• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
kzggae.gif

so shameless

smh Kojima

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I still don't see why people are complaining about fanservice and dumb things in MGS.

Cause it looks stupid.
I don't care about "fanservice" but her character just looks so incredibly stupid. Imagine if Alyx ran around in a bikini the whole time during Half Life 2.

liezryou

Is it just me or is shadows of mordor ridiculously easy? I already had almost all the captains etc dead before
ratbag made warchief
. I had to die a few times in order to refill the orc ranks...

Tellaerin

Because it's ridiculous.

No more ridiculous to me than what you'd find in a comic book or manga.

And that's what MGS is, really. As military drama goes, it's about as realistic as an average issue of the X-Men. So a sniper who can cloak like the Predator and runs around in a skimpy costume is just par for the course, IMO.

Deitus

Gonna be great having a partner in the battlefield. Wonder what things Kojima put in the game around this mechanic.
That sniper rifle doesn't look that powerful though. They should add an exhaustive weapon store ala MGS4.

Well, in the gameplay demo, every time Big Boss used a fulton balloon on anything, there was a popup indicating that he was spending money to do so. So it is likely there will be more that you can buy with your money than that.

No more ridiculous to me than what you'd find in a comic book or manga.

And that's what MGS is, really. As military drama goes, it's about as realistic as an average issue of the X-Men. So a sniper who can cloak like the Predator and runs around in a skimpy costume is just par for the course, IMO.

I don't know if any of you listen to the Giant Bombcast, Dan Rykert is a huge MGS fan, but claims to hate anime (despite never having seen one). So the other guys on the podcast keep trying to convince him that MGS is basically just anime (which it totally is) and he outright refuses to accept it. He is a very special individual.

-Deimos

This game is simply looking incredible.

See that little muscle movement on her upper arm when she nods? That attention to detail is insane.

No, why is Alien banner winning? I'm deeply upset.

I never noticed that. I'm gonna assume it's just a glitch, though.
gymyiq.gif

This game is going to be amazing.

Nzyme32

....it's Metal Gear Solid. What're you guys exactly expecting? The whole series is filled to the brim with stupid and ridiculous shit. And that's part of what makes it so good.

But I also feel that some of it is just taken way too far. Even when I'm prepared for it, Kojima finds a way. Also women seem to always be so poorly developed and and completely ridiculous. I'm not sure if that's just a Japanese thing, along with the ridiculous way that everything has to be preannounced. Almost all the time it feels like what I'm hearing is "conversation - repeat noun - exposition - repeat noun - exposition - pandering music: *alert prepare for some forced emotional exposition* - emotional exposition" etc

Chariot

But I also feel that some of it is just taken way too far. Even when I'm prepared for it, Kojima finds a way. Also women seem to always be so poorly developed and and completely ridiculous. I'm not sure if that's just a Japanese thing, along with the ridiculous way that everything has to be preannounced. Almost all the time it feels like what I'm hearing is "conversation - repeat noun - exposition - repeat noun - exposition - pandering music: *alert prepare for some forced emotional exposition* - emotional exposition" etc
Well poorly developed women are a worldwide thing. Can't blame the country of Japan for that.

Tellaerin

I don't know, man. Quiet looks pretty well-developed to me. >.>

I'm sorry, I had to.

MayMay

Banned
Not sure if anyone posted this already, but we're currently playing some CSGO on the GAF Server - if anyone wants to join. Ill just repost this from the Game Night thread

Counter Strike Global Offensive Game Night - Friday 10/03/14
capsule_467x181.jpg

t1412378100z1.png

How to join us:
In the main menu click play, click browse community servers and finally click add a server.

A: We have a server for Counter Strike Global Offensive.
IP: 64.237.33.162:27815
PW: Quote to see Server Password.
Alternatively, you can connect by clicking this link.

This will be using casual rules. Up to 16 people.

derExperte

Something, hem, groovy for a Friday night.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Electronic Super Joy: Groove City -- MB-31AE80864391C677 - Taken by Kryptonite. 1 entrants total.

t1412382563z1.png

Alien isolation seems to run pretty good
So er, I don't have an i7 processor. Anyone know how would a Q6600 compare? I know on the recommeded specs they listed the "extreme" version above that. Does VHQ stand for very high quality? It does seem pretty good like you say.

edit. Actually never mind. This computer is so different from mine it is pointless comparing.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
anybody know which steam trading site seems to get the most traffic?

is it just TF2Outpost?

I wanna unload a couple game gifts that have been sitting in my inventory for ages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom