• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

Type40

Ordered the Mayflash Magic-NS for Switch since it was cheep. Had pretty ok results.
Got everything on the Left side of the line to work with it...(Wired and Wireless) Only the 3 on the right didn't work. Was really hoping to finally get some use out of the PS3 Neogeo pad.

DX7khIf.jpg

GVI2drf.jpg

0y9jUsu.jpg

Coda

Ordered the Mayflash Magic-NS for Switch since it was cheep. Had pretty ok results.
Got everything on the Left side of the line to work with it...(Wired and Wireless) Only the 3 on the right didn't work. Was really hoping to finally get some use out of the PS3 Neogeo pad.

Nice I've been looking for the PS4 version as I'd like to use my Switch Pro Controller on PS4 but it seems you can't buy it anywhere.

tariniel

Keep debating with myself between an Obsidian and Panthera, for use on PC.

Obsidian is apparently a monster and weighs a lot, which may be an issue since I use it on my lap. But I can change the art easily. The Panthera is supposedly harder to mod.

Anyone have tried either/both and have an opinion?

Currently using an 8-9 year old Madcatz TE Round 2.

Edzi

What's the Seimitsu equivalent of the Sanwa JLF on the TE2?

My new sanwa jlf seems to have a couple issues so I'm wondering if I should just try another one. One of the microswitches squeaks (this is the second sanwa stick I've gotten that's had this issue), and the stick feels like it drags or gets caught when pressing certain directions. I've tried looking at it from the bottom while I move it, and it seems like the rubber part of the the stick is sticking to/getting caught on some circular metal ring/plate that it makes contact with. I'm guessing there's an issue with the amount of lube they used and that it might be drying out or something?

Ship date for HRAP N updated to "September 27 - October 24."

:|

I cancelled my order (in Canada, only amazon has it, says 2-5 months, which is backordered,and importing from a smaller store is extremely expensive risking duties). Frustrating, as I'm already weeks deep into Tekken so wait time for a new stick is not an option.

Ended up sanwa modding my venom stick and also imported a RAP4 Kai Hayabusa for the same cost as the RAP N on its own.

As far as I'm concerned the HRAP N never existed to begin with.

Orayn

Newegg allegedly has the HRAP N in stock, gonna put in an order there and see what happens.

EDIT: Son of a gun, they revised the shipping estimate to Monday, only after I had put in an order at Newegg instead. Oh well, canceled the Amazon order and the Newegg one is packaging and about to ship. What a mess.

The RAP4 Kai I just received says Kuro buttons and no PC mention on box. Inside, stick has PC switch and Hayabusa buttons. Weird, nice surprise, but weird.

Orayn

Got my HRAP N today, finally. It's a very nice stick, I'll post some pictures later. And yeah, this one has PC support too, both Xinput and DirectInput/generic.

Hassun

Neo Member
You can get $20 off coupon if you sign up for their newsletter. Was only $179 w/free shipping after. Not bad at all. Only $10 more than a Hori RAP N.
It's €240 out here and I don't see any coupons. If it were €200 including shipping I would buy one.

bubumiao

I got a brand new Madcatz Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition fight stick off eBay.

Ordered it on release in 2009, but the website I ordered from kept delaying it and never shipped so I cancelled the order and ended up with something else (I think just a cheap Tekken 5 stick).

Now finally getting​ what I actually wanted. Might post some pics next week once it arrives.

alienator

i butchered my ps3 SF IV madcatz stick into a full sanwa neogeo stick.

20988312_10156768745751164_1854052790711574568_o.jpg

a lot of fun since i dont know sh*t about electronics and stuff ;) but nobody died, and the house didnt went up in flames.

20479504_10156676692236164_3980087078945001330_n.jpg

MrMephistoX

Got the Hori Hayabusa for Xbone I’m anticipation of getting my XBOX. In the meantime I’m pairing it up with my PS4 version on my fightcade/man cave setup. Is there an active Fightcade GAF group?

Also have SANWA buttons to match my PS4 stick, Octogate abd balltops on order so the color scheme matches ;)

Upgrading my PC soon so I can actually do SFV with mods.

P.S if anyone is in SoCal the Hacienda Heights Fry’s has two of the Viewlix replica Hori sticks...so tempting but couldn’t justify the $299 pricetag.

My Panthera came in early! Like it so far...it has good weight and feels solid. The artwork is really nice. Tried the bat top for a bit to see if I could ever go back to that feel.

After a couple hours...put the ball top back on lol.

mW4JP0m.jpg

After a bajillion years, my country finally got the damn Hori Tekken 7 stick

It's great! Hefty, huge, and those new Hori components feel a lot better than the Rap 4 series

shockdude

What's the Seimitsu equivalent of the Sanwa JLF on the TE2?

My new sanwa jlf seems to have a couple issues so I'm wondering if I should just try another one. One of the microswitches squeaks (this is the second sanwa stick I've gotten that's had this issue), and the stick feels like it drags or gets caught when pressing certain directions. I've tried looking at it from the bottom while I move it, and it seems like the rubber part of the the stick is sticking to/getting caught on some circular metal ring/plate that it makes contact with. I'm guessing there's an issue with the amount of lube they used and that it might be drying out or something?
What do you mean by "equivalent"? None of the Seimitsu really feel anything like a JLF.

This is all recalled from back when I was researching joysticks, correct me if I'm wrong.
The LS-40 is probably the closest in tension, but its short throw and actuation make it really precise.
LS-32 is slightly less precise and slightly more tense, but suffers from a "jumping" issue when you hit the gate hard.
LS-56 is the tightest and most precise Seimitsu stick available.

These are the three big ones anyway.

And yeah you can also try getting some joystick lube for your current stick.

Edzi

What do you mean by "equivalent"? None of the Seimitsu really feel anything like a JLF.

This is all recalled from back when I was researching joysticks, correct me if I'm wrong.
The LS-40 is probably the closest in tension, but its short throw and actuation make it really precise.
LS-32 is slightly less precise and slightly more tense, but suffers from a "jumping" issue when you hit the gate hard.

I just meant what would fit/look most similar to the JLF. Pretty sure the LS-40 is what I'd want.

Also, I figured out that the issue with the stick was too much grease/lube around the actuator, so I wiped it off thoroughly and it's been better.

Hassun

Neo Member
My Panthera came in early! Like it so far...it has good weight and feels solid. The artwork is really nice. Tried the bat top for a bit to see if I could ever go back to that feel.

After a couple hours...put the ball top back on lol.
Looking at that battop makes me really want to find a solid enclosure for the IL EuroJoystick.
I don't think any of the existing designs are tall enough for it (other than the unappealing x-arcade).

I like that lever a lot butI feel like I'm going to need to find a way to build en entire arcade stick by hand just to fit it in something.

I really don't know if I'd say the LS-40 is around the same tension as the JLF. To me the JLF feels REALLY loose and the LS-40 is rather tight and you have to mean to actually hit it in a direction. I feel like an LS-58 is a bit closer than anything else.

That being said, the LS-40 is a dream.

shockdude

I really don't know if I'd say the LS-40 is around the same tension as the JLF. To me the JLF feels REALLY loose and the LS-40 is rather tight and you have to mean to actually hit it in a direction. I feel like an LS-58 is a bit closer than anything else.

That being said, the LS-40 is a dream.
I never said it was around the same tension, just that it was probably the closest lol. Nearly everything Seimitsu makes has more tension than a JLF, though I haven't tried the LS-58.
And yeah the LS-40 is great.

Edzi

So..my new Panther has a squeaky JLF too. Seems like every new one is squeaky.

This seems to be insanely common. If it really bothers you, you can open it up pretty easily and clean the microswitches, but in my experience the squeak will always come back, and not always for the same direction.

My solution is just to play with headphones/the volume up loud.

This seems to be insanely common. If it really bothers you, you can open it up pretty easily and clean the microswitches, but in my experience the squeak will always come back, and not always for the same direction.

My solution is just to play with headphones/the volume up loud.

I know how to clean it etc, it just seems like I never had the issue before this gen. Seems like all the sticks now do this much more.

Teuoxton

FYI if you preordered the NES30 8bitdo Arcade Stick and had your order delayed to ship "Sept 26th - Dec 16th" or something similar, Amazon just sent me an email that shortens the window to Sept. 6-8. Must be a new shipment!

FYI if you preordered the NES30 8bitdo Arcade Stick and had your order delayed to ship "Sept 26th - Dec 16th" or something similar, Amazon just sent me an email that shortens the window to Sept. 6-8. Must be a new shipment!

Yeah, Amazon did that to me last week, gave me a four-month window and then shipped it a few days later. I got mine this past Monday.

razu

I modded a venom ps4 stick today. All sanwa parts, wrapping paper for 'artwork'. Cost around £100. Impressed with the weight and mod friendly design, the pcb has an extra connection for a jlf 5 pin cable.

Stick feels great!

LAhaDE3.jpg

Edzi

Just wanna say that the universal brook mod into my te2+ has been great so far, and I'm super stoked that the te2+ (the case anyway) didn't end up going to waste completely due to Mad Catz's shitty pcb and parts.

Danneee

I just ordered a Hori Tekken 7 stick plus a silent Sanwa joystick and dampwning foam for my sanwa push buttons.
Trying to revitalize my fighting game collection as pretty much the time I have to game is when the family is asleep. I really think minimizing sound from the stick plus headphones will remedy that!

Does anyone know a good place to order custom art for that stick?

I just ordered a Hori Tekken 7 stick plus a silent Sanwa joystick and dampwning foam for my sanwa push buttons.
Trying to revitalize my fighting game collection as pretty much the time I have to game is when the family is asleep. I really think minimizing sound from the stick plus headphones will remedy that!

Want to know this too, even though I'm really enjoying the artwork on the black one

LOVE the new stock Hori buttons and stick btw

Really responsive

Any idea when Razer will restock the SFV edition Pantheras or are they done?

Just wanna say that the universal brook mod into my te2+ has been great so far, and I'm super stoked that the te2+ (the case anyway) didn't end up going to waste completely due to Mad Catz's shitty pcb and parts.

Isn't the native TE2+ PCB the best when it comes to input lag? It's got lesser lag than even the DS4. IIRC the brooks PCB comes at third or fourth with the Dualshock 4 and the RZR Panthera preceding it, though not noticeable in links or high enough to destroy a matchup.

A great multiplatform PCB nonetheless and a worthy replacement of the AkiPS360.

Anne

Isn't the native TE2+ PCB the best when it comes to input lag? It's got lesser lag than even the DS4. IIRC the brooks PCB comes at third or fourth with the Dualshock 4 and the RZR Panthera preceding it, though not noticeable in links or high enough to destroy a matchup.

Latency doesn't matter when that shit doesn't work. The TE2+ board is so faulty it might as well be criminal that they didn't just recall the whole lot of them.

Now I'm conflicted lol.

It's still hard to feel when a switch activates despite the better switches. If you're somebody used to that type of feedback, the 3rd gen still isn't good enough.

Worth a shot to check Tek Innovations. If they don't have I'm sure you can find a template and then email the site owner about getting a print done.

Danneee

Worth a shot to check Tek Innovations. If they don't have I'm sure you can find a template and then email the site owner about getting a print done.

Thanks! I checked that site the other day for plexi for my HRAP4 stick but ended up buying a new stick instead:)
Can't believe I just forgot that they print custom art and provide templates too (I think).

Morinaga

I haven't posted this anywhere yet, but may as well start with GAF.

Arcade stick I designed and 3D printed and then painted. (Paint job could be better)

Siemitsu LS56
Seimitsu screw in buttons
Arduino for the LED controller
LEDs with designed Mounts for screw in buttons
Lasercut Acrylic and Aluminium control panel
steel rods to provide support within the printed parts
Brooks UFB
Venom artwork

https://img-new.cgtrader.com/items/745088/676f67d5ff/arcade-stick-case-3d-model-stl-dwg.jpg

https://img1.cgtrader.com/items/745088/eb6200f70f/arcade-stick-case-3d-model-stl-dwg.jpg

https://img-new.cgtrader.com/items/745088/ef41fa6f53/arcade-stick-case-3d-model-stl-dwg.jpg

https://img-new.cgtrader.com/items/745088/f3fdb368a1/arcade-stick-case-3d-model-stl-dwg.jpg

It's still hard to feel when a switch activates despite the better switches. If you're somebody used to that type of feedback, the 3rd gen still isn't good enough.

I'll echo this statement. There is little to no feedback as to when you switch. The best way I can describe how the stick feels is if you take out the switches the of JLF and add a slightly more tense spring; that's basically what it sounds and feels like. All you really feel and hear is the shaft hitting the gate.

Danneee

Arcade stick I designed and 3D printed and then painted. (Paint job could be better)

Siemitsu LS56
Brooks UFB
Venom artwork

https://img-new.cgtrader.com/items/745088/676f67d5ff/arcade-stick-case-3d-model-stl-dwg.jpg

https://img1.cgtrader.com/items/745088/eb6200f70f/arcade-stick-case-3d-model-stl-dwg.jpg

https://img-new.cgtrader.com/items/745088/ef41fa6f53/arcade-stick-case-3d-model-stl-dwg.jpg

https://img-new.cgtrader.com/items/745088/f3fdb368a1/arcade-stick-case-3d-model-stl-dwg.jpg

Very nice!
So you 3D printed the whole case? In smaller bits that you put together or just one big chunk?

Hassun

Neo Member

Siemitsu LS56
Brook UFB
Venom artwork

Arcade sticks seem really good candidates for 3D printing to me.
Would you mind telling me how the process went? Any issues?

Top Bottom