• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Advance 4 (SMB3) on Wii U VC in Japan WILL contain the e-Reader levels

MisterHero

Holy shit, I bought all the SMAdvance games. I thought I was done buying them lol

That's pretty cool. What abot stuff like the Cape?

Though looking at this, I wish they had done the same for other VC games that had a good amount of content originally locked behind a peripheral. (Mario Tennis GBC comes to mind)

Edit: Though M2 handles GBA stuff for Wii U, right? This was probably their idea.

FINALLY, AN EASY WAY TO DO THIS.

For better or for worse, as I understand it, these SMA4 e-Reader levels, along with the new slate of bonus levels in the GBA Yoshi's Island, were Nintendo's New Super Mario Bros. team's trial run on designing new 2D Mario levels from scratch after spending years on programming the Super Mario Advance ports.

Just what I needed!

Bravo

Though looking at this, I wish they had done the same for other VC games that had a good amount of content originally locked behind a peripheral. (Mario Tennis GBC comes to mind)

Edit: Though M2 handles GBA stuff for Wii U, right? This was probably their idea.

They actually re-added a mode in the Wii U VC version of Mario Tennis 64 that was cut on Wii.

Fake edit, it was Ring Tournament:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1077493

Zubz

Banned
Cool! Hopefully they come with the power-ups, too; I always thought it was neat that you could get the Cape/SMB USA vegetables in the main game, as well.

I'm.... actually surprised.

Wonder if when they release this in the States/Europe will we get the Japanese only e-Reader levels? I hope so.

This really is cool. Especially since it's pretty difficult to get to these levels *with* emulation.

I'm shocked, honestly. I really don't expect Nintendo to do these things.

TreIII

Holy crap!

I'll be making sure to get this one as soon as possible! I've always wanted to try the rest, since I was only able to try a grand total of one or two, back in the day.

Awesome! That's cool of them to do that. Most companies wouldn't bother. I still have a bunch of SMB3 cards and the e-reader. I played a bunch of these levels on GBA. I think I was only missing 1 or 2 levels.

Madao

okay, if they went and did this, the F-Zero X Expansion Kit is now viable to have on VC.

do it Nintendo. that's all i ever ask for.

Nanashrew

Banned
Same. What's the consensus on them? Anyone know

Weird, experimental and cool, some play with expectations. There are even simple things like beat the clock, exploration, mazes, lots of returning items and enemies from past games, even SMB2 USA like turnips and sand blocks. New stuff that also explores the tanuki suit abilities like turning to stone reveals hidden blocks. There's a lot of cool stuff.

This really has to come to the west with all the e-card stages. It is the definitive version of SMB3.

JoeM86

This was the reason I imported the US GBA version, then lost it when my sister insisted I loan them to her friend.

I really hope the e-reader levels come to Europe too

Top Bottom