• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strange Silent Hill Related Teasing??

Lynx_7

You gotta give whoever organized this some credit. Not only did he/they lucked out tremendously, they also ended it with just the right amount of crypticness so that some people will still desperately cling to the hope that there's something more here.

Well played.

Foffy

Banned
You gotta give whoever organized this some credit. Not only did he/they lucked out tremendously, they also ended it with just the right amount of crypticness so that some people will still desperately cling to the hope that there's something more here.

Well played.

They lucked out due to external events. How do you plan a website over a month ago and have actual events that occur fuel legitimacy to your website before the timer goes off?

What fed this was the fallout between Konami and Kojima, and the messes that has produced.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
They lucked out due to external events. How do you plan a website over a month ago and have actual events that occur fuel legitimacy to your website before the timer goes off?

What fed this was the fallout between Konami and Kojima, and the messes that has produced.

The website was actually registered many months ago, a few days before it was announced that there was trouble between Kojipro and Konami.

Let's be honest, none of us can help ourselves. There are the people that make up these crazy conspiracies, the ones that eat it up hoping it will be real, and people like me who like to watch the destruction unfold and watch people's hearts shatter.
We all need eachother

The circle of life.

Foffy

Banned
The website was actually registered many months ago, a few days before it was announced that there was trouble between Kojipro and Konami.

Even so, bizarre coincidences all around.

If this were to lead to something major, it kind of petered out when the countdown did. Can we even say the game reveal on the Black Hound website was related, if the Silent Hill images on Reddit aren't?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Let's be honest, none of us can help ourselves. There are the people that make up these crazy conspiracies, the ones that eat it up hoping it will be real, and people like me who like to watch the destruction unfold and watch people's hearts shatter.
We all need eachother

vVpoqG.gif

Jakten

We have known for a long time about the site, and I saw the messages in the source code myself. I never sent them my email, I thought many others would.

Ahhh ok, I see the old thread about it now. I'm curious to see if they actually e-mail people and try to keep this going now that it's seemingly backfired spectacularly.

Hoax or not its elaborate enough to be comically interesting at least.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Ahhh ok, I see the old thread about it now. I'm curious to see if they actually e-mail people and try to keep this going now that it's seemingly backfired spectacularly.

Hoax or not its elaborate enough to be comically interesting at least.

GeekMarty did post a reply earlier.

Wasn't me, btw.

Ok, I removed the email thinking it was you.

Jakten

Two hours ago everyone was convinced i was kojima because of duran duran.
I can't prove who i am not, but i do hope that something is happening just like everyone else.People have known about the website for while, but tonight it took off like spreading wild fire.

And i don't know what you mean about an email, i haven't received anything special just yet :-(

I assumed the image of the email you posted was your own, where did you find it?

GeekMarty did post a reply earlier.

Oh, it was originally posted by him?

Lynx_7

At least this shows how people can generate seemingly "plausible"(or at least convincing enough) narratives out of sheer unrelated coincidences, straws and "facts", and manipulate tons of people to buy into it even when there's absolutely nothing there.

Foffy

Banned
At least this shows how people can generate seemingly "plausible"(or at least convincing enough) narratives out of sheer unrelated coincidences, straws and "facts", and manipulate tons of people to buy into it even when there's absolutely nothing there.

Like Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear retconning.

We've literally witnessed how a conspiracy theory is formed and why it gains traction.

Foffy

Banned
There's a pic of some dude on the ingsoc site now with a caption "don't believe his lies"

Yeah. Anyone know who he is?

The image mentions not believing lies, but the only image that appears to be a lie, at least listed on the page, regards the countdown ending.

It's literally named "Lie.png"

S3 plan a huge success.

Cmagus

He puts it back up but gets rid of his image so people will click on it. Pretty lame it would have been cool if it lead to some sort of game related thing.

Foffy

Banned
He puts it back up but gets rid of his image so people will click on it. Pretty lame it would have been cool if it lead to some sort of game related thing.

You could have still clicked anyway, so the picture was merely a new addition in the corner.

Which is now gone. Huh.

What happened to the Twitter account talking about a game being made? That account actually replied to a GAF user.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Just someone with too much time on his/her hands looking for all the attention he/she can get. Close it. Ignore it. Soon enough, it will stop.

Top Bottom