• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Still no SMT 4 news for EU

vag 2.0

apparently so, thanks! (I just assumed, you know, nintendo and all, that it'd be an elaborate process)

back on topic, i'd still definitely buy a digital copy even though I have reservations as far as the e-shop goes, i'm just disappointed that i bought a pal console right after that announcement

Well, considering Sega owns Atlus now, we actually have someone that could potentially distribute Atlus games in Europe at a good pace.

well Sega havent helped get Conception 2 a physical release here and Sega never gave Hatsune Miku PS3 a physical release either, so I'm not expecting anything.

I don't see the point but here it goes:
You were right. Thanks for your help anyway.
Danke, dass Sie uns geschrieben haben.

Ob und wann der von Ihnen genannte Spieltitel auf dem deutschen Markt veröffentlicht wird, ist derzeit nicht bekannt.

Das Angebot an Nintendo-Software wird ständig erweitert. Wir empfehlen Ihnen unsere Homepage www.nintendo.de im Auge zu behalten, da wir hier immer rechtzeitig über alle neuen Produkte von Nintendo informieren.

Übrigens, eine Vielzahl der Spiele für Nintendo-Geräte wird nicht von Nintendo, sondern von Lizenznehmern veröffentlicht. Lizenznehmer sind Unternehmen, die sich das Recht erworben haben, Spiele und Zubehör für die Nintendo-Geräte zu entwickeln und zu vertreiben, darüber hinaus sind sie aber völlig unabhängig. Wir raten Ihnen daher, sich z. B. im Handel oder im Internet über das Spielangebot von Lizenznehmern zu informieren.

Wir wünschen Ihnen weiterhin viel Spaß mit unseren Produkten.

Sie haben weitere Fragen? Ihr Nintendo-Team ist gerne für Sie da.

Herzliche Grüße aus Großostheim

Doris Ebert
Google tells me the only important bit is "If and when you mention the game title will be released on the German market , is currently unknown.".

This makes me wonder even more if Nintendo UK got the publisher bit wrong (they did not tell me). Also ATLUS USA have yet to reply to me and the response posted doesn't sound like a they (the alleged publisher) know either...

What a mess...

well Sega havent helped get Conception 2 a physical release here and Sega never gave Hatsune Miku PS3 a physical release either, so I'm not expecting anything.

Well, for those two games I can understand, because they are new franchises here and unknown...

For SMT IV, I wouldn't accept it, because this is a franchise that is well known here AND they know there is interest in this game and there are already physical copies of their lesser know SMT games (Devil Survivor Overclocked and Soul Hackers).

It wouldn't be right to have SMT IV digital only and the other games physical.

But then again, Ace Attorney 5 happened, so they could care less probably... :(

If EO:U can have a physical release, then SMT IV would be inexcusable to not have a physical release. They could ask NIS to help... :(

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
it seems sure that it will be published by Atlus. If they'll exploit Sega, it could be also retail. In any case, day one for me.

wrowa

it seems sure that it will be published by Atlus. If they'll exploit Sega, it could be also retail. In any case, day one for me.

You shouldn't put too much faith into Nintendo's Customer Service. If something isn't officially announced, they won't know about it either.

Might want to wait to see if it's coming at all before worrying about the specifics of how.

It would be rather weird if Atlus published Conception 2 on the eshop, but not SMTIV in case they don't find another publisher for it.

flowsnake

I'm done with making assumptions really, whether things make sense or not.

I'm importing, if it comes out in Europe that'll just be a bonus.

You were right. Thanks for your help anyway.

Google tells me the only important bit is "If and when you mention the game title will be released on the German market , is currently unknown.".

This makes me wonder even more if Nintendo UK got the publisher bit wrong (they did not tell me). Also ATLUS USA have yet to reply to me and the response posted doesn't sound like a they (the alleged publisher) know either...

What a mess...

It says you should contact a Shop for games from other publishers than nintendo. Probably because Nintendo doesnt publish the EU version of the game.

Top Bottom