• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

ElFly

They shouldn't add Guy. My two-year-old calls Ryu Guy and I don't want her to get confused. "Pick Guy, Daddy"

what does she call the rest of the cast

360 type movements always felt shitty and imprecise to me and way harder than half circles.

half circles are a hassle. you gotta let go of the stick and go to the starting position (forwards or backwards) and then rotate to a precise standpoint

they are manageable, but make grabbing with them a slight hassle

double half circles are terrible. I always end jumping doing them because ???

my execution may be terrible tbh, which is why I stick to Zangief. much easier to play

JeTmAn81

what does she call the rest of the cast

She recognizes more MVC characters because superheroes. Hulk, Iron Man, etc. In SF she really just knows Ryu and Blanka. She calls Blanka "monster". Accurate.

She tends to get the 3DS when sitting on the potty sometimes so she'll play SF4 on that. She really likes it. It's got touch controls so I can tell her which number to push to get a fireball or an Ultra.

Numb

Kyle is canon and on the goddamned capcom Shadowloo Database

Capcom for the love all that is holy put him in the game. I want the streetwise dupsterfire legacy to go on

Did you just call Streetwise a dumpster fire?
It is max a small burning pile

Actually he's told me that he believes Fang does well in that MU.

That was in Season 1 though.

Dieminion must have some weird ass tech that I'm not familiar with cause that matchup is wholly in favour of Necalli.

Didn't they just revert him to S1 with the small s2 buffs he got?
Pretty much, yes.

The only real new buff in S2.5 his making his st.hp a 7-framer, but they reduced the hitbox on it to compensate so you can't frametrap from as large a distance as you might have been able to in S2. Haven't checked it out myself.

With the collection of the buffs from S2 and the reverting of the nerfs, he now gets more damage from situations like regular cowards crouch on hit.
I still don't know the names of Fangs attacks so who knows tbh
Just refer to them as trap, upballs, sleeves and command dash.

Skilletor

I'm not comfortable with Ed's premium costume now that i've gotten the chance to use it ingame. He feels more naked than Zangief.

Did you just learn something about yourself?

aBWVo4u.gif

Guys, I'm at work. I can't just be bursting out laughing like this.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
How are the load times on PS4 after the patch?

JusDoIt

Proof that Laura players were tier whores.

I mained her in season one, I mained her in season two, and I'm maining her still. I'm pretty sure most Lauras are the same. She's been all over the tier charts, down and up, but she's gonna stay making people mad because her game plan stays the same: bully her way inside and rob you right when you're about to win.

If Zeku does end up as DLC this season then I'm pretty confident we'll get Guy as DLC too.

I am using the same logic with Rose but Im not confident about it. Hopefully Menat will have her style.

Also are we sure Abigail is the gorilla? I dont know much about final fight but would him being a gorilla be a retcon or some strange expirment? His fight card list him as liking bananas.

Neoxon

That moment when you realize that Menat is voiced by Futaba in English.

I am using the same logic with Rose but Im not confident about it. Hopefully Menat will have her style.

Also are we sure Abigail is the gorilla? I dont know much about final fight but would him being a gorilla be a retcon or some strange expirment? His fight card list him as liking bananas.
Nah, Abigail isn't the gorilla. It doesn't match the silhouette.

lol

Practically nothing changed. She's still crazy as shit, she just can't have a +1 elbow to continue her crazy shit anymore. Even though she's still +15 on a quick rise after those situations, so she can set up a bunch of other things.
Yeah, I'm confused, I only play Laura enough to understand how to defend against her, but nothing seems drastically changed at all besides that cheesy +1 elbow loop. I'm still thinking of learning her to just frustrate people lol. She's f'n crazy!

Also, not sure Ryu will move up tier wise, but I really like him. Ax kick feels good, buttons feel solid, just don't know how to continue pressure with him yet after KD's.

Congrats on Master Rank btw Flux! You grinded it out my boy!!! Proud of you...

MCD250

Krone is an undeniably talented player, but I don't get the complaints. I seem to remember him complaining about the S2 changes for Laura back when they were announced, as well. I think maybe he just doesn't like dealing with change.

Krone is an undeniably talented player, but I don't get the complaints. I seem to remember him complaining about the S2 changes for Laura back when they were announced, as well. I think maybe he just doesn't like dealing with change.

these nerfs were uncalled for tho

these nerfs were uncalled for tho
says the Laura player?? Hmmm...

Not judging, I don't know enough of her frame data etc..to have an informed opinion, but her comebacks did often look pretty crazy, and that elbow pressure was extra derp IMO. You have to admit you are coming from a biased perspective. Also, everything now is basically previous knowledge, I would say it takes a good month against most of the cast to see how much weaker she really is. She doesn't seem all that nerfed to me.

says the Laura player?? Hmmm...

Not judging, I don't know enough of her frame data etc..to have an informed opinion, but her comebacks did often look pretty crazy, and that elbow pressure was extra derp IMO. You have to admit you are coming from a biased perspective. Also, everything now is basically previous knowledge, I would say it takes a good month against most of the cast to see how much weaker she really is. She doesn't seem all that nerfed to me.

she needed it

jett

D-Member
Played some matches in the early morning.

I don't see any difference with this new CFN. Will the days of 12-hour maintenance downtime be over though?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I would love to know what changed on their end. Just if they're using a different server host or change other parts of the online infrastructur or whatever.

Top Bottom