• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

Naar

there is a LOT of levels posted in this thread (and this very page!)

anyone want me to check out any specific levels and give some feedback?

post your codes!

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor

post your codes!

Thanks!

WVW69iaYuSIcO27ioK

4F9C-0000-005F-2DFE

Cuburt

post your codes!

Please check out this level.

Deja Vu

ID: B941-0000-0066-D585

Haven't had anyone on GAF try it yet and it's got the most unconventional design of any level I've made, which is why feedback would really help since I'd like to hear how it actually works in practice.

I made a new level!

Koopa Airship: 88E1-0000-0069-E4A5

It's very similar to my first level Goomba Jumping (EC3B-0000-0065-9C25) where you have to bounce off enemies to progress. This time I designed it around flying red koopas and the propeller mushroom.

All feedback is appreciated :)

Tiamant

1530873_434710403379615_891075880_n.jpg

I think my first level came out pretty good.

If you like classic Super Mario World castle levels with no bullshit enemy placements, fair platforming, a throwback mid-boss and a kind of different way to defeat Bowser, you should try this ;)

ID: 64AB-0000-0069-D893

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

post your codes!

"Un inizio, tre vie...o una sola?"
ID: 1C9C-0000-0064-D0BA

Brief description (from the Mario Maker Hub page) - This Ghost House is haunted by the strangest things! Vines, saws, Piranha Plants...and Twomps too, after all. Choose your way between three separate paths to get towards the goal*. Not that long this way. But a challenge awaits the bravest and the ones who desire to reach the top of the pole the most...maybe, those three paths aren't as disconnected as you'd think? *P.S. When you reach the area with two pipes next to each other, coming from one of the traditional paths, you have to jump from there to reach the low parts of the pole - since there's no sign, I think a brief clarification is needed.

BTW: I've just finished to create my Mario Maker Hub's page

http://www.mariomakerhub.com/makers/MarcoP90

Most of the levels don't feature a description, I should put them in the next few days, hopefully.

Ranger X

I can't seem to grasp what type of levels people are starring.
This system doesn't encourage good level design that for sure and is not linked to how much effort and thought you put into your levels....

so what's your receipe? seriously. I just want the liberty to post more well thought levels at the same time. I even tried putting out a shit level just for kicks but even my shit level doesn't do jack...

So many levels too, I don't want to have to advertise it everywhere like its my job or something. Such a broken system. Just let people publish their stuff already.

kiryogi

Banned

post your codes!

A hard one for ya! And whatever you do, don't believe the arrows.

Escape Boo's Haunted Lab.!

(D914-0000-0064-2FBD)

Naar

ok so i played the first 4 that replied back to me

Koopa Heights

this felt like a nintendo smb 3 level. was quite good!

Deja Vu

ok...........i need to vent about this level but know that i LOVED it

it took me a while (and had to restart the level) because after exploring for a while i would end up getting the coins by accident or just falling through them and that leaves me with no path.

idea is great, but maybe try to find a way not to make the player get stuck? unless that was part of your plan for the level

Get Out!

this level was good, but i think needed some adjusting. just like what i said above, i had to restart this level after i killed the koopa accidentally (a lot of enemies popped up and i just jumped on all of them at once) and locked myself out of the exit to the level

otherwise great level :D

Dawn Of The First Day

great nsmb level design. although that end haha!

anyways i beat all those levels and enjoyed them :)

i would love to hear feedback on my latest level so i can adjust things in the future

Spinning Madness

3DA8-0000-0068-BD40 its a bit skill based but medium difficulty at most

gonna take a small break and check more levels later

Sölf

post your codes!

Depending in what you are looking for, here are three codes (feedback for one is enough):

Andarro's Hidden Cave
It's a pretty standard level, but it has a rather hard and lengthy sub section. Would like Feedback for the level with and without subsection.

Frozen Maze
Again, a normal level with several rather hard and optional subsections. This level has really few plays, would be the one where I would really like to hear something.

Andarro's Nightmare
A pretty hard puzzle/skill level. Hasn't been beaten yet, can be pretty frustrating at times and is rather lenghty. If you like something like this, please play it and tell me what you think.

Mendoza

tumblr_nv7efvfoYI1qzti5wo1_1280.jpg

Rapid Fire Flower Power
0E2A-0000-006A-0631

Kind of a disjointed level based on a concept of throwing fireballs really fast. I have a feeling I'll be coming back to this one a lot to make changes, but I like the gimmick.

It's pretty unique and fun though, so let me know what you think.

markiemak

Neo Member
A somewhat challenging (but simple!) course centred around Shy Guy.

Please let me know what you think!:

Shyguy's Great Escape

CDB0-0000-005E-F42A

DaBoss

I got my 2nd medal!

Deja Vu

Haven't had anyone on GAF try it yet and it's got the most unconventional design of any level I've made, which is why feedback would really help since I'd like to hear how it actually works in practice.
This is a very clever level. I had a lot of fun with it. You make use of the pipes and doors well, especially the pipes.
I made a new level!

Koopa Airship: 88E1-0000-0069-E4A5

It's very similar to my first level Goomba Jumping (EC3B-0000-0065-9C25) where you have to bounce off enemies to progress. This time I designed it around flying red koopas and the propeller mushroom.

All feedback is appreciated :)
I like this one as well (the name is a bit misleading compared to your description, but that's not much of a problem). Your warning for spinies actually doesn't work cause the spiny gets squished off by the platform by the time you get there without failing lol.

I think you should have put two paratroopas from the start so that when the spinies appear, people would know to start using the one without the spinies.

Thud

Dawn Of The First Day

great nsmb level design. although that end haha!

i would love to hear feedback on my latest level so i can adjust things in the future

Spinning Madness

3DA8-0000-0068-BD40 its a bit skill based but medium difficulty at most

gonna take a small break and check more levels later

I was wondering if the ending was possible before the game launched . Made that on the first day after unlocking the NSMBU tools. I just submitted my levels reverse in mariomakerhub.

Took a few tries, but I beat your level. There are a few spinless moments that take out the momentum. Especially the P-block part. How does that super star part work with the flying spinies? I could just spin while still invincible. Challenging fun.

Double

Okay, so I decided to make one more version of Boo's Plumbing Nightmare.

Boo's Plumbing Nightmare ver 2.0 (43AB-0000-0069-9A0E)
DpmrAlOl.jpg
This is just amazing, you really showed some great stuff you can do with this game that I would probably never have thought of.

Your password system looked interesting too, didn't find the code it seems, I guess I missed more stuff than I thought. Will replay as well as play your other levels soon :D

Naar

I was wondering if the ending was possible before the game launched . Made that on the first day after unlocking the NSMBU tools. I just submitted my levels reverse in mariomakerhub.

Took a few tries, but I beat your level. There are a few spinless moments that take out the momentum. Especially the P-block part. How does that super star part work with the flying spinies? I could just spin while still invincible. Challenging fun.

well for your level i already was super mario. so i just jumped and took the hit (and win) was that how i was supposed to beat that part?

also thanks for the feedback. would you have preferred if everything was spinning jumps? also you were not supposed to use the star on the flying spinys. just wait and then spin jump them. the star is supposed to end a few seconds after you reach them.

Bladelaw

Based on the feed back from my previous run I present

You Think You Can Wall Jump?

81AA-0000-0069-F74AA

A hard/extreme castle level with a midboss, end boss, and lots of well timed wall jumping.

It's a little easier than the beta but hopefully more fair.

colinp

Banned
Just seven uploaded levels and I just hit 150 coins. Kinda satisfying not relying on a giant fan base on Twitter or anything to get starred.

Alright, I've made a sequel to my Ghost House Yoshi level. I'll post both of them here since no one from here seems to have played the first one either.

Find your dinosaur horse thingamabob friend and reach the goal! This stage has no bottomless pits or any sort of pressing time limit, so take your time to explore and deal with the few enemies that will try to stop you from reuniting with your aforementioned green friend.

Continue on further into the haunted mansion. Make sure to hang on to your horse or you might find exploration a lot more perilous. Luckily there are no pits for Yoshi to fall into here either, so you should be fine even if you take a hit or two. This one is a bit more challenging than the previous level, but should still be very manageable.

Great two levels, loved the moment when you need to look for yoshi.

I like this one as well (the name is a bit misleading compared to your description, but that's not much of a problem).
As always, thanks for the feedback.
Your warning for spinies actually doesn't work cause the spiny gets squished off by the platform by the time you get there without failing lol.
My warning for the spinies was just going to be a paratroopa flying out of the player's reach, but I noticed that some players actually become more hesitant to move right and miss the platform completely. Kinda wish I could make a transparent enemy, but you work with what you're given.
I think you should have put two paratroopas from the start so that when the spinies appear, people would know to start using the one without the spinies.
Oh damn that's a good idea. Now I'm kicking myself for not thinking about that sooner :)

Mendoza

Based on the feed back from my previous run I present

You Think You Can Wall Jump?

81AA-0000-0069-F74AA

A hard/extreme castle level with a midboss, end boss, and lots of well timed wall jumping.

It's a little easier than the beta but hopefully more fair.

Played the Beta earlier today, but got frustrated because I don't know the jumping mechanics that well for NSMB. Couldn't figure out the jump near the first Bullet Bill Blaster.

I'll give this a shot though.

EDIT: Beat it. The coins used to lead the player now is nice. Though you did make the trampoline jump incredibly easy now. I kind of liked how you couldn't see the wall to jump from. But I can't tell if you changed the Bullet Bill jump or not, but after that the level was cake.

Chopper

this level was good, but i think needed some adjusting. just like what i said above, i had to restart this level after i killed the koopa accidentally (a lot of enemies popped up and i just jumped on all of them at once) and locked myself out of the exit to the level

otherwise great level :D
Thanks for the feedback.

I've figured the best way to help people out with this is to make a title change. With that, I present to you the final (I think) version of this cheeky little puzzle. It might be a bit too straightforward, but it's been fun to create, and I think it's satisfying enough to be enjoyable.

Ladies and gents, Keep a Koopa.

Rvh2qEy.png

Enjoy!

one_kill

Just made my third level :)

Becoming Little Mac:
0BF4-0000-006A-1AE4
You start off as Mario who, after a series of training sessions and bouts, becomes Little Mac. As Little Mac, you have to defend your title.

Also, I just wanted to say thank you to those who played the two levels I posted before. I starred levels I could complete.

Thud

well for your level i already was super mario. so i just jumped and took the hit (and win) was that how i was supposed to beat that part?

also thanks for the feedback. would you have preferred if everything was spinning jumps? also you were not supposed to use the star on the flying spinys. just wait and then spin jump them. the star is supposed to end a few seconds after you reach them.

I know, but I could still spin on those bastards. Speedrun exploit. It doesn't have to be just spin jumps, however I think you can give something relaxing after spin jumping. Then show them the next challenge :p.

I gave mushrooms for people who would take their chances. But if you follow the coins near the flag, you'll get a star, murdering everything. The player can choose how to end it. The star ending is the cool one tho.

Cuburt

This is a very clever level. I had a lot of fun with it. You make use of the pipes and doors well, especially the pipes.
Thanks, that's a relief to hear that those parts of it came across as fun and not confusing and frustrating. I tried my best to use only subtle visual cues since I felt part of the experience is exploring and try things out but I was worried that it could end up feeling like running around in circles not knowing where to go next if it was too subtle.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you
figure out you had to hit the P-Switch and go in the pipe?

Naar

I know, but I could still spin on those bastards. Speedrun exploit. It doesn't have to be just spin jumps, however I think you can give something relaxing after spin jumping. Then show them the next challenge :p.

I gave mushrooms for people who would take their chances. But if you follow the coins near the flag, you'll get a star, murdering everything. The player can choose how to end it. The star ending is the cool one tho.

lol i had that mushroom with me since the start of the level :p

Bladelaw

Played the Beta earlier today, but got frustrated because I don't know the jumping mechanics that well for NSMB. Couldn't figure out the jump near the first Bullet Bill Blaster.

I'll give this a shot though.

EDIT: Beat it. The coins used to lead the player now is nice. Though you did make the trampoline jump incredibly easy now. I kind of liked how you couldn't see the wall to jump from. But I can't tell if you changed the Bullet Bill jump or not, but after that the level was cake.

No change to the bullet bill jump. Aside from arrows and coins I altered the trampoline jump to get rid of the blind spot. A couple folks didn't care for it and I'd rather not have cheap deaths. Thanks for playing!

Deja Vu

Wow that level is really mind bending. Great stuff. I did get upset at the boss cause I missed a turtle and I felt I got stuck but later I found the other way to pass it, nice.

Chopper

Alright, I've made a sequel to my Ghost House Yoshi level. I'll post both of them here since no one from here seems to have played the first one either.

Find your dinosaur horse thingamabob friend and reach the goal! This stage has no bottomless pits or any sort of pressing time limit, so take your time to explore and deal with the few enemies that will try to stop you from reuniting with your aforementioned green friend.

Continue on further into the haunted mansion. Make sure to hang on to your horse or you might find exploration a lot more perilous. Luckily there are no pits for Yoshi to fall into here either, so you should be fine even if you take a hit or two. This one is a bit more challenging than the previous level, but should still be very manageable.
Hey guy. I just gave these a few plays.

They are both fantasioc looking levels. There's a lush level of detail that really makes them look like legit Nintendo levels.

That said, I MUCH preferred the second level. It was more fun to explore, and... I actually finished it. I can't find Yoshi! I tried flying over the spinning saws for ages before establishing that Yoshi is a more viable option. But I just have no idea where he is!

You have a keen eye for a Ghost House, my friend. I am just sorry my feeble brain didn't allow me to capitalize on your hard work.

Everyone should give these a try though. You get a star for Horsecapades. You will get one for Yoshi once I've found him!

Cuburt

Wow that level is really mind bending. Great stuff. I did get upset at the boss cause I missed a turtle and I felt I got stuck but later I found the other way to pass it, nice.
Thanks.

Well, I don't think there are enough koopas to beat him with shells only (I've tried it) but I made sure there are a few ways to beat him/pass that part, especially if you are intimately familiar with World 1-2. ;)

tassletine

I made a version of GHOSTS & GOBLINS called BOOS & GOBLINS

LV 1 EEBC-0000-006A-0EA7

LV2 F21E-000-006A-11E1

LV3 099A-0000-006A-2634

LV4 9D83-000-006A-2899

I might do the last two levels if these prove popular.

All the levels have bosses but they're kind of puzzles. Hopefully fun, but a couple are intentionally a bit tricky.

The levels aren't too challenging but gauging the difficultly was hard as I wanted it to be fairly faithful to the (rock hard) original to some extent. The level layout is as close as I could get it but I added extra enemies to increase the difficulty.

Most of the levels have a hidden area. Level 3 has a big hidden area and 3 ways of getting to the boss (it also has 3 puzzle rooms).

Any feedback would be appreciated.
I hope you enjoy them.

Thud

lol i had that mushroom with me since the start of the level :p

Then you're one of the few. I just looked again and the screen is red with crosses :p.

Anyway it's one of my first batch of levels, I streamlined the concept a bit more with the sequels. Hoping to bundle the best ideas into one level later on.

RagnarokX

This is just amazing, you really showed some great stuff you can do with this game that I would probably never have thought of.

Your password system looked interesting too, didn't find the code it seems, I guess I missed more stuff than I thought. Will replay as well as play your other levels soon :D
The pass code is at the end of the blue lift ride. You probably had your attention on the boos ;)

The pass code is

Glad you enjoyed it.

Chopper

Wow. I just played a genuinely excellent level in 100 Mario mode on Normal.

It's a very intricate, well designed airship level called Precious Cargo by a user called rin. I recommend you give it a go!

ID: 2725-0000-0027-0814

jnWake

It's funny how many people put Lakitu in their levels. I bet they're thinking "ha! this Lakitu will wreck them" without realizing how much the cloud breaks the level. At least it makes going through 100 Mario Challenge pretty easy.

pulsemyne

Another level from me

Fire and Ice!

02FA-000-006A-3792

Be warned this is pretty damn tough. I wonder if any of you will be able to complete it...

Top Bottom