• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summoner 3 - Is it coming?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Summoner. Summer - The G-ddess Reborn. Surprisingly, two of my favorite RPGs this generation. I've got Summoner on the PS2 and its sequel on the GCN, and having just beaten Summoner 2 for the first time a couple of days ago (I've had the game for over a year, but stopped half way through) and just restarted Summoner 1 for the PS2 for the same purpose, and I can't help but realize that Volition seems to have faded from the forefront after releasing the Summoner and Red Faction sequels.

Any hope for a new Summoner game at all? I'm a huge fan of the characters, world, and mythology, and even like the gameplay in both games quite a bit. What are Volition working on now? Their website is more than useless.

Yeah, I think Volition is focused on The Punisher right now, but it'd always be cool to see Red Faction 3. Imagine the Geo-Mod engine on a next gen console...

Drek

Volition really had something with Summoner and Red Faction, unfortunately the sequels didn't build on them. Summoner 2 was pretty good but just didn't click with me like the first one did, Red Faction 2 was good as well but they neglected Geo-Mod far too much and it just didn't match up with the first in terms of atmosphere and enjoyment. Dual guns was a great feature however.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Volition had nothing with Summoner 1. That was a terrible, terrible game. And those loading times for battles? Hoooolllly shiiit! It made first-gen PS1 games feel cartridge based.

I avoid American Console RPGs like the plague, so I never played summoner, but that D&D session bonus video with the Red Faction guy and the minotaur was hysterical. It would be worth another game just for another video.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
That video was the best part of the whole deal. Didn't like the game at all, thought it was really lame, but the payoff video was great.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'm so happy I was able to provide everyone an opportune moment to vent their Summoner hate.

Top Bottom