• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Geek Review - no score:
http://www.geek.com/review/review-super-mario-3d-world-1577533/

Super Mario 3D World is one of the best games in the history of the Mario franchise.

As the first player, how you hold the GamePad helps determine the camera angle. This is a little awkward at first, and most people will probably default back to using the right thumb stick for camera controls, but if you give it a try for a level or two it’s actually a comfortable way to play.

There’s easily a dozen other really cool things to do in this game. Speed runs, races against your last recorded run, races against the recorded runs left by other people, Miiverse integration, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. The game taps into every single Wii U resource to show off what is possible if other developers were to reach in and do the same, and it’s fantastic.

zroid

Banned
The metric by which Super Mario 3D World is measured @ Escapist is laughable - it's like they tried to find negative points

Multiplayer is completely optional and the second point is just

wat

the video review itself was really boring :\

he spends half of it describing features...

Zalman

The metric by which Super Mario 3D World is measured @ Escapist is laughable - it's like they tried to find negative points

wat
"Bowser still antagonist"? Someone help me find a laughing gif.

KHlover

Banned

wat

- Multiplayer doesn't add to the experience...wat.

Malvingt2

wat

tfVBEuR.gif

Nibel

Just remember to not go apeshit when some site inevitably gives it a "low" score.

I have nothing against low scores if the reasoning is fine

That Escapist stuff is just embarassing - multiplayer is a optional addition and Bowser belongs into a Mario game just like guns in Call Of Duty

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

wat

Bowser still antagonist - this is going to be a meme, I can feel it

lmao

Escapist....are you kidding me? So what was the real reason the game didnt get the full score? Let me guess...you can't give a Mario game the top score every damn time.

But beside that score I can't wait to see the rest of the reviews. Betting Mario 3D World will get a 93 Metacritic score.

Alrus

I still don't get people who care about the story in mainline Mario games... Who gives a shit about the antagonist if the platforming is good really?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I still don't get people who care about the story in mainline Mario games... Who gives a shit about the antagonist if the platforming is good really?
Nintendo is holding gaming back by not making them art!

jmls1121

Banned

The only time a story has EVER mattered in a mainline mario game is the library in Galaxy 1, and it was incredible. It was one of my favorite moments ever in video games...the story can viewed as an allegory for the Mario franchise, and Nintendo itself.

That being said, any reviewer docking points due to lack of story or inclusion of Bowser is not to be taken seriously.

Taking points off because bowser is still the villain? What? Are they being sarcastic? I can't understand how someone could rationalize that as a valid critique.

Porcile

Basically the jist of the Escapist review is that the game really really good, except it's not as good as it could of been, whatever that means.

Exile20

In that escapist review, if those are his only cons, then this game is PERFECT.

To me that 4/5 is 5/5 looking at the only cons he raised.

I liked the fact that the game is singleplayer platformer, COOP platfomer, Competitive platform just by the amount of players playing.

D-e-f-

Banned

wat

MP not adding to the game is simply a lie. Nothing else you can say about that lol. It's the most blatant lie ever. What's it with reviewers now lying straight faced in their write ups?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom