• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nudull

Banned
Looking down the list in the OP, there a few interesting shows that I may be into, like:

Danganronpa
Free!
Silver Spoon
Gatchaman Crowds
Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C3-bu

Helps that most of them are starting up pretty soon, so I hope there's a gem or two for me.

Kino's Journey 6

First ever two-part arc in the show.
A very Hunger Games-esque society, where the haves watch the have-nots kill for their own amusement, and the latter group seeks to pull themselves out of their socio-economic status. It's interesting that even non-citizens are forced into the class system, and Kino was essentially tricked into it by a past acquaintance. Since there really hasn't been a fight since episode two, these ones have been pretty entertaining, what with Kino showing off her fighting prowess, as well as her avoidance of unnecessary bloodshed. It's pretty obvious who the quiet and mysterious man competing against Kino is, though I'm really interested in seeing them go toe to toe since he managed to outmaneuver even Kino's perfected gun-drawing technique. And if Kino wins, I'm curious what her proposed law would be. The abolishment of the system is certainly an obvious choice, but who knows, there might be a twist to it.

Ojamajo Doremi 23

Parents continue to be idiots, keeping magical goods to themselves, although I guess it's because they didn't have much of a heart to heart like Hadzuki did with her servent.

So this time we get an Ai chan episode and on her harmonica, and the memories behind it.

Her dad hit her before she ran away, woooow. And he called his mother an idiot when it came to who was going to buy the harmonica. Jeez dude. Needless to say, it gave me feels. This show

New wands get!

By the way, the "d" there isn't entirely necessary since it isn't said, but reflects how it is written.

Oh

Oh okay. Makes sense.

Having her on screen must be bad for my health. I keep thinking of how Tsubomi is adorable as a result and I might die from squees

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Giant Robo: The Animation: The Day My Penis The Earth Stood Still] 1
NkdtEMI.jpg
hgF3RRy.jpg

76pnQfo.jpg
uQj3pdV.jpg

eseNNsy.jpg
eYEGIRS.jpg
All dat gratuitous mechanical animation. And the mechas were only there for like ten minutes! The director seems to be very fond of low-angle shots, though.*

Didn't expect this to be more about spies/environmentalism and super hero action than giant robots punching each other. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.
Anime. Anime never changes.

Kagami

Also, do any of you guys in your twenties and up feel weird watching anime about teens now that you're as old as you are? Specifically shows about high school etc?

Nah not at all.
I like it because stories can be more about pure emotion than worrying about careers and taxes and childcare.
Also humans/animals are cuter and prettier when they're younger.

I'm a month older than the Famicom. Better?
And here I was thinking you were older than me.

Hattori

Banned
There is a new Love Plus game coming out for 3DS.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=611866

reminds me why I hate 3DS region locking...

----------------

the Laws of the Sun
I apologize in advance if I offend any Happies

~5 mins: what?!?

~15 mins: Cat people and Monster Hunters

~30 mins: EL CANTARRRRRREEEE!
MadP's tag finally makes sense to me

~1 hour: I don't even know what to say, but this is apparently a thing (spoiler?)

~1.5 hour: 2,500 years...how convenient.

~Conclusion:
facepalm_polar_bear__496558.jpg

Final thoughts: It's a very enjoyable movie just as long as you don't take it seriously and you enjoy watching Ancient Aliens.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I think this was related to Happy Science or something?
Granted, this is just a recommended order, but the Happy Science films go Laws of Eternity, Rebirth of Buddha, Golden Laws, Laws of the Sun, then Hermes.

Speaking of which, TWO WEEKS UNTIL THE MYSTICAL LAWS!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Remember the recommended watch order, everyone:

1. Laws of Eternity
2. Rebirth of Buddha
3. Golden Laws
4. Laws of the Sun
5. Hermes: Winds of Love

You lose a lot of humor if you watch Laws of the Sun first because you lose the sensation of getting deeper and deeper into the crazy with every film. Watch Eternity immediately, Hattori!

Hattori

Banned
Granted, this is just a recommended order, but the Happy Science films go Laws of Eternity, Rebirth of Buddha, Golden Laws, Laws of the Sun, then Hermes.

Speaking of which, TWO WEEKS UNTIL THE MYSTICAL LAWS!

oh I see I was going by chronological order...I guess I can watch the those 3 in order

Remember the recommended watch order, everyone:

1. Laws of Eternity
2. Rebirth of Buddha
3. Golden Laws
4. Laws of the Sun
5. Hermes: Winds of Love

You lose a lot of humor if you watch Laws of the Sun first because you lose the sensation of getting deeper and deeper into the crazy with every film. Watch Eternity immediately, Hattori!

http://users.aber.ac.uk/thn2/animelist.html

The list should be altered to reflect the recommended viewing order.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
http://users.aber.ac.uk/thn2/animelist.html

The list should be altered to reflect the recommended viewing order.

That list is in need of some edits anyway. We should probably clear up anything that's still vaguely marked "caveats" and YGO S0 needs pruned because everyone else ranged from ambivalence to hatred when they watched it :lol

We also seriously, seriously need to set up a night to finally tackle Touka Gettan and Soul Link.

So I'm gone for an hour and everyone seems to have Gurren Lagann glasses on, I find out I'm the youngest person on anime gaf, I have to hurry and watch Mushibugyou episode 13 because the plot got bigger, and a very disturbing Corpse Party preview. Kinda puts in perspective how much you can miss in a few hours on this thread, lol.

Narag

So I'm gone for an hour and everyone seems to have Gurren Lagann glasses on, I find out I'm the youngest person on anime gaf, I have to hurry and watch Mushibugyou episode 13 because the plot got bigger, and a very disturbing Corpse Party preview. Kinda puts in perspective how much you can miss in a few hours on this thread, lol.

It's a slow night for the thread at that.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Also, do any of you guys in your twenties and up feel weird watching anime about teens now that you're as old as you are? Specifically shows about high school etc?
Strangely, as I grow older I find myself watching more anime for children which tends to star children and not teenagers.
In before Shit Otaku Says.

jgminto

You're younger than me?

cajunator

Banned
Kino's Journey 6

First ever two-part arc in the show.
A very Hunger Games-esque society, where the haves watch the have-nots kill for their own amusement, and the latter group seeks to pull themselves out of their socio-economic status. It's interesting that even non-citizens are forced into the class system, and Kino was essentially tricked into it by a past acquaintance. Since there really hasn't been a fight since episode two, these ones have been pretty entertaining, what with Kino showing off her fighting prowess, as well as her avoidance of unnecessary bloodshed. It's pretty obvious who the quiet and mysterious man competing against Kino is, though I'm really interested in seeing them go toe to toe since he managed to outmaneuver even Kino's perfected gun-drawing technique. And if Kino wins, I'm curious what her proposed law would be. The abolishment of the system is certainly an obvious choice, but who knows, there might be a twist to it.

This episode is sooooo awesome. You will get your answers. Kino doesnt fuck around.
Soon youll get to one of my favorite episodes.

Oh

Oh okay. Makes sense.

Having her on screen must be bad for my health. I keep thinking of how Tsubomi is adorable as a result and I might die from squees

You cant die from squees. I would have been long gone.

Living here makes the high school shit all the more fascinating to me. Looking at my students then looking at the fictional versions of them.

Syrinx

Date a Live 8

Ah, the triple-booked date. Harder to pul l off than an elephant's cock (note: not an expert).

Kurumi is my favorite because she's so evil. Fantastically evil.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Not at all, then again I was never one who tried to limit themselves to shows that fit their age group. :lol

Ojamajo Doremi 24

And so we come to a close for a mid season climax against Majo Ruka, as well as a demonstration of their new powers, but it doesn't come without consequences.

Yes, let Pop see Plush chan and a fairy talking and moving, which causes her to get suspicious, and find out that Doremi and friends are witches. SMOOTH MOVE!

How will this affect out series from this point on!?

cajunator

Banned
Not really. It's not like I really connected at all to 'anime high school' even when I was in that age group.

Same. High school life for me was a little circle of friends and not much activity.
I sat in class and made origami bugs.

Can't be worse than this update today: http://shitotakusay.com/post/54454598691

That ones pretty good.

But you are the largest consumer of cute!

Well thats true. I have a bit of experience dealing with squee.

Date a Live 8

Ah, the triple-booked date. Harder to pul l off than an elephant's cock (note: not an expert).

Kurumi is my favorite because she's so evil. Fantastically evil.

You chose wisely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom