• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 19

Oh man oh man. Rei keeping secrets! Not like Ami or Makoto are morally better. Oh well, Makoto found someone to give her muffler to, which made Motoki happy that he's not losing to his pet turtle. Think this is the start of the pairing here, which actually got some light in the manga, vs her losing because Motoki has a girlfriend already in the anime (because Toei hates green Mahous).

A little girl is also competing with Mamoru's fiance loool, Hina is styling and profiling, but the little girl's better than Usagi at least. Tuxedo RAMASAMA meets again, and Sailor Moon gives him chocolate... AND HE ACTIVELY TELLS HER TO NOT GIVE UP. HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA OH MAN OOOOOH MAAAAN!

And Minako gets caught.

Next episode is where Hitokage wants me to be at apparently.

cnet128

Banned
You can pretend the shota is a trap.

Ehhhhh, Carl is definitely no trap. (He's still great, though.)

Free! 9

Swimming swimming festival festival antics antics emotions.

Rei steals the show this episode with his fabulous spying antics. Though it was nice to hear Haru
voice his revelation that he (shock) enjoyed swimming relay with everyone, and so has finally found something worth swimming for besides his water fetish

cajunator

Banned
I'll have to look when I'm not at work. XD

Thank of the 5%!

Place holder for TV/Web broadcast no doubt. On BD it's all fair game.

Oh yeah. Im sure the SFW stuff was just to sell more BDs.

Fall noitaminA is going to be fun. Both shows start on 10/10, first PV should be out on 9/19 when this season of noitaminA ends. They updated the sites with new key visuals, staff/cast info, and character designs.

Galileidonna

http://www.galileidonna.tv/

They story takes place in 2061 when global warming has taken its toll on the Earth and the start of a new Ice Age is spreading across the world. The three sisters are descendants of Galileo Galilei living in Italy, when they get attacked by a mysterious organization. The attack results in them being placed on the international most wanted list. The organization is after something known as the "Galileo Tezoro" and the sisters have to figure out what it is and why they want it while fighting off various different pursuers. This is battle action adventure story!

Interesting new staff of note: The scriptwriters are Hideyuki Kurata, Touko Machida, Jun Kumagai, and Atsushi Oka. THe music is composed by Shiro Hamaguchi.

---

Samurai Flamenco

http://www.samumenco.com/

No new story details, but the lead characters are voiced by Toshiki Masuda and Tomokazu Sugita. The OP is by Spyair, while the ED is by the fictional idol group Mineral Miracle Muse from the show, played by Haruka Tomatsu, M.A.O., and Erii Yamazaki.

This looks promising and I wont even hold Sword Art Online against it.

Danganronpa 10

Meh, I don't even care any more. This episode wasn't too awful I guess.
keep up the good work ...
I admire your courage , watching this after playing the game...

Ehhhhh, Carl is definitely no trap. (He's still great, though.)
Carl is clear not for the trap crowd , but for the shota crowd .. the fact that he spend most of his time saying "nee-san" every chance he gets is yet another clue...
Litchi or makoto molesting him is also another notsosubtle hint.

I think I've just gotten used to how lazy the Danganronpa adaptation is, luckily Genocider gets a decent amount of screen time.

Carl is clear not for the trap crowd , but for the shota crowd .. the fact that he spend most of his time saying "nee-san" every chance he gets is yet another clue...
Litchi or makoto molesting him is also another notsosubtle hint.

/ss/? Interesting.

Fall noitaminA is going to be fun. Both shows start on 10/10, first PV should be out on 9/19 when this season of noitaminA ends. They updated the sites with new key visuals, staff/cast info, and character designs.

Hype, hype. All kinds of hype for both of them.

my44035nghytkgwscw0k4f9s1r.jpg

my43993ndjytentswbrkhkrsdb.jpg

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-18480.html

Time for Madoka!

Some of the stuff is pretty confusing.

Finalow

Evagenlion 1/2/3.0

first 2 were ok, 3.0 was like *what the fuck did I just watch*. and lol, those chins.
I'm also glad to have seen those pictures in the spoiler thread.

Panty & Stocking 1-6
loving this show. I also learnt some new words, thanks Panty.

cajunator

Banned
Evagenlion 1/2/3.0

first 2 were ok, 3.0 was like *what the fuck did I just watch*. and lol, those chins.
I'm also glad to have seen those pictures in the spoiler thread.

Panty & Stocking 1-6

loving this show. I also learnt some new words, thanks Panty.

Its all about Stocking, man.

Wolf's Rain 12

The action scene was really well choreographed and animated, so it's not a surprise to see Masahiro Ando directed this episode.

Keiko Nobumoto's strong writing ability once again shines. Sato's script for episode 11 had rather blatant expository segments which didn't entirely make sense from a character perspective -
Cher even asked Darcia, "Should you really be telling me this?", which amused me
- but Nobumoto's script is entirely natural. Blue's past was revealed through peeks into her mind and the mind of her former master, and ruminations on how that past has shaped them into who they are in a setting where it was natural for both of them to do so.
Looking forward to Blue traveling with the rest of the pack. Got to have some female representation now that Cheza is gone!

cajunator

Banned
hype hype hype hype hype hypypypypypyp-

tumblr_m9nlaaulM91qgfmalo1_500.gif

MAJOR MADOKA SPOILERS BELOW.

What the hell is going on in those pics? Why is Madoka and Sayaka with Kyoko in their school uniforms? Why is Sayaka alive at all? Is this another timeline? I thought this was supposed to continue the story! Are they in a multidimensional labyrinth or something?

It would have to be that way. But the way Madoka Magica went, it makes that entirely possible.

It would have to be that way. But the way Madoka Magica went, it makes that entirely possible.

DON'T READ SYRINX.

I swear I can see this series going down the path of Gurren Lagann.
There's gonna be a scene where Homura and the others are trapped in some crazy place by the enemy where they live in alternate realities then Godoka shows up and tells her to pick the Madoka she wants, and she gets newfound confidence and they all go badass.

I mean, this movie is called The Rebellion story for crying out loud.

Syrinx

Maid-Sama 2

So, like, am I supposed to think that Misaki is a hard-ass, overly uptight Nazi or something? Cause it seems like most of the stuff she does is justified. Like, every time the guys open their mouth or do something, it's incredibly fucking stupid.

And this Usui guy is creeping me the fuck out. Talking about how much he enjoys his secret and how she's all his...damn, I wouldn't want this dude within 500 feet of me.

None of this looks to change any time soon, so I think I'm dropping this. Why I just spent 20 minutes watching this instead of Gurren Lagann, I don't know.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Maid-Sama 2

So, like, am I supposed to think that Misaki is a hard-ass, overly uptight Nazi or something? Cause it seems like most of the stuff she does is justified. Like, every time the guys open their mouth or do something, it's incredibly fucking stupid.

And this Usui guy is creeping me the fuck out. Talking about how much he enjoys his secret and how she's all his...damn, I wouldn't want this dude within 500 feet of me.

None of this looks to change any time soon, so I think I'm dropping this. Why I just spent 20 minutes watching this instead of Gurren Lagann, I don't know.

This show is total creep shit. There is borderline rape, a lot of it is pretty gross. Some specific scenes come to mind. Usui isn't even close to being the worst offender.

Jintor

Question: has Madoka advertising from the first 'surprise' season onwards ever attempted to hide its true nature? Or does everyone know straight-up what it is, or rather, precisely how far it goes?

Also IRL shaft head-tilt is terrifying

Toriko Episode 116 The Four Kings' Toughest Predicament! Komatsu's Resolve!

I think the scale is too large but they are managing well. Was a bit shocked
that Livebearer came back, wow

Question: has Madoka advertising from the first 'surprise' season onwards ever attempted to hide its true nature? Or does everyone know straight-up what it is, or rather, precisely how far it goes?

I don't remember that there was much stuff before the first episode outside of teasers and interviews.

And Madoka never really hide it's true nature - just look at the first scene of the first episode.

cnet128

Banned
Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku 8

Why am I suddenly scared to feel the top of my own head?

also, the proud tradition of in-universe ED-changing events continues!

Is the show popular for Anime-Gaf? I thought it was just a few of us who likes it.

I thought it was popular and appealed to non traditional participates of seasonal anime discussion cirles.

I just hope the thread wouldnt be ruined by adamant manga readers...like all the other adaptations have seemed to turn out as of late :/

Jintor

I don't remember that there was much stuff before the first episode outside of teasers and interviews.

And Madoka never really hide it's true nature - just look at the first scene of the first episode.

Madoka is disquieting from the get-go, sure, but there's not a lot of indication of the extent to which they push things.

cajunator

Banned
Madoka is disquieting from the get-go, sure, but there's not a lot of indication of the extent to which they push things.

True, and thats why they tried so hard to hide the fact that Butch Gen was behind it.
But to no avail. People were onto his ploy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom