• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

ArjanN

Have to ask. Is typing caliber, instead of Calibur an autocorrect thing? Or do people think it is spelled that way?

Seen people spell it that way too often.

It's because people think of the word calibre/caliber, and don't realize SoulCalibur is a portmanteau of Soul and Excalibur.

Morphis

I'm liking it thus far, been getting matches pretty fast. Seems somewhat faster than before.

Also happy that I haven't done Gief's counter by accident yet, with some of the reactions to the beta I was afraid that would happen.

Anyone got tips about Gief trial 6? Cyclone Lariat > cr. lk > cr. lp > Cyclone Lariat > Headbutt. I don't get how the first CL is supposed to combo into the cr. lk?

ArjanN

The silhouette is humanoid, it's got gigantic human arms and a hyper-muscular frame. (Also, per the leak, it's Abigail.)

The Gorilla and the rest of Ed's crew are clearly an S3/4 tease.

Abigail's classic design kinda sucks though, so I hope they really did turn him into a gorilla. :p

Name: Abigail
Height: 244cm
Weight: 265kg
Bloodtype: AB
Birthdate: October 16
Birthplace: Canada
Dislikes: Rust

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Abigail's classic design kinda sucks though, so I hope they really did turn him into a gorilla. :p

Name: Abigail
Height: 244cm
Weight: 265kg
Bloodtype: AB
Birthdate: October 16
Birthplace: Canada
Dislikes: Rust
"Occasionally, a silverback of over 1.8 m (5 ft 11 in) and 230 kg (510 lb) has been recorded in the wild. Obese gorillas in captivity can weigh as much as 270 kg (600 lb)."

Hmm

joe2187

Banned
They really need to fix this. It is the single animation blight in this game. All the other moves in the game complement the characters well, but this looks like it was crudely drawn on a whiteboard and thrown at the last possible second.

Slow it down to 0.25 and you can see that

- Her model is completely stiff and has no animation on grab
- The opponent model still has frames of animation during the grab
- She doesnt even touch or even clip through the other character during the grab.
- It's literally just a still frame pose rotated and dropped.
- Only when she's on the ground has new animations

JusDoIt

I am done if Capcom adds a fucking Gorilla to the SF Universe.

latest

Skilletor

Spoil it for me because I have to know, but are they on good terms? I want them to be buddies forever.

Ed: If we stay together, you're going to get hurt.
Balrog: You're just a kid, chump.
Ed: I'm not a chump, kid.
Balrog: WELL LET'S FIGHT ABOUT IT!

They fight.

Ed walks away, sad that it has come to this, but in his mind he is thinking, "I DID IT FOR YOU, DAD!"

And 'Rog watches, hoping the little kid does alright for himself.

Dialogue may have been made up by me.

febLey

I want to get into Street Fighter, now is the question should I get the physical version without the Season Passes for 24€, the digital version with Season Pass 1 for 40€ or the the digital 2017 Deluxe Edition with Season 1 + 2 for 60€?

Lulubop

They fight.

Ed walks away, sad that it has come to this, but in his mind he is thinking, "I DID IT FOR YOU, DAD!"

Rog was pretty upset and a little sad too

Edzi

They fight.

:')

Rog redeemed. I foresee him taking a bullet for Ed in the inevitable S2 cinematic story.

Does anyone know how much FM you get by completing all of Eds trials, demonstration, story and easy survival?

Wondering if I have just enough FM to buy Ed and then get enough FM from his stuff to get the Vega stage...

Currently have 133500 FM

Pompadour

Does anyone know how much FM you get by completing all of Eds trials, demonstration, story and easy survival?

Wondering if I have just enough FM to buy Ed and then get enough FM from his stuff to get the Vega stage...

Currently have 133500 FM

I can't say for sure but you should be fine with that 33500 remaining. I think you get something like 50k for doing all that. Stage is 70k.

Plus there's the 50k FM payout just for logging in if you haven't yet.

Shadoken

If he's a run/stop ninja, Guy just got less likely.

You got a point. But I really doubt they would add another Bushin Ninja just to have him play like Guy. I am expecting a Nash/Guile kinda scenario. Where Guy plays his traditional style and Zeku is a different take on the character.

I really hope Zeku has a more interesting comeback story than fking Gouken , something like joining the illuminati or something. We need more heel turns.

If he's a run/stop ninja, Guy just got less likely.

I doubt that they'll make any of the new characters play much like the old characters.
Remember that SFIV Gouken didn't play much like Ryu or Ken, and they've also gone pretty far to shake up the old characters in SFV.

So I would personally not worry about this guy making Guy less likely, if he is in.

Pompadour

I noticed that the pole girl in Ed's crew also sports emo bangs. I'd be 100% on board with those bangs if everyone in Neo Shadoloo had them, specifically the gorilla.

Feel like Ed's little story mode is the best one so far, really curious about his new crew at the end. I hope the fortune teller is one of the new characters this season & she has a good moveset, I like her design.

Blueblur1

Feel like Ed's little story mode is the best one so far, really curious about his new crew at the end. I hope the fortune teller is one of the new characters this season & she has a good moveset, I like her design.

I'd say its the best one. Clearly defined beginning, middle and end with a some kind of character progression. Its a shame the art is still ass. Its probably safe to assume that Bengus did all the art at once. Hopefully Season 3 brings better art (or Season 4 if Bengus already made the Season 3 art).

Blueblur1

I think it was HiFightTH that tweeted about this first but its also on r/SF. New music on Capcom JP's SFV site. Sounds like its for a new CPT arena stage.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/

I imagine we're going to get the stage in June just ahead of EVO (just like last year).

Anyone got tips about Gief trial 6? Cyclone Lariat > cr. lk > cr. lp > Cyclone Lariat > Headbutt. I don't get how the first CL is supposed to combo into the cr. lk?

I think that's the one where the first bit doesn't need to combo, you can just pop vtrigger and do the combo.

Top Bottom