• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragus

Banned
I have a strange feeling, that this will be a Zelda/Mario situation, like the one in 2011.

3DLand got amazing reviews, while SS... well, let's say that review thread was quite amusing.

Still, can't wait to play this shit, as I know it will be an amazing game.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I woke my kids up this morning by telling them there was only 72 hours left 'till Mario.

Gonna be badass. My first full-sized digital game on Wii U. I hope it doesn't take like 5 hours.

I have a strange feeling, that this will be a Zelda/Mario situation, like the one in 2011.

3DLand got amazing reviews, while SS... well, let's say that review thread was quite amusing.

Still, can't wait to play this shit, as I know it will be an amazing game.

But Zelda already has amazing reviews.

massoluk

Banned
Variety: 3/10
“Mario” franchise may now be vulnerable to a challenger on another console better suited to 3-D running and jumping. Fans may claim the graphics are good as far as the Wii U is concerned, but that argument quickly grows tired. There’s clever art design on many of the levels Mario visits, but given the vastly superior quality of the graphics in a game like “Knack,” currently available for the PS4, “3d World” looks old fashioned and lifeless.

fake

UrbanRats

Argh, not having a WiiU is painful right now.

Still, some unexpected expenses will probably mean i'll have to get it next year, several months in.
Unless Nintendo cuts the price, that is.

Krabboss

You know, if the WiiU had been more powerful that promo art could have been what the game looks like. :p

Great review so far. I'll try to buy the game this friday!

The promo art doesn't really look any better than the footage we've seen of the game to me.

boxter432

"Game length. The main adventure took me roughly 9.5 hours from start to credits. I played every level, only replayed levels I failed, and collected nearly 190 stars along the way. Believe me when I say hardcore completetieonists will have a nice long adventure ahead of them. Not to mention the fact that there is a great deal more to do after the credits roll. *wink wink*"

Nibel

NEWSLETTER_19112013_MARIO3DWORLD_PRESSE.jpg

Sent out by Nintendo today

Praise, praise everywhere

(Thanks Guzman Anton!)

zroid

Banned
I think Destructoid's score will be in line with the rest. I'm expecting Gamespot to be the low outlier. :b

- Game length. The main adventure took me roughly 9.5 hours from start to credits. I played every level, only replayed levels I failed, and collected nearly 190 stars along the way. Believe me when I say hardcore completetieonists will have a nice long adventure ahead of them. Not to mention the fact that there is a great deal more to do after the credits roll. *wink wink*

- The absolutely phenomenal soundtrack, featuring new takes on classic Mario tunes and a host of new tracks that compliment the gameplay and levels in terrific ways. At times I felt like I was listening to the soundtrack from a Studio Ghibli film. It's quite possibly the best Mario soundtrack of all time.

I never thought I'd say this, but... Super Mario 3D World is easily on par with the Super Mario Galaxy titles and is hands down the best multiplayer Mario adventure that has ever graced a Nintendo system.

Good enough, for me..

Nibel

The metric by which Super Mario 3D World is measured @ Escapist is laughable - it's like they tried to find negative points

Multiplayer is completely optional and the second point is just

wat

Vaiim

Friday is going to be insane at my house.

Xbox One
Zelda XL
Mario

My god.

Good times.

So you'll have the 3DS on your lap, the WiiU gamepad on your knees and the Xbox on your TV? Proving once and for all that humans need more than 2 arms.

The metric by which Super Mario 3D World is measured @ Escapist is laughable - it's like they tried to find negative points

Multiplayer is completely optional and the second point is just

wat

Multiplayer doesn't add to the ga... does it seriously say that!? My brain can't comprehend. Can't be real, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom