• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
It's worse when you're an extreme introvert and incapable of enjoying yourself in social situations that don't involve people with a very narrow selection of personality types, despite going through denial and having optimistic thoughts immediately followed by a thought saying "don't get your hopes up".

I definitely went through a phase like that. Dad has never been that supportive of things Im interested in and always, even to this day, has tried to tell me I fail at everything. What I did though was basically say "fuck your shit. This is me". Thats how I approach anything that tries to tear me down. Im stubborn and I try my hardest. If thats not good enough, its not.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Anime should be like in 1990

Much easier to keep track of

Releasing 200 Anime a year is just so stupid
RPG Densetsu Hepoi
OSRnHhf.jpg

Aya Hisakawa as Miiya Miiya
Interesting.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
well, that's a synopsis alright

It's such an RPG Fantasy OVA that it has RPG in the title. You'd be lucky for the content of the actual show to involve anything not in that synopsis considering that we're talking about the most creatively bankrupt anime genre.

cnet128

Banned
It's worse when you're an extreme introvert and incapable of enjoying yourself in social situations that don't involve people with a very narrow selection of personality types, despite going through denial and having optimistic thoughts immediately followed by a thought saying "don't get your hopes up".

Ugh stop describing my life.

(Actually that sounds like my teenage years. These days I just skip over the "denial" and "optimistic thoughts" part.)

It's such an RPG Fantasy OVA that it has RPG in the title. You'd be lucky for the content of the actual show to involve anything not in that synopsis considering that we're talking about the most creatively bankrupt anime genre.

Insert Kawahara Reki joke here.

fertygo

Well early 1990's is still different from the 90's together.

The 80's have a nice artstyle but the shows sucked. The OVA's are the interresting thing.

Votoms
Macross
all the good mecha stuff in 80's

and like you said 80's is OVA boom, plenty of company funding high budget OVA.
And financial collapse come, the OVA boom gone and industry got hit at that time.

Low anime count in 90 is the cause of that.

CMIIW for any of this.

fertygo

To be fair not all 90s were created equal. Early 90s >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> late 90s

That is false. SO FALSE.
Watch VOTOMS and repent.

Want. Will research a place to watch too.

I'll count Eva as late 90's product, so..
also have
Bebop
Utena
Big O

Refresh me about early 90's.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sometime between then and now, anime women lost their nips.

A tragedy.

Also I think I can blame old anime for my aversion to areoli.

cajunator

Banned
I just posted about it.

Thanks yall. Noticed it after Hito posted. I was too busy squeeing at the picture before to see what it was from.

Ugh stop describing my life.

(Actually that sounds like my teenage years. These days I just skip over the "denial" and "optimistic thoughts" part.)

Insert Kawahara Reki joke here.

I had no idea so many people went through this stuff. Probably more have than havent.

Theonik

new tits in anime are either too huge or they are just skinny lolis

But I dunno man. I still think Ranma had the best tits in Anime ever. The beginning of that second Ranma movie. Delicious
My greater issue with them is marshmallow tits and...

Sometime between then and now, anime women lost their nips.

A tragedy.

Also I think I blame old anime for my aversion to aereola.
A real tragedy!

Oniisama e, Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo OVA, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, old Jojo, Black Lion, Macross Plus.
Not to mention that much of late 90s content fell victim to early digital experimentation that has greatly hurt them in retrospect.
Not to mention some of the character designs that are much down to taste though.

+ the worst character designs known to man.
That's more of a late 90s thing than early 90s. Or was that what you meant to say?

Pooya

Attack on Titan - 10

words words words words screaming into my head. Now I remember why I dropped out. That Armin character development, man there is supposed to be some tension in a situation like this, right? why it looks like a comedy then?

Beginning of each episode, there is a short recap (which I found useful in my case) though these make the existence of a full recap episode unnecessary. It's not like much is happening in a single episode anyway.

/XX/

What I recognize:

Chibi Maruko-chan (because it's still running)
Samurai Pizza Cats
A Wind Named Amnesia
Mad Bull 34
Hakkenden
Dirty Pair: Flight 005 Conspiracy (the only thing on there I've watched)
Patlabor: The New Files
Here in Europe many would mention that new Moomin series ('Los Mumin' for the Spaniards). It didn't reach the U.S.A.?

Also, Brave Exkaizer because... ŌBARI POSE!

I definitely went through a phase like that. Dad has never been that supportive of things Im interested in and always, even to this day, has tried to tell me I fail at everything. What I did though was basically say "fuck your shit. This is me". Thats how I approach anything that tries to tear me down. Im stubborn and I try my hardest. If thats not good enough, its not.

This is definitely an approach I try to take, though I'm not always successful due to my introvertedness and conflict avoidance. I am better now than I was younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom