• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V is getting thrashed by the Steam reviews

Mik317

People seem to ignore the focus this game has taken. Look at the commercials, the whole tourny community is the big focus in one of them. The CPT and such is also a major part of the advertisment. I am certain, there probably will be trailers for new shit there that then blow up and reach the normal venues. Capcom/Sony are putting a lot of money into that community, they can't just back out at the last second...it doesn't work that way. A major part of SfxT downfall was it's poor showing in the FGC. That started the poor word of mouth about how the game was boring and bad, starting many slightly false opinions about the game becoming facts. If SFV is considered the next big thing and is hype and all that jazz, that will reach the ears of those on the outside. This is a part of advertisment. Now I will say, they underestimated the backlash from the missing features for sure, Capcom gonna Capcom afterall, but the FGC community and the "esports" focus of this game is clearly very important in Capcom's eyes...just because you don't think so, doesn't mean they can just say fuck it and not support it because features are missing at launch in a game that is all about constantly adding features. Time will tell if this is a smart decision (probably isn't) but it isn't bullshit. If it was JUST about their financials, then the game probably could have released next month, SFxT did.

The 600k fight money guy was wrong. He even admitted it. By the time you finish prologue plus easy/normal survival for all characters you'll have about enough to get 3 characters. And even then, that's 4 less than what was in the initial launch of street fighter IV.

Based on how long it takes to level up, those daily challenges need to be around 5k a pop if not more to prevent a massive grind for then last 3 characters coming this year.

this ignores the FM you probably will get from trails, the tutorials, and the other story mode. Not to mention if they add an arcade mode due to the backlash. I think it is very possible to have close to enough for all the characters by doing all that with minimal online play.

A.E Suggs

The 600k fight money guy was wrong. He even admitted it. By the time you finish prologue plus easy/normal survival for all characters you'll have about enough to get 3 characters. And even then, that's 4 less than what was in the initial launch of street fighter IV.

Based on how long it takes to level up, those daily challenges need to be around 5k a pop if not more to prevent a massive grind for then last 3 characters coming this year.

Well the characters come out a month for the first 2 and then it skips a month. Unless you aren't playing the game like at all I don't see how it isn't possible to get close to leveling up all characters. Its grindy but I think that part is fair. I don't get the comparison to SFIV, especially since the character variation is more than SFIV when 4 made up the roster with like 4 kinds of shoto's. I still don't see the character selection or earning the characters as a valid complaint, the other issues I can agree on.

Did sfv even sell 100k for PC? At least on steam? If not then damn this will be the biggest flop in this franchise worse sfxtekken. Probably around 200k sold in NA and at max 500k world-wide. I would be surprised to see sfv in NPD charts next month.

Did sfv even sell 100k for PC? At least on steam? If not then damn this will be the biggest flop in this franchise worse sfxtekken. Probably around 200k sold in NA and at max 500k world-wide. I would be surprised to see sfv in NPD charts next month.
How long does Steamspy take to get accurate again? SFV is at 91k there right now

again people not understanding how this works even though i explained it, just cherry pick comments to respond to

if the game had not made it out in time for the start of the tour at the end of the year would of been forced to use SF4 for another year, its not about waiting for DLC characters and they cant reschedule other events that they dont run themselves witch is 90% of the capcom up tour

i admit they could of done this better, this is the first street fighter to not launch in a arcade and by the time they hit consoles they are much better and you dont get to see it as a bare bones game, this its not battlefront where is online only lots more content is on the way and its all free

So what? Play SFIV for another year. What they've done is far worse, damning the game in the long run in terms of sales for a bunch of tournaments catering to the minority.

How long does Steamspy take to get accurate again? SFV is at 91k there right now
RIP sfv. This game will probably not even reach a million sales worldwide lmaooooooo.

At this point I think i can say with confidence that sfv will do bad financially really bad. So question is will capcom keep supporting the game with what little community they will have left? Or we going back to usfiv?

Hyun Sai

RIP sfv. This game will probably not even reach a million sales worldwide lmaooooooo.

At this point I think i can say with confidence that sfv will do bad financially really bad. So question is will capcom keep supporting the game with what little community they will have left? Or we going back to usfiv?

The tournament players will follow the money, so SFV results will have no real incidence on the Capcom pro-tour.

Slaythe

It's completely irrelevant.

They plan for the game to get more content over the years and sustain sales this way.

Did you expect them to just sell the game to people in feb and that's it ?

It's a bad game * now * for some, it won't be bad forever. Why would you not recommend a good game ?

The never ending streams, the tournaments etc... The game is here to stay whether you like it or not.

Kade

Fastest I've seen a game drop out of the top 10 sellers on Steam and it's number 53 on the Steam concurrent player chart right now with 7,000 current players, 8,600 peak today. I don't think the PC version is doing that well and this launch doesn't seem to be helping. Thank god it's crossplay.

Despite the shaky launch and technical issues, I'm still loving the game and plan on putting significant time into it. Just a shame that things turned out the way they did.

synce

1k seems more likely... So if you complete a challenge every single day of the month, and win an average of 10 matches a day that's enough to unlock one character's alt costume. That's right, one entire costume that was already on the disc. Or you could buy the season pass for the low price of $29.99, and just keep doing that for the next five years ^____^

If you think about it, there's no way Capcom won't won't do a Super/Ultra re-release. At the very least they have to eventually bundle the DLC so they don't turn off people with a $200 game (see: DOA5)

k4n3

Banned
1k seems more likely... So if you complete a challenge every single day of the month, and win an average of 10 matches a day that's enough to unlock one character's alt costume. That's right, one entire costume that was already on the disc. Or you could buy the season pass for the low price of $29.99, and just keep doing that for the next five years ^____^

If you think about it, there's no way Capcom won't won't do a Super/Ultra re-release. At the very least they have to eventually bundle the DLC so they don't turn off people with a $200 game (see: DOA5)

the alt costumes dont come with the season pass for the core roster only the DLC ones , i already have 300k FM and have played maybe 10 matches online lol

So what? Play SFIV for another year. What they've done is far worse, damning the game in the long run in terms of sales for a bunch of tournaments catering to the minority.

yes lets delay SF5 pro tour a whole year because casuals cant wait 3 months for story mode great idea!

yes lets delay SF5 pro tour a whole year because casuals cant wait 3 months for story mode great idea!

It's not the fact that they won't care, it's that they will have moved on. Video games make almost all of their money at or near launch. 3 months from now casual gamers will on to Uncharted 4 or Doom or whatever is coming out then.

Ullus

Speaking of weird art, what's going on with Lauras waist in this?

V4MvPiY.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Speaking of weird art, what's going on with Lauras waist in this?

V4MvPiY.jpg

Based on the other one posted she's some sort of snake lady who can detach her lower portion of her body from the top, so I can't really question anything going on with her torso I guess.

Caon0P5WEAAJvnz.jpg

sleepykyo

I imagine they already have things planned out for the year and toward the end, they'll relaunch the game.

Top Bottom