• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Whales

Banned
dunno, I guess her almost infinite blockstrings and endless barrage of shit to get in isnt enough

they also want her to have 1000hp

Steroyd

Today I got killed by a raw Ryu CA half way across the screen trying to do Cammy's super I.e timing the input at the end of the animation.

Had I done what feels like a my first Street Fighter thing nowadays and just simply mash buttons, I would not be crying in my pillow right now.

I feel like everytime I learn a new combo I forget basic stuff that won me matches.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

What's up with Cammy players thinking Cammy is terrible? What does she really need?

A projectile, a overhead and a command grab would be nice.

Also nerf everyone else plz.

Durden77

I think a problem with Nash is that his super is just too good and too easy to combo into. Pretty much every single Nash I play saves their bar for super.

And the shitty part about that is, his EX moves are some of the coolest and most useful in the game. And they also lead to some of the coolest combos in the game too, so it's a shame he gets his damage 90% more from supers than those.

I'd really like to see his super/EX balance more fine tuned. Whether that means making his super worse, or adjusting his standard specials so that they're not as good without EX, I dunno. It's not an OP problem or anything, but it would be nice and I legit think it would make the character more fun. Whenever I was playing him I always wanted to go for stylish combos that do good damage, but not enough to really warrant spending v-trigger/bar really. But the combos are so cool! EX Sonic Scythe is like the most satisfying combo move ever.

What's up with Cammy players thinking Cammy is terrible? What does she really need?

I think cammy players who complain about her aren't aggressive players at heart. A cammy player needs that "go in" and "just do it" mentality. Cammy is all about keeping her momentum going and putting your opponent on tilt, if you can't get there, she's going to seem like a terrible character.

Farewell

Is it just me or are many people there with second accounts, i mean a necalli with 3000 points with every combo on point and not one drop is a bit suspicious. Also nice footsie game and ALWAYS punish my birdie moves.

Are people with about 3000 points really that good or is the game just too easy?

Or i'm just trash.

Is it just me or are many people there with second accounts, i mean a necalli with 3000 points with every combo on point and not one drop is a bit suspicious. Also nice footsie game and ALWAYS punish my birdie moves.

Are people with about 3000 points really that good or is the game just too easy?

what about the third option: you trash!

/s

Spman2099

Or i'm just trash.

Maybe he just plays really cleanly. Clean play looks dominant when people aren't able to open them up.

Farewell

Some people just don't play ranked often, doesn't have to be a smurf.

huh, I mean 3000lp is a lot IMO, I would except a 3000lp player to punish unsafe stuff properly

maybe thats just me

Maybe he just plays really cleanly. Clean play looks dominant when people aren't able to open them up.

Yea maybe you're right. I will practice more.
I also never watch my replays, will do that from now on for sure.

Kashiwaba

Or i'm just trash.
I used to be super gold i left the game for 3 weeks then came back and started playing again now I'm struggling with super silver players.

I think a problem with Nash is that his super is just too good and too easy to combo into. Pretty much every single Nash I play saves their bar for super.

And the shitty part about that is, his EX moves are some of the coolest and most useful in the game. And they also lead to some of the coolest combos in the game too, so it's a shame he gets his damage 90% more from supers than those.

I'd really like to see his super/EX balance more fine tuned. Whether that means making his super worse, or adjusting his standard specials so that they're not as good without EX, I dunno. It's not an OP problem or anything, but it would be nice and I legit think it would make the character more fun. Whenever I was playing him I always wanted to go for stylish combos that do good damage, but not enough to really warrant spending v-trigger/bar really. But the combos are so cool! EX Sonic Scythe is like the most satisfying combo move ever.

His EX moves are pretty situational, though. You only really need EX Scythe against characters with unusually good jump in options like Ken or when you can't afford to take a trade. His EX hit throw is good but there's not a lot of convincing reasons to use it other than getting rid of back rolls. Not many people know how to use EX Sonic Booms the way infiltration does, and EX jaguar kick is pretty much only for crush counter confirms. As far as combos go, using ex meter for combos doesn't really get you anywhere. EX scythe is actually a worse ender than HK scythe because you don't get enough frame advantage on the knockdown to do a meaty setup. Pretty much the only time I consider using EX meter in a combo outside of crush counters is when I have v-trigger and I'm trying to kill my opponent with that combo.

Combined with the fact that he builds a lot of meter because he uses so many specials in the neutral, it's pretty easy to build super every round. I don't know why people say his super is too easy to combo into, that's like saying low forward xx fireball xx super is too easy. Basically every character that has a regular hit super has a way to combo into it that's pretty easy. Just a weird complaint. I've seen complaints that it does too much damage but 340 is in line with most of the cast. Most supers do 330-350. I've seen people complain because it anti airs, but again, a lot of characters can anti air with theirs. It's also one of his more difficult anti airs to use, it's super awkward due to the forward movement and low to the ground hitbox.

I don't know why anybody would pick nash because they want to do stylish combos. He's dhalsim. Retuning him to focus on thowing out EX meter in combos would be a complete misunderstanding of his character archetype.

Farewell

I used to be super gold i left the game for 3 weeks then came back and started playing again now I'm struggling with super silver players.

Yes that sucks dude. I'm always practicing all my combos 1 hour in training mode everyday before i jump into ranked matches and ultra silvers still kicking my ass. At 3500 right now, yesterday at 2000. I was always playing in battle lounges because of rage quitters, i just started going into ranked again.

But still love this game, needed a break from team depending games like overwatch.

Is anyone watching this ESL tournament? I didn't know LPN was using Alex. That was a dominant match. It seems like a lot of big players aren't going to make it out of pools...

For those who aren't aware of it...

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...go-nuckledu-xian-li-joe-ricki-ortiz-and-more/

Thanks.

- J - D -

4th time in a week that the game has frozen during a loading screen. I wonder if my PS4 is dying or it's the game.

Nothing. She's perfect. I would like to make her spin knuckle a special and give her a new vskill.

"She's perfect, but let me recommend a new vskill."

Skilletor

"She's perfect, but let me recommend a new vskill."

Well, yeah, she doesn't need it. Her vskill is decent. It's a personal thing that I've mentioned before. I don't like that they just gave her an existing move for her vskill. That doesn't mean she needs something else.

But people that continue to say she isn't good just sound silly at this point.

The problem is that people can't differentiate between them sucking with a character and the character being legitimately bad.

If you give me Cammy, I'll make her look like the worst character in the game but that's not the character's fault.

Edzi

Wow, straight sweep in the second set all because you incorporated tick throws. I really need to figure out how to deal with those.

Sayad

Or i'm just trash.
Some people just play in battle lounge more. Points really doesn't mean much, also, Necalli's bnbs, confirms, mix- ups, gimmicks and punishes are some of the easiest in the game.

Kashiwaba

The gods of SFV were smiling upon me today i had to 15 win streak until a gold Ryu (as usual) broke it just now lol i guess i figured what i was doing wrong i was focusing on doing combos too much and neglecting the basics.

- J - D -

Well, yeah, she doesn't need it. Her vskill is decent. It's a personal thing that I've mentioned before. I don't like that they just gave her an existing move for her vskill. That doesn't mean she needs something else.

But people that continue to say she isn't good just sound silly at this point.

In that regard I kinda agree. Get creative, don't just repurpose old moves. But I can't imagine what her vskill would be otherwise. Knuckle being vskill makes sense and makes that old move actually viable now. She's good as is.

CD'S BAR

it's possible to add someone to your favorites from pc if you're on ps4 and vice versa, right? can't seem to find my pc friend in the search.

Beat survival normal with Alex (overcoming the obligatory "low health" purchase for final match odds) and I swear the payout for this difficulty used to be better than what I got having done it twice prior, oh well earning a nice bundle of FM by prodding a CPU opponent into the side street restaurant almost makes up for it.

Top Bottom