• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
with Bundle Stars doing a weekend sale on some WB games the Batman set would be a little less than $30 for all three games (Asylum GOTY, City GOTY, Origins + Season Pass)...is that about the lowest to expect for them all together?

You might want to try to find a trader with AA and AC from humble bundle. They're usually much cheaper than buying them from a store.

The season pass has been $5 before, so the total price could be lower. Plus Oranges will probably reach $5 at some point (it's already been very close to $5 in the past).

thanks...I can hold off for now, I just wanted to check here and see what others said about the price since you all have followed these sales and stuff more than I ever have

You might want to try to find a trader with AA and AC from humble bundle. They're usually much cheaper than buying them from a store.

AA and AC are $5 each...the thing making the price like that is Origins ($7.50 for the game and $10 for the pass)

Miguel81

If you read last year's winter sale thread, I pretty much took the thing apart in multiple posts =p
I wouldn't recommend playing through it yourself, even for the lulz.
I only finished it because someone gifted it to me =p

What did you do to get that thrown your way?

At least some fun gifs/vids came out of the damn thing, though.

Hey peeps. Been some time. Hope you're all doing fine or at least better than me.
How's your arm turfy? Nice avi JaseC, looks a bit young though.

Anyway, glad I was right with my prediction MGS:GZ would come in the next 3 months. Hopefully my other guesses (MGS:Legacy reveal before MGS:pP) will come true as well :)

Anything interesting happen in the last two days? I am still skimming the last 30 pages. Only saw a price mistake for Paradox bundle. Cities in Motion 2 and Europa Universalis IV would have been a blast for 5 cent. Oh well, not like I haven't enough backlog already.

Nice to see you people again.

Turfster

What did you do to get that thrown your way?

At least some fun gifs/vids came out of the damn thing, though.

People love gifting me "bad" games, since they know I'll do my best to finish everything I'm gifted, if possible.
ACM has been pretty much the worst one of the bunch, though.
(Yes, I have some peculiar "friends")

How's your arm turfy?
Still going to PT regularly. I can use it, but it's still painful.

GMG updated their welcome pack with some different games.

New Flying Bundle
Price: 1.5$
  • Gentlemen
  • Mr Bree+
  • ?
  • Pitman (desura)
  • Sweezy Gunner
  • Villagers and Heroes: Hero of Stormhold
  • White Noise Online

Tellaerin

It took me six times to finally get rid of Mogg the Wicked. Honestly the best way is to do a mission elsewhere so that time advances, hopefully another orc will take his place before he can come back.

kupop9jwn.jpg

Kupo? >.>

People love gifting me "bad" games, since they know I'll do my best to finish everything I'm gifted, if possible.
ACM has been pretty much the worst one of the bunch, though.

Good for you playing your gifts to the fullest. Whenever I get gifted a game, it goes straight to the top of my queue and I post impressions when I finish it or give it a suitable go. Hence the impressions I gave for Infected the other day. I also was gifted Journey of a Roach, and I gave it a go...I do not foresee favourable impressions in its future.

Miguel81

Hey peeps. Been some time. Hope you're all doing fine or at least better than me.
How's your arm turfy? Nice avi JaseC, looks a bit young though.

Anyway, glad I was right with my prediction MGS:GZ would come in the next 3 months. Hopefully my other guesses (MGS:Legacy reveal before MGS:pP) will come true as well :)

Anything interesting happen in the last two days? I am still skimming the last 30 pages. Only saw a price mistake for Paradox bundle. Cities in Motion 2 and Europa Universalis IV would have been a blast for 5 cent. Oh well, not like I haven't enough backlog already.

Nice to see you people again.

That is something that I would love to come to fruition. 1 and 3 are my faves, and having them on Steam would be swell. Oh, and Pillars of Eternity was delayed, but Alien Isolation is getting mostly positive reviews.

Jawmuncher

Beat Shadows of Mordor.
Definitely better than I thought it would be especially considering my first impressions. Though story wise definitely feels like they got rushed or cut content for the season pass. The story just feels off in what should basically be the middle ends up becoming the end game which is just odd. Hopefully a sequel could improve in that department if one is ever made

Also can someone explain that ending to me?
Why did he say that at the end?

Oneironaut

Neo Member
Good for you playing your gifts to the fullest. Whenever I get gifted a game, it goes straight to the top of my queue and I post impressions when I finish it or give it a suitable go. Hence the impressions I gave for Infected the other day. I also was gifted Journey of a Roach, and I gave it a go...I do not foresee favourable impressions in its future.

I won the Hamlet adventure game on Steamgifts and made myself play it through to the end because I didn't want to waste a gift. That game was awful.

Uzzy

Well im on the East Coast. So its about 3 and a half hours till 7:30. Though for EU GAF I can move it up an hour if you guys want? to 6:30 PM EDT

I'm fine either way, as I don't need to get up early!

Seems Shan Gui didnt sell too well:

Too bad, since I liked it, but actually it was far too short (30-45 minutes) and just a kinetic VN, so there were no choices. But I would say the art, music and the dub was actually quite good.
I enjoyed it.

On 20th October though it will be 2,49$, so maybe that will help the sales.

That's a real shame. It was really quite a sweet story, but I can totally see why it didn't sell too well. Maybe I'll buy a few copies when it's on sale to give away here.

I'm about 10 hours in to Assassin's Creed III. I've heard a lot of mixed things about this game, but as it stands now, I'm loving it. It just feels so fresh after playing through the Ezio trilogy recently. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to enjoy it because of franchise fatigue but I really am. Plus, the reveal that
Haytham was a templar
is definitely my favorite moment in the whole series. Didn't see that coming at all.

Teppic

Happy something again!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 40 Steam keys and 10 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teppic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vector #2 -- MB-F34BB6EA669B6C40 - Taken by dot. 5 entrants total.
Kill Fun Yeah #2 -- MB-DCE9E1A921489477 - Taken by agniswarm
The Cat Lady #2 -- MB-8727884F87737C9D - Taken by 73V3N. 5 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle #3 (Desura) -- MB-5D0B88D3BF5FFECD - Taken by Twin Tails
ulgzbKC.png
Life of Pixel (Desura) -- MB-F76730DD406014C9 - Taken by Mikurden
Corporate Lifestyle Simulator -- MB-1146EBCF4C343864 - Taken by Vuze. 13 entrants total.
Consortium -- MB-D41308FB4B240EED - Taken by The Dear Leader. 11 entrants total.
Quest of Dungeons -- MB-172F70F422B9464C - Taken by Sarcasm. 10 entrants total.
Aces Wild: Manic Brawling Action! -- MB-9AF4D03608113113 - Taken by Nabs. 4 entrants total.
3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-CE3E1633642E8F52 - Taken by agniswarm. 2 entrants total.
Hammerwatch -- MB-C81C217845B44DFA - Taken by bluechox2. 7 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (Desura) -- MB-FBFEEE1CA5A792CD
Continue?9876543210 -- MB-617312F2B3697819 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick. 5 entrants total.
World of Goo -- MB-5A9FF3697EFCB4E0 - Taken by hepburn3d. 4 entrants total.
The Cat Lady -- MB-47801948F32C38C2 - Taken by billmcdougal. 7 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (Desura) -- MB-47B2EB7DB931B7D3 - Taken by WinterDemons
Eschalon: Book III -- MB-64A37662578B5554 - Taken by Jrdan. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Dungeons of Dredmor (Desura) -- MB-5F5C8098AD1EC6E0
Betrayer -- MB-2B365E3135F901DC - Taken by user237. 14 entrants total.
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-E17716FFFB6A2B05 - Taken by schwupp. 3 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-8F23EBFEFC662348 - Taken by Nyteshade517. 3 entrants total.
The Mysterious Cities of Gold -- MB-D9DD7C7730400891 - Taken by Sammichu. 2 entrants total.
Wooden Sen'SeY -- MB-FB3FA00770B2232B - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 5 entrants total.
Vitrum -- MB-2937D85D1C147CA6 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 5 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~ DELUXE (Desura) -- MB-234CA2AF49C79154 - Taken by Eila
Terrorhedron -- MB-C34B1D777CCF236B - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 3 entrants total.
Kill Fun Yeah -- MB-C32D5B09464D857C - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
AudioSurf -- MB-66904B15DEC99506 - Taken by salazar547. 5 entrants total.
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten -- MB-2C2023F23DD5CEEE - Taken by someguyinahat. 6 entrants total.
Project Root -- MB-0D86A89D2267C112 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Space Farmers -- MB-CAF2E345B1B88409 - Taken by freshVeggie. 6 entrants total.
Pool Nation -- MB-080B20D038FFEAF4 - Taken by Shalashaska. 7 entrants total.
Vector -- MB-C7843D99BC6CD135 - Taken by Saty. 4 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-50EF8CE52909A38B
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Introversion Bundle (Desura) -- MB-8799921083EC0778 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten (GOG) -- MB-1D3960236BD19DBD - Taken by Cheddahz. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle #2 (Desura) -- MB-DEAA4157BB07AC05 - Taken by WinterDemons
Spy Chameleon - RGB Agent -- MB-4D92DCA590CF4373 - Taken by maty. 7 entrants total.
The Maker's Eden -- MB-31F4F5483BE6DDB0 - Taken by louiedog. 3 entrants total.
Riptide GP2 -- MB-5CFAA738B3EA1834 - Taken by redlacs. 11 entrants total.
Heileen 3: New Horizons - Deluxe Edition -- MB-414533EFA4BD2F0E - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.
WazHack -- MB-5CB9A370B2124D18 - Taken by Scipius. 7 entrants total.

