• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a real shame. It was really quite a sweet story, but I can totally see why it didn't sell too well. Maybe I'll buy a few copies when it's on sale to give away here.

On the one hand, I think 4,99 were too much for 30-45 minutes of story, but I also think a lot of "anime/manga"-fans are kinda... how to say...
"not open" for anything besides japanese games/anime/manga.

At least here in Germany and in some anime/manga-communities there are quite a lot of people who dont even give manhwa or Manhua a chance, just because they are not japanese.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Did he ever explain the purpose of these stupid B&B photo shooting sessions in MGS4?

It was Snake's accelerated aging process in conjunction with his nanomachines projecting his own secret inner fantasies into what the player perceived to be the reality of the game, obviously.

Uncharted Waters man that game was good... We are talking NES here right? I may have some rose tint going on here but. yeah I remember that being a blast.

Close, the one I'm talking about is on the SNES. But yeah, it's really great. It's probably one of my favorite games on the system.

Quiet's style is loud.

Man, seeing Uncharted Waters Online on Steam just makes me want a new single player UW game that actually gets localized :/
Damn, I hadn't known 2nd Age just launched on Steam. This will be worth a shot later.

Uncharted Waters man that game was good... We are talking NES here right? I may have some rose tint going on here but. yeah I remember that being a blast.
New Horizons is the game most people start out with. It's part of the company's Rekoeition series of historical strategy/CRPG sim-games, and they're all great fun. Complex for the time and worthy now...I really want to play more of the old Koei games in their best forms.

In other news, A-Train: Railway Simulator is speculated to be releasing on October the 10th. I don't wanna overshoot and make an OT just yet, but anyone who's got a knack for business city-builders should give it a look.

Sajjaja

Evil Within is the better banner.

No.
image.php

I prefer the Alien banner but the Evil Within needs the press more so I vote for it.

Really looking forward to both games though, such a fun month!

Uzzy

I just saw lightning strike between the two arches of a double rainbow

Time to preorder FFXIII

The Goddess spoke, and you listened. Fine work.

On the one hand, I think 4,99 were too much for 30-45 minutes of story, but I also think a lot of "anime/manga"-fans are kinda... how to say...
"not open" for anything besides japanese games/anime/manga.

At least here in Germany and in some anime/manga-communities there are quite a lot of people who dont even give manhwa or Manhua a chance, just because they are not japanese.

Yeah, I've had similar experiences with the anime club I was at in Uni here in England, but I don't think that was a big reason why Shan Gui bombed. As you say, 45 minutes of pure story, with no choices or different paths, is bound to be a hard sell. Especially from a brand new team.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The Evil Within Aliens™

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Aw, sadly your vote doesn't count, because the choice was Alien, not Aliens. The Aliens game came out last year. :p

Well, if she doesn't talk then she can only express herself through her naked body fashion choices.

Her standard outfit would be a reasonable alternate unlockable costume (or these days paid DLC). I would prefer a main outfit, or readily available alternate costume, that dressed her in fatigues. If Kojima wants to promote cosplay or whatever, Leave the top buttons undone, MGS is more of a action game than simulator so it wouldn't stand out.

yuraya

Still wanna chase the sale discount. Do the final fantasy games hit under 10 often?

GMG had VII+VIII bundle for $6 during the summer. But that was kind of a price error and they changed it within like 30 min. That is the lowest I've ever seen any FF games go.

I'm sure they will all be like 5-10$ individually in the coming sales tho.

Yeah, I've had similar experiences with the anime club I was at in Uni here in England, but I don't think that was a big reason why Shan Gui bombed. As you say, 45 minutes of pure story, with no choices or different paths, is bound to be a hard sell. Especially from a brand new team.

Especially when games like Narcissu are free.

There is another chinese VN that got through GL though. Wonder when it will be released.
I also wish they would release the Shan Gui Sequel. Maybe start at 2,49$ then.

Ozium

What's so special about the Evil Within? Besides Mikami, that is.. I mean there are a million games on Steam that feature Zombies...

How many feature Aliens?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Chariot

Jesus Christ, I just finished the Torgue DLC Campaign of Borderlands 2. It was awesome and fun - except for the Badassaurus fight. That was mean and punishing. I had to use a weapon I don't usually use and crouched behind the barrier shooting for 10 minutes on that damn thing, running back and forth to buy new ammunition and occasionally recovering my shield. That wasn't challenging, that was just frustrating. I read that one can destroy the barrels to stop it from doing some of the attacks, but not once I even destroyed one. And I had three runs before that final one, with different tactics and permanent reviving and restocking.
Jørdan;132786125 said:
Easy peasy.
Wonderful!

Zeknurn

We’re excited to announce the 2014 Halloween Sale, which will run during the Halloween weekend. Specific start and end times are listed on the discount tool page. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PUBLICLY SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SALE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION.

Thursday October 30th at 10am Pacific until Monday, November 3rd at 10am Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom