• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive EDGE info blowout, with more coming tomorrow

Begaria

I like that description of "Tony Hawk meets inFamous". Seems pretty apt from what I saw. Very colorful game and a pretty cool art direction.

Looks good. Though you can really see they mixed R&C and Resistance gameplaywise. But with Infamous traversal. I don't mean this in a bad way.
Looks very attractive.

Ape

Banned
I think we have ourselves a potential GOTY candidate if they can pull this off. This game looks absolutely phenomenal.

I didn't entirely get the Tony Hawk part, as it looked more like Jet Set Radio meets Infamous to me.

It's just that more people have played Tony Hawk than Jet Set Radio. I feel the rail grinding and hang time is very reminiscent of Jet Set Radio. Besides that, it seems more like Crackdown than Infamous to me. Maybe the edgy main character looks Second Son-ish, though.

kle89

Neo Member
5b6.gif

need to know what anime this gif is from! ty

StaSeb

love the art, love the concepts
but I am not feeling it in the gameplay - yet.
Very much looking forward to learn more about it. I was expecting little after Fuse but this seems to play to the studios strenghts. Good stuff!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
It screams Dreamcast early Xbox for sure. It's like Insomniac is channeling Smilebit.
Insomniac be channeling Insomniac. Looks like they've taken the best of what they've done in many of their own games like the R&C and Resistance series and channeled that into this one. From what I'm seeing so far, there's a lot of callback to their earlier games in this one. Which is fantastic.

It looks really great. Some animations need a bit of work, and I want to see more hectic scenarios, but I'm already sold. I'm so glad they're putting fun ahead of everything else, that's how it should be.

Where does this leave Crackdown then? The video felt more like Crackdown (2) than anything else.

After Crackdown 2, the series needs some radical changes anyway. I wonder if they (whoever "they" might be) can succeed in offering that, while keeping the spirit of Crackdown intact.

Zephyrus

Banned
goddamn it insomniac.

This is the first game in almost a decade, that looks awesome and you make it xbox one exclusive.

SMH.

Guess it's time I start saving money for a xbox one...

Tsundere

Banned
please tell us more about the ai it seems like you are good at analysing few second snippets of gameplay

i guess it must be really amazing if even you have to nitpick the smallest of the smallest details

day one

Don't know what you want me to say. Do you want me to drool all over the game and say it's GOTY? I said it was colorful and looked nice, which it is. The AI is punching the air and actually they're punching each other, it's clear as day even if you're not focusing on it.

Xater

Looks alright in the gifs. The GI video is no longer available so I can#t see the whole thing.

Looks like Infamous with guns with the grinding stuff added. Kinda cool but doesn't blow my socks off. At least it's colorful which would be a trend I could get behind.

bede-x

This looks surprisingly good. We still need another Crackdown, but this looks like it'll do very nicely while we wait.

Top Bottom