Ms. Splosion Man -- MB-442A6E0A74AEBCC2 - Taken by Kuroyume. 10 entrants total.
Puddle -- MB-3C5AD34CFD52CA43 - Taken by abracadaver. 6 entrants total.
Lilly Looking Through #2 -- MB-A43681CAB42EDD4B - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden -- MB-98AA6FCC372EC0C1 - Taken by NingenJanai. 3 entrants total.
Super Lemonade Factory -- MB-CA68BB00FEE09C1D - Taken by GaussTek. 9 entrants total.
Meltdown -- MB-D1454FCD77B659C3 - Taken by anastef. 4 entrants total.
Real World Racing -- MB-E1090DB063F5DAC1 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 5 entrants total.
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete -- MB-501EDB564C2C5AAA - Taken by Divius. 5 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Vector #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Kill Fun Yeah #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Cat Lady #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Humble Indie Bundle #3 (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Life of Pixel (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Corporate Lifestyle Simulator was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Consortium was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Quest of Dungeons was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Aces Wild: Manic Brawling Action! was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for 3 Stars of Destiny was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hammerwatch was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Note: The key you added for Continue?9876543210 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for World of Goo was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Cat Lady was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Eschalon: Book III was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dungeons of Dredmor (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Betrayer was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Lilly Looking Through was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Mysterious Cities of Gold was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Wooden Sen'SeY was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Note: The key you added for Vitrum was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~ DELUXE (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Terrorhedron was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Kill Fun Yeah was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for AudioSurf was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Project Root was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Vector was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for SpaceChem was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Humble Introversion Bundle (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten (GOG) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Humble Indie Bundle #2 (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Spy Chameleon - RGB Agent was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Maker's Eden was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Riptide GP2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Heileen 3: New Horizons - Deluxe Edition was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for WazHack was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ms. Splosion Man was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Puddle was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Note: The key you added for Lilly Looking Through #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Super Lemonade Factory was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Meltdown was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Real World Racing was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dungeons of Dredmor Complete was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1412458583z1.png

Turfster

Towns.
"This game is in your discovery queue just to see if you might be interested."
How about no?

Also, Valve still haven't fixed the fucking region-locked F2P discovery queue barfing.

Hah! In the other gifs it looked like she was showing the middle-finger when Snake was in her line of sight.
Thank you based Kojima.
Somehow I know the guy cosplaying Quiet?! I saw him, I just don't remember where? Hope it doesn't turn out to be something embarrassing...
I also tried Far Cry 4 today, PS4 version. Excluding elephants, it looks the same stuff from 3, to me :S
Interesting. FC4 is already out on PS4? Or is a beta? I really liked FC3 and from the trailers it was pretty obvious to me it's gonna be very similar. I am ok with it. Not every game has to reinvent the wheel.
Happy something again!
Very cool of you, thanks. In for Terrorhedron, Space Farmers and Corporate Lifestyle Simulator.

This gif from the kotaku review is great(well, the actual quality is shit), good to know you have to be careful even when using a computer :D
vdarlf6n2k9gs9svo5ta.gif

Really excited to play it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Bedlam looks like an interesting game worth keeping an eye on. Though the FPS gameplay may be only average to competent, the writing by Christopher Brookmyre helps make for an amusing and fun story through a "travel through different game worlds" setting a la ReBoot.
FPS in a Pac-Man inspired maze is good fun

Early access in this case refers to not every stage being present, plenty of bugs, scripts still needing to be written, and incomplete graphics and art assets.

This gif from the kotaku review is great(well, the actual quality is shit), good to know you have to be careful even when using a computer :D
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--YjNuw-iV--/vdarlf6n2k9gs9svo5ta.gif[/]
Really excited to play it.[/QUOTE]

No good ever comes from using Floppy Drive computers. Not now, not the 1980s, not 21XX, never.

I agree Isolation does look good, though a bit like Dead Rising I'm still a bit worried about how frustrating the checkpoint/save system is and how tiresome it might get to retread the same areas over and over again depending on how poorly I may play.

I also want an expansion to Isolation, well a side-story really. Same game, just make Amanda Ripley the free path A.I. that can do whatever and we get to play as the Xenomorph. Different experience, though too much new programming than what a simple DLC would allow.

Turfster

Really excited to play it.
Well... shit.
Sigh. There goes the media blackout =p

(Can people tag their anonymous gifs so I'll know not to actually load the image next time?)

I'm tempted to buy Diablo 3 and the expansion pack for $40 but then I remember that I should have just bought Shadow of Mordor from a Russian bear when I had the chance. Then I go back to playing Smash Bros <3

Tizoc

See, Fortune being a ganguro in MGS2 makes since cuz of MGS2's context
Fortune.jpg

This games takes place in the 70s and 80s, it's one thing to have a character with their own personality, and another to just add fanservice for the sake of fanservice cuz you're an Otaku.

Rudakus

Man, seeing Uncharted Waters Online on Steam just makes me want a new single player UW game that actually gets localized :/

Uncharted Waters man that game was good... We are talking NES here right? I may have some rose tint going on here but. yeah I remember that being a blast.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ryne, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pier Solar and the Great Architects -- MB-DD8423C25C956234 - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 52 entrants total.

t1412378662z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom