• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

Loved it myself too.
Wished the DLC was more meaty, I must of done everything in 2 hours. The Chaos mode mission was really easy, finished it on my first try with 6 other people at something like 2800 chaos.

The Downtown night defense mission was much more difficulty with considerably less chaos.

How much did Sunset end up selling anyways?\
I've played the DLC Chaos Squad quite few times. Its easier than Downtown for sure but I've seen it fail a few times too.

Its my favorite Chaos Squad night defense mission. I like that most of the enemies seem to spawn right at or within the "invisible walls" instead of spawning them outside and needing to wait for them to make their way over. I think two Vats to protect is the sweet spot too. The three vats in Downtown is too many when playing with random people who don't communicate. With two its pretty obvious where back-up is needed, if that vat you are closest too is clear than its obviously the other vat.

Lego Boss

OK. Gotta admit for the first four hours I was really struggling with this, couldn't get the hang of weapons and grinding and was getting swamped by those crazy mutes.

The humour and the art style kept me going (and the fact that my wife bought it for me for Christmas) and I'm loving it now. The game is such a lot of fun (even if the RPG elements are a bit too complicated for my tastes) and it's always looking to reward you, which seems to be the true mark of next gen games (FH2 is much the same in this regard).

It's a bit jaggy at times (I can't do the misssion with the train becasue it says I've fallen too far behind and this happens even if it resets) and I get stuck in the scenery quite often, but really Insominac should be praised for trying something a bit different and making a beatiful world, which is big enough to be exciting, but not too big to be overwhelming.

If this gen is going to be open-world, then this is a hell of a place to start.

Any tips on weapons I should get (too busy to trawl through the thread).

I kept hearing the humor is off putting but the the game has made me laugh out loud more than a few times. My favorite being when
Floyd is talking scientific. I thought to myself, what the fuck is he talking about and then he says, "blah, blah, blah and a bunch of scientific bullshit."

Some of the side mission are ass, but overall it more than delivered

I'm considering buying the season pass as the extra content seems appealing. I haven't started the main game yet, would it be worthwhile to buy it for the extra abilities or should I wait?

I'm considering buying the season pass as the extra content seems appealing. I haven't started the main game yet, would it be worthwhile to buy it for the extra abilities or should I wait?

You get some extra weapons too, some people think the DLC isn't long enough, I thought it was fine but perhaps you might catch it on sale soon? Play it a bit first and see how much you like it then dive in.

Another DLC is due at some point, hopefully soon

You get some extra weapons too, some people think the DLC isn't long enough, I thought it was fine but perhaps you might catch it on sale soon? Play it a bit first and see how much you like it then dive in.

Another DLC is due at some point, hopefully soon
I have credit that I can use for it.. how long is the DLC? Price doesn't bother me too much.

Its a choice between that or the DR3 complete edition.

OK. Gotta admit for the first four hours I was really struggling with this, couldn't get the hang of weapons and grinding and was getting swamped by those crazy mutes.

The humour and the art style kept me going (and the fact that my wife bought it for me for Christmas) and I'm loving it now. The game is such a lot of fun (even if the RPG elements are a bit too complicated for my tastes) and it's always looking to reward you, which seems to be the true mark of next gen games (FH2 is much the same in this regard).

It's a bit jaggy at times (I can't do the misssion with the train becasue it says I've fallen too far behind and this happens even if it resets) and I get stuck in the scenery quite often, but really Insominac should be praised for trying something a bit different and making a beatiful world, which is big enough to be exciting, but not too big to be overwhelming.

If this gen is going to be open-world, then this is a hell of a place to start.

Any tips on weapons I should get (too busy to trawl through the thread).

I encountered that exact mission failure bug yesterday. Overall I'm having a blast with it. The movement is so satisfying. I think the humor is great-- I expected to roll my eyes at how xxxxtreeeme the marketing presents the game, but it doesn't seem anything like that.

UberLevi

Got the Sunset Overdrive bundle on Christmas and finally got around to beating the game just the other day. This game wasn't really on my radar before it's release, so when I got around to playing it I didn't have many expectations. I've got to admit that I'm pleasantly surprised. It's one of the better games that I've played in recent memory. Gameplay, humor, customization, music, and just the general personality of the game are a great breath of fresh air. Glad I picked this up.

As a side note, I've also been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition, which spurred me to make this:
K4RCorO.jpg

Beat the game the other day, loved it so much. I'm buying the season pass today to continue on with the add-ons and will finish off the side missions too.

The addiction to collecting everything reminds me of my need to get everything in Donkey Kong 64

Does anyone have a problem finding a game of Chaos Squad on Mooil Rig? I've been trying for days and not a single game found. I can find chaos games on any other map no problem but none on Mooil Rig. Is it lack of people playing it or is it some kind of a bug?

Does anyone have a problem finding a game of Chaos Squad on Mooil Rig? I've been trying for days and not a single game found. I can find chaos games on any other map no problem but none on Mooil Rig. Is it lack of people playing it or is it some kind of a bug?

I just bought the season pass yesterday, I'm down for joining you. GT: SheriffofPaddys

Cloudy

Banned
I am nearing the end and have been doing blue missions to prolong the game. Can I do the green missions after I beat the main story?

Cloudy

Banned
GOTY. I need a sequel where I can continue with my current character :D

Gtb74fz.jpg

I only have 2 side-quests available but I didn't even touch the green missions yet. Will give it a break for a few months then go back

PS: What was your most used weapon? Mine was TNT Teddy.

e90Mark

Gtb74fz.jpg

I only have 2 side-quests available but I didn't even touch the green missions yet. Will give it a break for a few months then go back

Roman Candle

Gtb74fz.jpg

I think mine was TNT Teddy too, just loved that weapon!

m23

Gtb74fz.jpg

I think mine was the hairspray bomb.

Bessy67

The game just got 3 new achievements and a 40% discount on the marketplace.

Like all important life lessons taught in video games, Sunset Overdrive strives to provide a deeper connection to fans by offering a meaningful and enriching – ah who are we kidding?

We really just want to challenge players to have more fun while air dashing all over Sunset City and sowing mayhem with the TNTeddy. To help and reward you intrepid funseeking, gamerscore and achievement hunters, Insomniac Games has upped the ante announcing today that they have added three new Buck National themed challenges with each achievement worth 25 gamerscore points. See below for more details on these challenges and achievements and stay tuned for more new achievements in the coming months and the next explosive new add-on pack soon.

Hardcore!: Buck National vs The Apocalypse
Beat the score of 600,000 on the Challenge "Buck's National vs The Apocalypse."

Hardcore!: Buck Strikes Back
Beat the score of 564,500 on the Challenge "Buck's Strikes Back."

Hardcore!: Buck Stops Here
Beat the score of 703,700 on the Challenge "Buck's Stops Here."

And for Xbox Live Gold Members who haven’t jumped feet first into the wonderfully chaotic world of Sunset Overdrive there’s no better time to join the party than right now. Starting today, Sunset Overdrive is 40% off for a limited time on the Xbox Game Store.

http://news.xbox.com/2015/01/games-...vements?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Spasm

I kept hearing the humor is off putting but the the game has made me laugh out loud more than a few times. My favorite being when
Floyd is talking scientific. I thought to myself, what the fuck is he talking about and then he says, "blah, blah, blah and a bunch of scientific bullshit."
One of my favorite lines was about 4Kim's name. (Paraphrasing)
"We call her regular Kim 'cause she's only got one 'Kim' in her name."

FLEABttn

Banned
I finally got around to the DLC today. A few things:

1) As others have said, it was too short. A couple hours was all it took and the story was particularly thin.
2) Wow was it glitchy. More than once upon completing a quest, the starter for the next quest wouldn't activate. I'd have to quit the software, restart it, and redo the mission to trigger the next mission.
3) I thought the ending was fairly weak. Nowhere near as cool as the main game.

Fuchsdh

Finished the DLC. Definitely was short, but I prefer that over feeling like I have to grind. Loved the Bryllcream throwing throughout.

Strangely, though, I don't seem to have the "Crude Oil" achievement, which seems impossible to miss—it's just starting the DLC and going to the rig, right?

Gtb74fz.jpg

Hairspray bomb of course. The OD Spear/javelin is 2nd.

One of my favorite lines was about 4Kim's name. (Paraphrasing)
"We call her regular Kim 'cause she's only got one 'Kim' in her name."

Lol I missed that! I always wondered why she was 4kim lol

Kickz

After playing the DLC for Infamous, the contrast of SO's bright colors blew me away again.. Man I really hope games going forward follow this color style. This game is so gooood, it better become a long franchise.

GVA1987

My gf just bought me this and I am absolutely loving it. Any Gaf still playing? I'll probably be hitting it up over the next few days fairly hard.

I just finished this, it really is great.

The gameplay and writing are fantastic, as are the visuals and enemy design. They make up for a game that might not be so appealing without it (as despite the weapons being cool I don't think that alone would be enough considering the relatively generic objectives).

I finished this a couple weeks ago but never got around to posting how much I really enjoyed it, I even found the dialogue fun, How amazing was the
fake
ending? calling out NeoGaf was brilliant.

My first Xbox One must have after getting the system for Christmas. Absolutely love the color, attitude, character and humor of this game. How did it do sales wise because I hope and pray we get another Game.

Top Bottom