• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT| No Options to Select

Status
Not open for further replies.
Street Fighter V |OT2| When's Mahvel?

Street Figher V |OT2| "You know Chun, we really are the third strike!"

Street Fighter V |OT2| "For you, it was a 20 win streak. For me, it was Tuesday."

IOT2I Another Rage Quit is coming your way!

This is pretty good too.

Piccoro

So this is cool. For the first time ever, it is possible to use the original Japanese character names in western copies of Street Fighter!

If you change the PS4's system language to JP and then boot up SFV, Bison becomes Vega and Vega becomes Balrog!

I just hope that Mike Tyson doesn't sue when the Balrog/M. Bison DLC drops... :p

Have they somehow fixed the matchmaking? This is the first day I only get matched with players within 200lp or so of myself. The other days the difference was like 500-1000 or so..

I still lose to stupid mistakes but atleast all games I have a chance at winning. Like 50% winrate today and much more fun.

zenpuff

Neo Member
Speaking of Bison, I've been playing around with him a lot in the lab. Most fun I've had with him in awhile, but there's something I don't understand:

The devil's reverse in V Trigger...how exactly does this work? Does he always appear on the same side or what?

My suggestions, one last time.

|OT2| Bison is the bane to your survival

|OT2| In survival, it's always Tuesday

|OT2| Hope you like the default colors

|OT2| Waiting for shopping season

|OT2| That's a nice winstreak, it'd be a shame if somethi- [Error 40002]

|OT2| Running through the 40002 with my dubs

Mupod

Any tips on what I should be doing as Karin against Bison? I get scared of challenging his moves, haha.

As I mentioned my main problem against Karin is dealing with pressure, especially if I get knocked down. Her v-trigger is especially troublesome and is why I have to burn v-reversals sometimes.

Outside of her annoyingly good standing medium step kick I had better luck staying just out of arm's length.

Speaking of Bison, I've been playing around with him a lot in the lab. Most fun I've had with him in awhile, but there's something I don't understand:

The devil's reverse in V Trigger...how exactly does this work? Does he always appear on the same side or what?

it seems like it tries to cross-up but doesn't always succeed if they are moving around a lot.

Kain

Matchmaking is fucking bullshit and I think it's getting worse. Three matches in a row fighting against monsters (for me) in Silver while I am in the low Super Bronze and learning a new char to boot. What the fucking fuck is this? Why can't rankings be separated by character and player like in IV?

Shit, man, I got destroyed like a punk.

zenpuff

Neo Member
As I mentioned my main problem against Karin is dealing with pressure, especially if I get knocked down. Her v-trigger is especially troublesome and is why I have to burn v-reversals sometimes.

Outside of her annoyingly good standing medium step kick I had better luck staying just out of arm's length.

it seems like it tries to cross-up but doesn't always succeed if they are moving around a lot.

Interesting, thanks. Guess the best way to try it out will be to set the dummy to block and see what happens.

KAL2006

Banned
Matchmaking is fucking bullshit and I think it's getting worse. Three matches in a row fighting against monsters (for me) in Silver while I am in the low Super Bronze and learning a new char to boot. What the fucking fuck is this? Why can't rankings be separated by character and player like in IV?

Shit, man, I got destroyed like a punk.

This it makes me never want to switch characters in ranked matches. Capcom fucked this up big time. If I made it to Silver with Birdie and I switch to Karin o should not have to play against silver rankings. Ranking should be character specific.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Street Fighter V |OT2| Capcom published a EA game

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Garret I think the people want the Alpha pun lol

IronLich

Karin vs F.A.N.G is a rough match for me. I fight another friend of mine online with this match, and the results are in my favor, but it's really close, especially where my awesome sweep gets blown up by his awesome sweep. Anyone run into this match have some strats to share to make the ride smoother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom