• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streetwear |OT| Built Exclusively with Supreme Bricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Wow that jacket is tough 👌🏼 Thanks. I'm looking for something cheaper but I might have to spend a little more because that jacket is dope

no prob! alpha industries are so legit, best bombers out there imo. definitely worth the money. the might be a bit cheaper on amazon, too. check if they have your size.

I can't believe people actually paid $30+ for a brick that said supreme. Also personally I think Yeezy clothes look awful and the shoes merely look, "ok". Old head mindset though just getting older with this stuff.

Perfect thread for me right now. Can anyone suggest a bomber jacket on the cheaper side for me?

alpha industries is really good ofc but if you want to go real cheap i recently bought this and for the price i can't complain at all, its warm and it gets the job done with a dodgy zipper.
also if you're worried about aliexpress, don't be, i trust ali more than ebay tbh

NandoGip

alpha industries is really good ofc but if you want to go real cheap i recently bought this and for the price i can't complain at all, its warm and it gets the job done with a dodgy zipper.
also if you're worried about aliexpress, don't be, i trust ali more than ebay tbh

That's fire, gonna cop. How long did the shipping take?

Also something relevant to this streetwrar hypebeast culture. I recently tried to cop the 350 v2 for my first yeezys. I had no idea the market was dominated by bots and hackers. It's clear adidas is in on it and I see potential litigation for the abuse of supply and demand in their favor

That's fire, gonna cop. How long did the shipping take?

mmm from your name i wanna say australia or uk?
i'm in aus and it took about a 25 to 30 days from china to sydney with dodgy tracking but that was the free option

Also something relevant to this streetwrar hypebeast culture. I recently tried to cop the 350 v2 for my first yeezys. I had no idea the market was dominated by bots and hackers. It's clear adidas is in on it and I see potential litigation for the abuse of supply and demand in their favor
yeah they definitely know and it leads to situations like this shit right here
iJ67zAf.png

if you want to cop yeezys you're better off joining the bot race or camping out for a couple days outside your local boutique shoe store, make friends with the chinese exchange students in line while you're at it

NandoGip

mmm from your name i wanna say australia or uk?
i'm in aus and it took about a 25 to 30 days from china to sydney with dodgy tracking but that was the free option

yeah they definitely know and it leads to situations like this shit right here
iJ67zAf.png

if you want to cop yeezys you're better off joining the bot race or camping out for a couple days outside your local boutique shoe store, make friends with the chinese exchange students in line while you're at it

I'm US so I might pay for expedited if it would even make a diff cuz I need one ASAP lol.

But yeah with this yeezy shit it's ridiculous. Reps are dangerously good and I'm almost so jaded that I'm gonna buy fake shit to support the black market in an effort to make adidas and Kanye change their scammin ass ways

from an aesthetic point of view i still don't understand yeezys

you're not supposed to get it
yeah actually me neither most of it is hype but like i still have an involuntary reaction when i see someone wearing it in public like "fukk this guys shoes are mad af" even though i don't even think they look that good

kasane

i mean 950s and the freaking crepe boot are hot fire, even the air yeezy 2s as well.

Im not really into the 750s

Zekes!

from an aesthetic point of view i still don't understand yeezys

I've burned out on the Yeezys and other similar sneakers if we're being real. On that same note, I've burned out on a lot of streetwear related things.

I don't fuck with the manufactured and controlled release of limited quantities of 'hype' pieces. Streetwear to me right now is a bunch of ain't shit boys (and girls) who ape whatever popular look they see on instagram without having any sense of individuality.

NandoGip

I've burned out on the Yeezys and other similar sneakers if we're being real. On that same note, I've burned out on a lot of streetwear related things.

I don't fuck with the manufactured and controlled release of limited quantities of 'hype' pieces. Streetwear to me right now is a bunch of ain't shit boys (and girls) who ape whatever popular look they see on instagram without having any sense of individuality.

True but also some has legitimate forward thinking uses of cuts and repurposing of old fashion. It's a big clusterfuck and it's super obvious when someone rides the wave because they get it or because they're just trying to be cool. To me supreme is the ultimate hypebeast brand I truly have no desire forit because it comes across as so try hard due to the culture around it.

the appeal to me is that sometimes streetwead style clothing is kind of a punk version of hiphop influenced clothing

Zekes!

True but also some has legitimate forward thinking uses of cuts and repurposing of old fashion. It's a big clusterfuck and it's super obvious when someone rides the wave because they get it or because they're just trying to be cool. To me supreme is the ultimate hypebeast brand I truly have no desire forit because it comes across as so try hard due to the culture around it.

the appeal to me is that sometimes streetwead style clothing is kind of a punk version of hiphop influenced clothing

Yeah, don't get me wrong, streetwear is still my biggest fashion influence, but I'm definitely tired of seeing all these hypebeast clones.

I know for sneakers I don't even bother with the limited releases. I just buy shit that I think is dope and is readily available.

I've also been moving into a more practical wardrobe. My field of work is with kids and families, so I've been trying to find a balance in dressing how I want to, while also dressing appropriate for my work environment.

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah, don't get me wrong, streetwear is still my biggest fashion influence, but I'm definitely tired of seeing all these hypebeast clones.

I know for sneakers I don't even bother with the limited releases. I just buy shit that I think is dope and is readily available.

I've also been moving into a more practical wardrobe. My field of work is with kids and families, so I've been trying to find a balance in dressing how I want to, while also dressing appropriate for my work environment.

but if "pyrex" is printed across your crotch you're helping kids learn to read without straining their necks

FStop7

Banned
I like the 350 V1 and the 750. I'd like the 350 V2 more without the stripe.

Everyone will keep iterating bombers forever.

Zekes!

but if "pyrex" is printed across your crotch you're helping kids learn to read without straining their necks

do people still rock Pyrex? ain't it Off-White now?

Shit, the kids I work with are late to the party on everything, they probably would rock Pyrex. They think the Rickroll is topical humour. They also just discovered vapourwave

Any recommendations for a winter/rain jacket? Have been considering going for a Patagonia down jacket but keen to know if there are some better options that people would recommend.

soultron

Banned
Any recommendations for a winter/rain jacket? Have been considering going for a Patagonia down jacket but keen to know if there are some better options that people would recommend.
Really depends on what styles you're into since that can be a huge, varied category.

Patagonia is different from Arcteryx and incredibly different from something like ACRONYM or Stone Island Shadow Project, for example.

Giving an image of something you like is a way better avenue to good recommendations.

Really depends on what styles you're into since that can be a huge, varied category.

Patagonia is different from Arcteryx and incredibly different from something like ACRONYM or Stone Island Shadow Project, for example.

Giving an image of something you like is a way better avenue to good recommendations.
ACRONYM and Stone Island are way too expensive. Otherwise I would have copped one of the Stone Island x Nike windrunners last month. My budget is around £150.

entremet

I enjoy streetwear as an observer, but I'm just way too old for it (35)

I still with classics--henleys, chinos, so on.

acohrs

You're not too old! The cool thing about streetwear is you can go in as hard as you want or as little as you want. I wear the same tshirts and hoodies that I wore when I wasn't trying, the only difference now is I will throw some joggers on with a flannel shirt or get slightly bigger tees than normal (actually works out great as I can hide the lil gut that I've been growing since the end of uni...). Definitely a funner subculture to be a part of than the last one I was in ten years ago!

There are multiple levels of steetwear. I feel like you can get away with it without as someone mentioned in this thread, "looking like a teen".

Anth0ny

There are multiple levels of steetwear. I feel like you can get away with it without as someone mentioned in this thread, "looking like a teen".

yup, just look at the OP. I feel like you can pull off Mr. Korean pop star's style at pretty much any age, while it might be a little tougher to pull off, say, Mr. Cobain's style :p

f0nz0

I used to be into "streetwear" before Hypebeasts started calling Hypebeasts, Hypebeasts..

My brands of choice at the time, (I need to sell this stuff)

Recon
Supreme
Vans syndicate line
Stussy
Retail yakuza

I'm 37 now and shop at Target.

cyborg009

Banned
Looking around prices online is it pretty much guarantees I'm going to drop at least $100 on a single peace of clothing//

Anth0ny

Anth0ny, hook a fellow Canadian up with the affordable Canadian places to shop breh

affordable eh?

what exactly are you looking for? probably the most affordable would be H&M or Zara for like shirts/pants/outerwear. both are at Yorkdale. I'd walk around that entire mall, they have some good stuff.

urban outfitters is good too, but it's downtown Toronto.

Zekes!

Finally got my hands on some Raised by Wolves stuff today. Been trying to cop one of their hats and hoodies for a while now.

Raised by Wolves changed the cut of t-shirts a few seasons ago and I hate it. Too damn short and boxy now. At least the smalls are. I was super stoked for their Akira tee and it's just a bad fit. I still wear it tho. Maybe I should cop some mediums now

ACRONYM and Stone Island are way too expensive. Otherwise I would have copped one of the Stone Island x Nike windrunners last month. My budget is around £150.

Decided to save up some money for that Reigning Champ parka. I really like it and keep eyeing it up. I don't really have the money though...

soultron

Banned
Not sure if that's the same Carhartt WIP pullover I own, but if it is, it will be good for fall but not winter. It's thick but not enough to keep you warm if it goes below 0.

I live in Canada though, so you might have a different experience where you are.

Banglish

Looking around prices online is it pretty much guarantees I'm going to drop at least $100 on a single peace of clothing//

I buy stuff from Nordstrom and Marshalls and find good stuff.
Back in highschool I would drop 90-120 on a hoodie or pair of pants but there are so many wholesale retailers to pick and choose from I can't even fathom it now. I can buy levi's, dkny, guess pants for 40 bucks. Never spending that much on a single piece of clothing again till I have more cash flow.
Checkout plndr.com

FStop7

Banned
I use Grailed a lot. Everything's been fine so far, I only buy from sellers that are established. There are some killer deals to be found.

cyborg009

Banned
I buy stuff from Nordstrom and Marshalls and find good stuff.
Back in highschool I would drop 90-120 on a hoodie or pair of pants but there are so many wholesale retailers to pick and choose from I can't even fathom it now. I can buy levi's, dkny, guess pants for 40 bucks. Never spending that much on a single piece of clothing again till I have more cash flow.
Checkout plndr.com

Good thing I have a marshalls near me I have go check it out soon. And after checking that site I really like their pants selection but the shirts were meh.

And yea I use to do that in high school too ugh..

Zekes!

I use Grailed a lot. Everything's been fine so far, I only buy from sellers that are established. There are some killer deals to be found.

If I had more disposable income I would be using Grailed a lot more. I've bought one thing off there so far, an OAK cotton bomber, and it didn't fit. Was only $80, but ended up just donating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom