• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT| No Options to Select

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robot Pants

This is hands down the best OT I've seen in.. shit... maybe ever. Jesus Robot Pants three cheers & thanks for putting in the time! Even just seeing the V-System so cleanly described with animated gifs- a week into playing it and I already had to remind myself about how the V-Reversal works :/. Thanks for your clear explanation & for keeping the GAF so clean.
No problem, my man. I'm glad you like it :)

Timeaisis

Are you trying EX moves? Throw?

Which character are you using?

I'm using Karin, mainly. Throw occasionally works but lots of times I get hit before I can even stand up completely. I haven't really tried EX moves, but again, I can't get them to come out before I stand up...at least I think? Maybe I need to do the quickstand thing when I'm in the corner?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So this is the first evening of me playing this. If no ranked match shows up since I installed the thing, is this the servers' fault or mine? Sitting here, waiting, but nothing happens.

mbpm1

I'm using Karin, mainly. Throw occasionally works but lots of times I get hit before I can even stand up completely. I haven't really tried EX moves, but again, I can't get them to come out before I stand up...at least I think? Maybe I need to do the quickstand thing when I'm in the corner?

You can do EX Spinning Dp thing and it will beat their attack. Timed right it comes out just as your opponent is coming up and will go through their attack.

Also the new OP is here

kobu

if you're in gold rank and you see a player named aplhabee don't even bother playing him because he'll quit when you win..

Finally hit Super Bronze last night. Think I've made some really good progress with Cammy.

How tricky is Karin to learn? I see all of her varying V-Skills and attacks and she seems pretty intimidating, but I'm really intrigued by her style.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
how is it possible i have to wait for hours until a ranked match is found :/ On SF4, it was a matter of seconds.

Kenstar

Finally bought my first Fight Stick, now have to undo muscle memory and relearn for a while
CjtjXJa.jpg

Grifter

A friend's trying to find my matches. Are ranked, casual, AND local vs matches just out there for the public?

After attending a handful of tournaments over the weekend, the legacy controller situation sucks. Have to return to main menu, people were rebooting the console to switch back, controller batteries died, controllers timed out when the next match was on, etc.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
A friend's trying to find my matches. Are ranked, casual, AND local vs matches just out there for the public?

After attending a handful of tournaments over the weekend, the legacy controller situation sucks. Have to return to main menu, people were rebooting the console to switch back, controller batteries died, controllers timed out when the next match was on, etc.

Several tournaments have already banned legacy devices, that will probably be the norm unless Capcom fixes the implementation.

Yep. I'd much rather not get points from rage quitters now, than be getting penalties when the servers shit the bed given how much that has been happening.

It does seem like they could have made it so the person who didn't quit gets their LP though, even if they quitter is currently not punished.

Well, it's not hard to discern genuine disconnections and a fault of the server. Even in the current state.

I started losing 400 points from 900 points. Either I have gotten worse in the game or even lower level players have gotten better. I think I should take a little break from the game. It seems like playing like a relaxed player makes me worse than a little stress.

(edit)

I see someone bumped the old threat whoopsies :p

MrKai

Neo Member
Guys game looks horrible on my new Samsung HD TV. I have played around with the settings but it doesn't look as good on youtube. What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom