• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive EDGE info blowout, with more coming tomorrow

Looks very promising. But I hope traversal gets more fluid and quicker with progression in the game.
I'm spoiled by Infamous in that regard.

quetz67

Banned
Finally Xbone fans have something to hype :D

Not appealing much to me luckily...maybe sour grapes.

Too bad they don't make Resistances any more, would probably even buy an XB1 for them.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Gameplay looks very colorful and varied, but allow me to echo sentiment about kinda wishing this wasn't another third-person shooter. It feels like Insomniac can't get away from that genre. The video honestly reminded me of a grown up version of Ratchet and Clank.

T.O.P

Banned
i89vmAdx7slz1.gif

iCKf4dtUTslfo.gif

ah i'm going to have to re-install jsr later tonight

throwing-money.gif

Fredrik

OMG the gameplay looks incredible! :eek:
Day whenever the game or XB1 launches in Sweden which ever comes first

Raw64life

It took about a year after it's official announcement but this is the first time I've looked at something involving Xbone and said to myself "I wish I had a Xbone so I could play this game".

Wow! That gameplay footage is impressive. Beautiful colour palette, great art, lovely animations. The traversal looks smooth and gameplay looks like a ton of fun!

Really blown away by this game and it's exactly what I wanted to see from Insomniac after the disappointing FUSE.

LowerLevel

Finally Xbone fans have something to hype :D

Not appealing much to me luckily...maybe sour grapes.

Too bad they don't make Resistances any more, would probably even buy an XB1 for them.

No offense, but I was hyped on Forza. It was the reason I bought the system at launch. It may not have been your cup of tea per se, but it sure is mine. Has been for years... But, to each their own.

ethomaz

Banned
Just couldn't say anything positive could you ....

it's going to be amazing, what the hell has it being a shooter got to do with anything?
WTF?

Everything is shooter today... that's boring... nothing about Insoniacs itself but about the industry.

Nev

Banned
Dead Rising + Infamous

From the look of it it seems like the kind of game you enjoy a lot during your first playtimes but get tired of it pretty fast, just like Dead Rising or Prototype. Multiplayer could change that though.

Visually it looks fantastic anyways. More games need colors.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Looks very promising. But I hope traversal gets more fluid and quicker with progression in the game.
I'm spoiled by Infamous in that regard.

Forget inFamous, I'm still waiting for another open-world brawler with movement as fun as Prototype. A little disappointed that they seem to be taking more cues from inFamous here to be honest.

EktorPR

Gameplay looks great! Loving the "swinging" animation whenever the character's hanging down cables. This is EXACTLY what I wanted from Insomniac, and I really hope they deliver a tight, polished package. My Xbox One will certainly appreciate it.

quetz67

Banned
No offense, but I was hyped on Forza. It was the reason I bought the system at launch. It may not have been your cup of tea per se, but it sure is mine. Has been for years... But, to each their own.

XB1 owners have had plenty of games to play already my friend.

All I meant was hyped after the launch titles are through. Launch lineup was fine and I know some of those games were hyped too. And I never complained about the general lineup, which just isn't my cup of tea (neither is the current PS4 lineup).

p3tran

Banned
just saw the game informer footage. in fact, I haven't even finished looking at the video yet,
and I just paused and dropped here to say this to J Stevenson:

looks great James, good job! please go say bravo to the team from me
also tell Ted to ask MS, Phil or whoever to give you guys some rare ip to do too. my 2c's :)

going back to watch videos now.

Pretty sure there is no population? They're all turned into monsters? Maybe I'm wrong.

We don't know circumstances tho, might be a part of the story.
You're right, but the second half of that gif has no one/thing around. Reminded me of the Inf:SS streets devoid of people.
Pasting a GIF won't make me change my taste. I didn't say it does not look good.

The gif wasn't posted to change your taste.

LowerLevel

All I meant was hyped after the launch titles are through. Launch lineup was fine and I know some of those games were hyped too. And I never complained about the general lineup, which just isn't my cup of tea (neither is the current PS4 lineup).

Apologies, misread your post :) Admittedly, it has been a touch dry...

It took about a year after it's official announcement but this is the first time I've looked at something involving Xbone and said to myself "I wish I had a Xbone so I could play this game".
Same here. As much as I would love to play this on my gaming PC, this could push me to get an Xbone.

ethomaz

Banned
I just watched the video... there are nothing of shooter in the game and the OP make me believe it was a shooter with wall running but seems more like a open world with powers.

This sounds way more promising :)

PS. I couldn't stop to remember inFamous watching the video... loved it... and the trail part Bioshock Infinite.

Top Bottom