. A huge gap, I'd say. I wonder what will happen to the people who bought the vanilla but don't own a dx11 card. Can they refund it?

Cities: Skylines and Expeditions: Conquistador are the only Unity games that don't seem like jank city. Every other one has a ridiculous filesize, performance issues, and bizarre problems plaguing it.

That reminds me, everyone should play Expeditions: Conquistador! Fantastic game.

Yeah, totally unexpected really. They went from a 8800 GT minimum requirement (dx9) to dx11 only. A huge gap, I'd say. I wonder what will happen to the people who bought the vanilla but don't own a dx11 card. Can they refund it?

If you bought Vanilla, and you don't have a dx11 card, you play Vanilla.
Unless you're in the refund window with less than 2 hours played.

And probably because they were making the PS4/X1 versions and then porting it back, in a way, so the minimum spec is "PS4/X1" level, I'd wager?

just read about the new mario maker update that shit is sick

nintendo keeps winning

steam related: still no date for devil's third? I wonder how long after the wii u release will multiplayer on steam go live

Nintendo doesnt seem to care, so could be as fast as Itagaki and his team can get it running.

If you bought Vanilla, and you don't have a dx11 card, you play Vanilla.
Unless you're in the refund window with less than 2 hours played.

And probably because they were making the PS4/X1 versions and then porting it back, in a way, so the minimum spec is "PS4/X1" level, I'd wager?

I see. So the vanilla version is still playable then? That's great then.
The vanilla version store is not available anymore though, so there won't be more non-dx11 people buying the game from now on.

Backlogger

Does Steam do a Halloween sale? I can't recall.

There's a couple games I would buy for sure.

When they have its usually been a themed sale, Halloween/horror/zombie related and what not.

Finally got my Divinity OS EE key! Never played the vanilla version. Only played about 10 minutes just to get a feel for the controls and I think I'm really going to like it. If anyone ever wants to do co-op hit me up or add me on Steam.

So the steam winter sale should happen around mid-December, is it plausible that Undertale will go on sale then? I won't be able to buy it until the end of November anyway, I'm just curious.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So the steam winter sale should happen around mid-December, is it plausible that Undertale will go on sale then? I won't be able to buy it until the end of November anyway, I'm just curious.

i mean it's still selling like hotcakes so if you want a deep discount no probably not, but if you are choosing between buying the week before or buying during the sale where it might be 10% or 25% off, obviously i guess the latter

i mean it's still selling like hotcakes so if you want a deep discount no probably not, but if you are choosing between buying the week before or buying during the sale where it might be 10% or 25% off, obviously i guess the latter

Yeah, I'm not expecting anything higher than 25% off. That makes sense, so I guess I'll play the patient game.

On that note, what are the cutest (good) games released on Steam this year? I'm a fan of cute, so give me suggestions! =3

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This might interest jshacks or whoever else liked Faery Solitaire:

Game just got a price reduction, down to $2.99

I did enjoy Faery Solitaire and I'll probably be picking this up soon too. I mean, it's basically been this price since it launched, since they've had quite a few 90% off coupons float around for badge crafting over the past few years, but I was never able to get my hands on one. All the same, I think a lot of people were really put off by this game's $30 price tag so I'm glad to see they've listened to reason and priced the game appropriately.

MUnited83

For you.
I wonder the thought process that some devs come up with in regards crazy pricing schemes that make no sense at all.

The game got a 90%off coupon very shortly after release. It makes no sense.

Tizoc

Just so you know I lost an avatar bet :V

So does the Autumn Sale start on the 30th or 31st?

EDIT: Does Indiegala have any discount codes? $22ish for Lords of the Fallen still feels like too much.

Good morning guys
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Abyss Odyssey -- MB-DB4F973E09036F0B - Taken by Darth Kupi. 4 entrants total.
Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY -- MB-C044935EEB966DB9 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Contagion -- MB-7A476C4018267A4E - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
Insurgency -- MB-BC0C9B29E8B2AAFD

t1446010092z1.png

Dsyndrome

EDIT: Does Indiegala have any discount codes? $22ish for Lords of the Fallen still feels like too much.

Do you give big 'ol bear hugs too?

For LotF, it was <$15 at Nuuvem last month, I can't remember if that's when I got it or not, still haven't installed it.

How come I can only get 30fps with dips in Black Flag at 1080p max settings (save for physx) on a 970

I mean I got BF for free with my 660, come the fuck on

Even Unity runs better at this point

Tizoc

Do you give big 'ol bear hugs too?
I give the fluffiest bear hugs :3

Speaking of bears, seeing as most PS4 announced games also have a PC ver. coming with it I'm really looking forward to Ancel's Wild, might double dip if I feel like it.

I do find it funny that the Detroit thread has more posts than the Wild thread
I mean the former is David Cage, you think some people would know better after Heavy Rain and Beyond :p
I do get the Ex Machina vibes though.

For LotF, it was <$15 at Nuuvem last month, I can't remember if that's when I got it or not, still haven't installed it.

Yeah I'm waiting for the complete edition or GotY edition to hit $15 or less

Teeth

How come I can only get 30fps with dips in Black Flag at 1080p max settings (save for physx) on a 970

I mean I got BF for free with my 660, come the fuck on

Even Unity runs better at this point

You gotta do the triple buffer trick. Something like, hold alt and tab and then let go when the task switcher is on the AssCreed icon.

I'm dead serious.

EDIT: here it is: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_IV_Black_Flag#Borderless_fullscreen_windowed
"Press and hold Alt+Tab &#8633;, release only Tab &#8633;, then while holding Alt click with the left or right mouse button. "

I got between 45 and 60 depending on the area on a stock 2600K and 770 2 GB

Deitus

I do find it funny that the Detroit thread has more posts than the Wild thread
I mean the former is David Cage, you think some people would know better after Heavy Rain and Beyond :p
I do get the Ex Machina vibes though.

David Cage makes good trailers, he just doesn't write very well for a full game. I think his games would be better served by having him come up with the concept, atmosphere, and the like, but hiring someone else to actually write the games.

I wonder the thought process that some devs come up with in regards crazy pricing schemes that make no sense at all.

The game got a 90%off coupon very shortly after release. It makes no sense.

There's a post about it in the Steam forums, I guess they intended having a bunch of 90% coupons work as a sort of PWYW system, but I don't know how you were supposed to PWYW if you never got a coupon. I'll probably get this soon but I want to see what's in the Halloween sale first.

Lomax

Halloween sale will start the 29th. Autumn/Thanksgiving sale should start November 25th. And because someone will ask, Winter sale will probably start December 17th.

Soulflarz

Banned
You gotta do the triple buffer trick. Something like, hold alt and tab and then let go when the task switcher is on the AssCreed icon.

I'm dead serious.

EDIT: here it is: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_IV_Black_Flag#Borderless_fullscreen_windowed
"Press and hold Alt+Tab &#8633;, release only Tab &#8633;, then while holding Alt click with the left or right mouse button. "

W-what

Cities: Skylines and Expeditions: Conquistador are the only Unity games that don't seem like jank city. Every other one has a ridiculous filesize, performance issues, and bizarre problems plaguing it.

I'd include the endless series to that list. And I don't believe the "jank" is unity's fault!

Teeth

I'm dead serious.

LMAO.
It's like magic. That tweak is the incantation.

Teggy

Well I just stayed up 14 innings to watch my team lose, that's great.

Anyway, I finally finished Ghost Recon Future Soldier today. I started it like 2 months ago and just slowly chipped away at it. It had all these features I liked like ordering your guys to take out a bunch of guys simultaneously and stealth and stuff, but it was never used in such a way that it felt all that fun. But I kept wanting to like it, so I kept playing it every once in a while. The very last segment of the game is an on-foot rail shooter, no joke. And who knows what the story was about - some guys blew up some of our guys and we had to find them and they were in Russia for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom