• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

Qwell

So just started playing the game again after shelving it after about 2 hours (just wasn't digging it at all) I finally hit my groove with the game. I found a great mission for leveling guns / OD kills for the badges, but does anyone know of a good mission / quest or just area of the map for farming scab and fizzco bots that isn't like the last mission of the game? I just saved brylcream or whoever the scout leader is. Wondering if I should just barrel through the story since I hear the 2nd to last and last mission are great for farming.

Fuchsdh

So just started playing the game again after shelving it after about 2 hours (just wasn't digging it at all) I finally hit my groove with the game. I found a great mission for leveling guns / OD kills for the badges, but does anyone know of a good mission / quest or just area of the map for farming scab and fizzco bots that isn't like the last mission of the game? I just saved brylcream or whoever the scout leader is. Wondering if I should just barrel through the story since I hear the 2nd to last and last mission are great for farming.

Hmm, not aware of any good Fizzco ones. There's a scab mission later on where you're trying to find one of the cheerleaders, you could repeat that one for a while.

10981846_10153120820949853_3023753823998509967_n.jpg

For as long as we have stuff to talk about :D

And the DLC info is coming pretty soon.

Soon, is a bleh answer, I know, but it's all I can give at the moment.

I will settle for soon, can't wait! Still got one achievement left to get from the Buck National ones you added so I need to do that soon...

Rembrandt

Banned
god, I wish this game was on sale. might have to go ahead and pick up a full price copy since I neglected it last year after being so excited.

So I've played this in very short bursts over a long period of time, and I'm just off the original starting area/island. Yeah, yeah, I know.

Is it me, or does this game really not explain its core concepts very well? Chief among this is movement: I had wall run before the game told me I did, and I just got air dash and once again, the game didn't tell me I had it - I just tried it and lo and behold...

GREAT game. It keeps me coming back, and there's been a heap of stuff come out since, so that says something, I think.

Now that Xbox One has screenshots, I hope they patch in an option to turn off the HUD. A full on photo mode would be great too, maybe with an option to choose between the 3 times of day.

hom3land

Just finished the game the other day. What a blast! Only disappointed about one thing. One of the songs sounds just like L7's Wargasm opening. Everytime the song started I got sad.

Cavalier

Banned
I just beat this game at 3 in the morning. I know it's late but that was a fucking wild trip! It was refreshing to play an upbeat title in this day and age filled with depressing titles.

GJ Insomniac for the ending as well! XD

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Beat the DLC... fantastic romp.

It was on the short side, but the levels themselves were all really solid, and were longer missions compared to a lot of the ones in the base game so it was really nice.

The new weapons are ok. I used all my overcharge to buy the secret maps for the collectables I needed in the base game. So I think I'm back to collecting those and playing Chaos Squad to try and get more amps.

Can't wait for the next DLC, and hopefully news of more to come.

Ape

Banned
I really would have loved a co op feature to SO. Sometimes I feel like playing the game but Chaos Squad doesn't hold my attention.

Mucudadada

Insomniac Games
Beat the DLC... fantastic romp.

It was on the short side, but the levels themselves were all really solid, and were longer missions compared to a lot of the ones in the base game so it was really nice.

The new weapons are ok. I used all my overcharge to buy the secret maps for the collectables I needed in the base game. So I think I'm back to collecting those and playing Chaos Squad to try and get more amps.

Can't wait for the next DLC, and hopefully news of more to come.

News next week!

Here's a screengrab of one bit, looks highly Fizco related.

B-o76tFVEAEhsQi.jpg:large

What the hell is the main characters new costume? Looks like a home made costume.

TheKeyPit

Banned
That disguise is pretty clever.

Get the hair launcher thingy and equip a nuke amp. Get the perk that let's you carry more ammo.

Boom.

Thanks. I gave it a try yesterday and finished 1st. Explosions everywhere. I was surprised by the mini-missions before the night defense, because I thought Chaos Squad would only be a night defense.

I hope the developers of Sunset Overdrive can read this.

I just want to thank you guys for making one of the best games I have ever played, and something that is almost a spiritual sequel to two of my favorite things in the world:

Jet Grind Radio/Jet Set Radio Future

and

Classic West Coast, surfin' guitar, asskicking, good time having, Punk.

This game is like the best parts of Punk and Jet Set Radio combined into a crazy awesome overcharged hyper adrenaline rail grinding explosionfest.

It's a game that speaks as loudly as the genres that it pulls its music from, a love letter to being a individual in an industry of posers.

It's an elitist, hipster, love letter to the few people who demand more from their games I wish there was more of it. This game is the kind of thing that should kick the pants of everything in the industry, on the same genre defining level as a Metal Gear Solid title or an interesting new IP that doesn't suck.

This game lives, breathes, and speaks Punk with its loud raucous soundtrack and colorful art and graphics, standing loud and proud in a sea of the same and ordinary
game releases and sequels.

This game has spirit.

Thank you Insomniac.

Thank you.

Man I decided to fire up this game last night to mop up the new achievements. It just reminded me how much I love this game. I got the achievements fairly quickly and then just grinded around the world doing absolutely nothing for a good hour. Despite a huge backlog it made me want to restart the game with a new profile so I could rexiepreince it. It also made me fail that maybe Insomniac kind of failed with what they had hoped to do with the game after people had completed it. They want people to come back and do challenges but there isn't anything fun or interesting to do once you 100% the game. I feel they could make a huge to remedy this In a sequel. Chaos squad is fun for a bit (espeically with freinds) but then you realize your just doing the same thing lacklustre missions over and over

Anyways did this game sell well enough to warrant a sequel and do you think there is going to be one? I sure effing hope so between the colourful world and ridiculously fun this game is one of the best games I've played in the last five years but I'd love to see a more fleshed out story and world give the players far better reasons to return to the city each day.

Sydle

I picked this game up again after a 4-month hiatus (was sinking most of my time in to Forza Horizon 2 and a few PC games) and I'm in love with it. My traversing is also much better than it was at launch, so I'm enjoying getting around the city so much. Amazing work, Insomniac.

Is there a GAF Chaos Squad?

Top Bottom