• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Community Thread |OT| Next Super Smash Bros. Discussion

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
We don’t really know when they actually start and when they would release the game Of course, I’m pretty sure that Smash NX is going to be out in the public within first 6 months of NX’s release date so it could be between March 2017 to September 2017. I think it might be a safe bet that it might come out after E3 2017. So that could meant we might get more than a year of development with the game but again, we don’t know the size of team, the budget and the development schedule which made it harder to predicts.

It took 13 months for Sakurai and his team(s) to get Super Smash Bros. Melee. ready for GameCube’s Launch date. It’s plausible that we might see same thing for Smash NX because they already have almost everything ready in term of assets for 1080p. So they don’t really need to start all over again with stages and characters because they are available at beginning with the assets from Smash 4 development. Having those assets ready might benefits them in a long run because all they could do is working on their port job to transfer everything from Smash 4 to Smash NX and make sure it would run on new console just fine without having bug occur or having game-breaking experience. I’m pretty sure with decent size team, they could have done those port job in 2-3 months easily, but again we have no clue about the team. My point is, 10 to 15 months might be enough for them to adding some kind of new contents to the game due to the fact that they already have assets ready.

As we already know that Sakura is one of the most proud developer in the game industry, and he always works so hard to please the fans and the audiences. I don’t think he is one of those developers that would approve the shortcut to release a straight port on new console (Straight Port aka 1:1 identical to previous game) and call it for a day. I’m not sure why we really have to find a need to doubt him on his ability and eagerness to please the fans and audiences.

My motto is "Always hope for the best but expect for the worst" so I found it easier to set my expectation aside and believe in Sakurai on what he think is right thing. If I’m wrong then I wouldn’t be disappointed.

I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment by expecting new characters in a hypothetical Smash NX.

I think everyone got their expectations in check this time. It's just us having a fun to speculate to see what would happens. To be honest, I think we should give Sakurai more credits than he got lately. I meant I don't think Sakurai would miss the opportunity to add more interesting characters in the game.

If the Smash NX port features additional characters, I doubt there's going to be a new Fire Emblem character. We're probably two years away from the next FE game.

We might get a new FE character in the next proper Smash Bros. game six years from now, but that's so far away that it's not even worth speculating.

I don't think we would get any Fire Emblem character anytime soon since we already got Corrin.

I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment by expecting new characters in a hypothetical Smash NX.

Totally agree. People are saying "Smash NX is going to add all the 3DS stages and a ton of new characters!" and I just don't see it. I really don't see Sakurai coming back to produce *that* much new stuff for Smash NX, especially considering the game already has an insane amount of content.

I'm thinking the Ice Climbers will return with maybe, like, Summit returning along with them so that they get their own stage. I'm not even confident about that, though, to be honest. I'd say there's a pretty decent chance that Smash NX won't have any new content at all; I just really, really hope unlocks, DLC, and records carry over from the Wii U version somehow. At the very least, DLC better...

Ah see Dinoman remembers,
it's a great roster but you know me by now, I just really wanted Dixie Kong, so while the roster is great there's still my twinge of disappointment.
Not in a "game is ruined and is poo!" way, just a kind of "seriously how has she not made the cut yet?"

Basically in context to Beef's post, I might as well hope Smash NX has a bit more to give even if the odds are slim, at this point if there's nothing at all ehhh I've endured worse, said disappointment wont be as impactful.

To reiterate, I think it's a fantastic roster on the whole.

I hear you, man. As much as I adore the roster - and I do - I'm shocked Dixie hasn't made the cut yet, and I really wish she had. She's a great character who is integral to the core DK cast at this point, and her absence next to DK and Diddy really sticks out in a negative way. I'm almost positive that the reason she hasn't made the cut is because Sakurai just couldn't work out a moveset for her that made her feel different enough from Diddy in his eyes, and I can't really argue with that since I'm not also a superstar game designer... but, argh. I feel like she could work.

I think Palutena's issues exist beyond her poorly utilized customs--I feel her normal moveset is poorly designed period. It's too busy and eclectic, in the sense that she does too many different things--she uses her staff, her shield, her halo, her feet, her wings, a laser beam--movesets feel more cohesive when they're centered around a few important aspects of the character. Only the inherently goofy or purposefully retro characters like Villager, Mega Man, and Game & Watch can get away with a moveset that busy looking. Never mind that her moves really don't work all that well in tandem with each other (without customs) and the attack speeds of her moves are all over the place with no real rhyme or reason. She's the newcomer in most dire need of an overhaul I think.

But someone brought up the Miis before and I really just honestly forget about them most of the time.

Zebei

I think Palutena's issues exist beyond her poorly utilized customs--I feel her normal moveset is poorly designed period. It's too busy and eclectic, in the sense that she does too many different things--she uses her staff, her shield, her halo, her feet, her wings, a laser beam--movesets feel more cohesive when they're centered around a few important aspects of the character. Only the inherently goofy or purposefully retro characters like Villager, Mega Man, and Game & Watch can get away with a moveset that busy looking. Never mind that her moves really don't work all that well in tandem with each other (without customs) and the attack speeds of her moves are all over the place with no real rhyme or reason. She's the newcomer in most dire need of an overhaul I think.

Pretty much. From my garbage tier-player's perspective she has very little, if any move synergy without customs. Her tilts are ass and take 3 years, her smashes aren't great and have weird windboxes too (although they help when they whiff at least), and her aerials are decent but not great.

And her specials synergize with none of them. Other than lightweight and super speed maybe but you can't even use those.

But someone brought up the Miis before and I really just honestly forget about them most of the time.
Because with how many steps are taken to make miis null, it seems like you're supposed to forget about them

The handling of miis and customs being so atrocious is my least favorite thing about this game so I may be biased but goddamn does it suck

I don't have that big an issue with the fact that she uses a lot of stuff in her attacks. I mean in general Palutena is a busy looking character with a lot going on in her overall design so whatever. I think her frame data is consistent in that nearly all of her grounded moves are very punishable while all of her aerial moves are quick and lagless. To me it seems they wanted to emphasize on using her aerials which is a good reason why Super Speed, Lightweight and imo Jump Glide help her a lot because they compliment that playstyle I think.

Palutena with customs on kinda reminds me of Sonic in that she's constantly flying and dancing around all over you. I think maybe her laggy tilts and smashes were done as a way to give the opponent some sort of a chance to keep up with her, because I mean let's face it, does anyone actually enjoy fighting Sonic, who has insane mobility and is also completely unpunishable? Atleast with Palu when she's using Lightweight, if she makes a mistake and uses her slow F-tilt that gives me some chance to keep up with her. Someone made an interesting theory about that: http://smashboards.com/threads/palu...ms-dont-seem-to-have-a-future-however.408375/

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Totally agree. People are saying "Smash NX is going to add all the 3DS stages and a ton of new characters!" and I just don't see it. I really don't see Sakurai coming back to produce *that* much new stuff for Smash NX, especially considering the game already has an insane amount of content.

I'm thinking the Ice Climbers will return with maybe, like, Summit returning along with them so that they get their own stage. I'm not even confident about that, though, to be honest. I'd say there's a pretty decent chance that Smash NX won't have any new content at all; I just really, really hope unlocks, DLC, and records carry over from the Wii U version somehow. At the very least, DLC better...

When you are talking about "people." Do you meant Gaffers in this thread or the followers of GameXplain? I don't really expect ton of new characters or/and every 3DS stages being added to superior version. I don't think most of members here actually expected that as well. I'm going to emphasize it pretty hard since people seem like to assume that we are expecting everything but I'm pretty sure that most of us don't expect anything for upcoming Smash. We are just in the group where we would expect the worst but hope for the best.

But I have a good feeling that we might get some new contents in order to attract people who already have 3DS/WiiU and their respective games. Honestly, Sakurai know the fact that people are interested in characters so he probably figure that it might be best solution to get people to buy new console and new smash by including new contents in superior version. Also he always push himself so hard to please the fans and trying to give them what they wanted.

Actually, I wonder if they created Smash Ballot because they are going to use the data for upcoming smash?

I hear you, man. As much as I adore the roster - and I do - I'm shocked Dixie hasn't made the cut yet, and I really wish she had. She's a great character who is integral to the core DK cast at this point, and her absence next to DK and Diddy really sticks out in a negative way. I'm almost positive that the reason she hasn't made the cut is because Sakurai just couldn't work out a moveset for her that made her feel different enough from Diddy in his eyes, and I can't really argue with that since I'm not also a superstar game designer... but, argh. I feel like she could work.

I think it's pretty easy and simple to make straightforward move set for Dixie but I just wonder if Sakurai would rather to make unique move set with interesting mechanism for the characters, like Shulk, Cloud, Ryu, Bayonetta, Rosalina, etc.

Also design document probably got completed in mid-2012, so it's a chance that Sakurai may not be aware of brand new Donkey Kong Country until it was too late. Since Sakurai emphasized on importance of timing. He commented on "timing" being important factor of including characters in the game. Robin was cited as an example.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't see how hard it is to handle the Mii Fighters when it come down to battles and creation mode, unless do you meant mii hats and costumes? I had an easy time to unlock everything so I have been using Mii Fighters on regular basis. Geno and Takamaru Mii Costume FTW!

Zebei

I don't see how hard it is to handle the Mii Fighters when it come down to battles and creation mode, unless do you meant mii hats and costumes? I had an easy time to unlock everything so I have been using Mii Fighters on regular basis. Geno and Takamaru Mii Costume FTW!

1. You aren't allowed to use them online (at least For Glory). This is huge and I still think it's one of the worst decisions made for smash For
2. Some places have mii fighters banned
3. If they aren't banned, there is a decent chance they either aren't set up or you have to use 1111 or whatever
4. None of them have the Viridi Mii costume equipped

An utter travesty of wasted potential, in part from the dev team and in part from the community

Miis not being allowed in random online was such a dumb decision

And then they go and allow Miis in tournament mode with random people and add a system to share and download Miis from strangers and the whole online restriction got more and more pointless

The weirdest thing about not being able to use Mii Fighters online is that the easiest solution is right there. If the problem is people making lewd/inappropriate faces, or them being too much to handle, just allow a default set of designs. Really surprised they opted to ban them altogether.

Here's something they could of always done, just give us the option to turn off Miis as well as custom moves for people who don't wanna deal with them. That's how Tourney Mode does it, they have some tournys that let you use them while they have others that don't. When you're making your own community tourny you're given the option to turn Miis and such on or off (you can even use your stupid Hitler miis and such). That should of been a matchmaking option within With Anyone.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Despite playing Mii Brawler a lot, I've not bought a single costume. I kind of prefer the generic stuff vs the character costumes.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
1. You aren't allowed to use them online (at least For Glory). This is huge and I still think it's one of the worst decisions made for smash For
2. Some places have mii fighters banned
3. If they aren't banned, there is a decent chance they either aren't set up or you have to use 1111 or whatever
4. None of them have the Viridi Mii costume equipped

An utter travesty of wasted potential, in part from the dev team and in part from the community

Fair enough but I always find some players to play with so I don't really need to go to For Glory mode.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The online banning them is silly, but that's just how it is and we can't really do much about it apart from moan and hope word travels back to Nintendo so a future Smash (thinking more Smash 5 rather than the NX port) doesn't repeat the same mistake.

But bans from the community is beyond silly. The option is there to play as them so why remove it? If it's about time, put responsibility on the player. If they want their exact Mii they have to turn up early with their QR code ready and four digit moveset code and someone can collect these all up and make the Miis quickly before the games begin. Doesn't take long if you have it all prepared. You won't be playing around with hats or outfits or badges or it wouldn't take long to do a load in one batch.

WetWaffle

So hyped for the next Smash. Been playing Melee on Dolphin, Got a Gamecube controller in the mail any day now, and non-stop For-Glorying with Sanic before the other residents keep whining for free-for all. I can only hope they make an extra effort for the NX version(like no hazards without omega, and bringing ice climbers back even if it's console exclusive).
Oh and fuck Corrin, and buff Sonic!

Sonic is probably one of the most miserable characters to fight against in this game, don't know why he would need any buffs quite frankly,

georly

The online banning them is silly, but that's just how it is and we can't really do much about it apart from moan and hope word travels back to Nintendo so a future Smash (thinking more Smash 5 rather than the NX port) doesn't repeat the same mistake.

But bans from the community is beyond silly. The option is there to play as them so why remove it? If it's about time, put responsibility on the player. If they want their exact Mii they have to turn up early with their QR code ready and four digit moveset code and someone can collect these all up and make the Miis quickly before the games begin. Doesn't take long if you have it all prepared. You won't be playing around with hats or outfits or badges or it wouldn't take long to do a load in one batch.

The silliest part of the online bans is that there *ARE* default miis, not only in the artwork, but in the amiibo themselves! Just let us use those online, even if 1111.

Jawmuncher

The weirdest thing about not being able to use Mii Fighters online is that the easiest solution is right there. If the problem is people making lewd/inappropriate faces, or them being too much to handle, just allow a default set of designs. Really surprised they opted to ban them altogether.

Especially odd when doing so killed any reason to buy costumes really

Hacking lets you use Miis, via just enabling them on the CSS. I don't believe you get banned or anything because Miis are legal characters.

But anyway, changes I'd make to Miis

- Allow online, fully. Size, face, costume, move set. No equipment. Just like tournament mode.
- Add to All Star. Just add three Miis to the 2006 stage, using the Multi-Man skins and 1111 move sets. "Home" Stage is Wuhu Island.
- Require one of each type of Mii to count for unlocking All Star
- Add the Multi-Man skin as an unlockable costume for all three types (beat 10 man Smash with all 58 characters + whatever extra characters they add)
- Allow Miis to show up when using Random
- Allow Miis to show up as random foes in Master/Crazy Orders
- Use the announcer lines specific for each type that are unused

Ryce

I think Palutena's issues exist beyond her poorly utilized customs--I feel her normal moveset is poorly designed period. It's too busy and eclectic, in the sense that she does too many different things--she uses her staff, her shield, her halo, her feet, her wings, a laser beam--movesets feel more cohesive when they're centered around a few important aspects of the character. Only the inherently goofy or purposefully retro characters like Villager, Mega Man, and Game & Watch can get away with a moveset that busy looking.
I'm not sure what you mean. Tons of characters use "many different things."

Mario - hands, feet, head, fire, cape, F.L.U.D.D.
Link - sword, feet, bow, boomerang, bombs, Triforce
Samus - hands, feet, cannon, missiles, Morph Ball, bombs, giant laser
Yoshi - hands, feet, head, tongue, butt, eggs, wings/fire
Kirby - hands, feet, mouth, hammer, cutter, stone, Ultra Sword
Fox - hands, feet, tail, blaster, body, reflector, Landmaster
Ness - hands, feet, head, bat, yo-yo, generic PK, fire, thunder, falling stars
Peach - hands, feet, butt, hearts, rainbow, Toad, parasol, vegetables
Pit - feet, blades, bow, Upperdash Arm, wings, Guardian Orbitars, Three Sacred Treasures

...You get the idea.

How is Palutena any different? Her staff and shield are her trademark weapons, and she's the goddess ruler of Angel Land, which is why she uses wings and a halo. Palutena grants Pit access to tons of disparate magic powers in Uprising, which is why she has a bunch of unique custom specials in Smash.

Zebei

- Allow online, fully. Size, face, costume, move set. No equipment. Just like tournament mode.
- Add to All Star. Just add three Miis to the 2006 stage, using the Multi-Man skins and 1111 move sets.
- Require one of each type of Mii to count for unlocking All Star
- Allow Miis to show up when using Random
- Allow Miis to show up as random foes in Master/Crazy Orders
- Use the announcer lines specific for each type that are unused
I know i'm harping on the miis a lot but it's crazy how many things they are excluded from

If it weren't for how much content was given to them (that we can't use!) you would think they were just an afterthought.

Hell, they don't even have a token for the 3ds version's Street smash :/

Buff Falco until he's actually worth using
Please

WetWaffle

Sonic is probably one of the most miserable characters to fight against in this game, don't know why he would need any buffs quite frankly,

Wellll, his up and back throw could kill a little quicker. Sonic in general just needs improving, rather than actual buffs tbh. His down+b is just an inferior version of his side+b. I hate having to use the side+b to get some actually good combos, they usually don't work the rest of the time. They literally could have looked into any of his games, and found a better option for his down smash. He's just in a ball too much and the sound can get very tiring( There was one evo match where sonic characters were doing almost nothing but hammer spin dashes, can't find it though). Also he needs to be a trolling character again The "You're too slow!" and "Come on! Step it up!" were golden.

woopWOOP

I thought paid mii costumes were the dumbest thing, but then a friend and I did a couple of nights of 1v1 battles on crappy custom stages we could find uploadded, playing with crappy custom builds and crappy mii fighters. Now I bought 3/4th of that stuff. The only ones I skipped were the fugly and/or useless ones, like the Capt. Falcon suit, Fox suit and Tails outfit.

Starfox suit would be kind of neat, but the fox tail kind of ruins it.

Like I said, Palutena's character design in general is pretty "busy and eclectic" in of itself.

Palutena,_Kid_Icarus_Uprising.png

Most of her design is basically asymmetrical, hell she only wears one stocking lol.

Ryce

Also design document probably got completed in mid-2012, so it's a chance that Sakurai may not be aware of brand new Donkey Kong Country until it was too late. Since Sakurai emphasized on importance of timing. He commented on "timing" being important factor of including characters in the game. Robin was cited as an example.
Yeah, I just think Dixie was unlucky. With the exception of Duck Hunt, who was explicitly included as a surprise character, each of the Smash 4 newcomers played major roles in games released between 2007 and 2013. (Even 2013 is pushing it, considering Greninja was originally penciled in as “new Pokémon.”)

Mii - too many games to list
Rosalina & Luma - Super Mario Galaxy (2007), Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010)
Wii Fit Trainer - Wii Fit (2007), Wii Fit Plus (2009)
Little Mac - Punch-Out!! (2009)
Villager - Animal Crossing: City Folk (2008), Animal Crossing: New Leaf (2012)
Palutena - Kid Icarus: Uprising (2012)
Robin - Fire Emblem Awakening (2012)
Bowser Jr. - New Super Mario Bros. Wii (2009), New Super Mario Bros. U (2012)
Shulk - Xenoblade Chronicles (2010)
Greninja - Pokémon X/Y (2013)

Sakurai probably didn’t know about Tropical Freeze when he was finalizing the roster in April 2012, which is why the game only received a few trophies and song rips.

jnWake

Yeah, I just think Dixie was unlucky. With the exception of Duck Hunt, who was explicitly included as a surprise character, each of the Smash 4 newcomers played major roles in games released between 2007 and 2013. (Even 2013 is pushing it, considering Greninja was originally penciled in as “new Pokémon.”)

Sakurai probably didn’t know about Tropical Freeze when he was finalizing the roster in April 2012, which is why the game only received a few trophies and song rips.

Lucina and Dark Pit rekt.

Ryce was obviously talking about Sakurai's initial planning process for Smash 4. We already know that Dark Pit and Lucina were planned as alt costumes that happened to become their own characters at the last second, so that's probably why Ryce didn't mention them.

Even still, they're also pretty recent with Uprising and Awakening.

Golnei

What's the easiest way to convert audio to .nus3bank manually? Going through brstm via the online converter doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

Sami+

I miss Halberd as a legal stage. Same with Clock Tower. There's also no damn reason why Peach's Castle 64 is illegal.

Yeah Halberd, Umbra, and Delfino were fun counter picks and mixed things up a lot. Bums me out that the legal stage list is getting smaller.

Mega Man and Pac-Man rekt too, though I suppose their status as cassic third-party gaming icons makes them an exception. ;)

When you are talking about "people." Do you meant Gaffers in this thread or the followers of GameXplain? I don't really expect ton of new characters or/and every 3DS stages being added to superior version. I don't think most of members here actually expected that as well. I'm going to emphasize it pretty hard since people seem like to assume that we are expecting everything but I'm pretty sure that most of us don't expect anything for upcoming Smash. We are just in the group where we would expect the worst but hope for the best.

Neither, specifically; this is just the completely anecdotal indication I've gotten from various sources (GAF posts, GameXplain fans, Twitter, YouTube comments, my own network of gaming friends, etc.). Of course, there are plenty of people here who don't think we're getting a ton of extra stuff too - it's just that in my personal experience, most of the people I've talked to or threads I've lurked in about the topic seem to come to the conclusion that Smash NX is undoubtedly going to have a ton of new content, and I just don't think that that's the case. I'd love for it to be, though!

And yeah, I agree with you that Dixie's situation is likely at least partially a case of unfortunate/weird timing. :(

What's the easiest way to convert audio to .nus3bank manually? Going through brstm via the online converter doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

http://www.smashcustommusic.com/

All you have to do is find a game and click on a track from it and there should be a drop down menu that says "Download or add to template for". Scroll down and select "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U" and it should give you a list of all the music tracks in the game.

When you find the music track you want to replace, click on it and download the .nus3bank.

Zebei

Yeah Halberd, Umbra, and Delfino were fun counter picks and mixed things up a lot. Bums me out that the legal stage list is getting smaller.

Wait Delfino and Halberd are banned? I haven't been able to keep up with smash as much as I have wanted to but I kind of just assumed they were counterpicks nobody picked. Damn

(No comment on Umbra because I never bought Bayo or Corrin because college)

Golnei

When you find the music track you want to replace, click on it and download the .nus3bank.

I'm aware of that, I was asking about manually converting audio, since a lot of the music I want to use was never uploaded there. I know it used to be possible to use the site to convert a given brstm file to nus3bank, but upload functionality seems to have been suspended.

Golnei

I haven't seen a beta Phazon Suit texture yet, so I thought I'd see how it looked on the Smash 4 model.

stest6esfn.png

It's kind of missing something without the glowing green strips, but I'm not sure if it'd look okay to add them to the texture on their own. In any case, I'll try and reinsert it now to see how it looks ingame.

Oh right, yeah the site owner's disabled uploads for the time being.

https://www.facebook.com/brawlcustommusic/?fref=nf

That's a shame, it doesn't seem like he has any intention of reinstating them any time soon. Contacting them might be an option, but it probably won't do much good if I haven't uploaded anything on the site before.

I'm not sure what you mean. Tons of characters use "many different things."

Mario - hands, feet, head, fire, cape, F.L.U.D.D.
Link - sword, feet, bow, boomerang, bombs, Triforce
Samus - hands, feet, cannon, missiles, Morph Ball, bombs, giant laser
Yoshi - hands, feet, head, tongue, butt, eggs, wings/fire
Kirby - hands, feet, mouth, hammer, cutter, stone, Ultra Sword
Fox - hands, feet, tail, blaster, body, reflector, Landmaster
Ness - hands, feet, head, bat, yo-yo, generic PK, fire, thunder, falling stars
Peach - hands, feet, butt, hearts, rainbow, Toad, parasol, vegetables
Pit - feet, blades, bow, Upperdash Arm, wings, Guardian Orbitars, Three Sacred Treasures

...You get the idea.

How is Palutena any different? Her staff and shield are her trademark weapons, and she's the goddess ruler of Angel Land, which is why she uses wings and a halo. Palutena grants Pit access to tons of disparate magic powers in Uprising, which is why she has a bunch of unique custom specials in Smash.
By normal moves I meant A button moves only, so a lot of those characters have their "things" cut down significantly. Most normal movesets (outside of goofy gimmick characters like Villager and Game & Watch and what have you) typically focus on one or two things, and this is especially true for weapon wielding characters. Link's is based entirely on his sword save two kick moves, Meta Knight is entirely sword based outside one kick, Dedede is even more hammer focused than he was in Brawl, etc. It makes for a more visually cohesive design. I think the one thing that would help Palutena in this regard is replacing her two aerial where she kicks, especially her forward aerial, which both looks and feels really out of place in her moveset.

I've said this before but my main fear here is that she's just going to continue to be unlucky in this regard. Tropical Freeze was too recent to make a difference for SSB4, but it didn't light the charts on fire or have a sustaining effect on Nintendo afterwards, so... what becomes of Dixie in the future? If Smash NX adds new characters I can only imagine that they're going to be veterans, guests, or those that could be used for promotional purposes, and, well...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Just humor me.

Assuming the NX port gets additional content, these are the six characters I'd most like to see added.

RWyRMej.png

WwKgrgI.png

AtqW6kJ.png

cchtopT.png

fUpTVud.png

qB5ho68.png

Ice Climbers - Veteran
Dixie - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Feb 2014)
Inkling - Splatoon (May 2015)
Rhythm Heaven Representative - (June 2015)
Wolf - Veteran and Star Fox Zero (April 2016)
New Pokemon - (November 2016)

If Sakurai is going to do his design document for Smash NX so it have to happens between October 2015 to February 2016. It's possible that it could happens early. He might have to review the games that got released between mid-2012 to 2016 so there are several games that he potentially check out, like Wonderful 101, Pokemon ORAS, Style Savvy, etc. Also Mysterious Murasama Castle is out in the West so Sakurai can't really use region only as his excuse to dismiss Takamaru anymore. Sakurai is interested to bring Geno on the table for playable character as well, since they are getting chummy with Square-Enix as well. Snake still have a chance, but it's like 0.0001%.

It's hard to predict what would happens with the characters but Inkling is only character that might have a good shot at become playable character in Smash NX if we are getting a new content.

I aways thought it would be cool if we are going to get 6 more characters for Smash NX to push the character numbers to 64 which would be a nice nod to Smash's first console, Nintendo 64.

before people telling me that I'm tripping. I don't expect anything tho! :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Edited: Sorry about double post. I didn't really meant to. >.<

Regard with my previous comment on Design Doucment, It's a possible that Smash Ballot's data might have some influence. I'm not sure how powerful influential it could be for the roster.

I know SouceGaming's chart doesn't meant anything but I'm using it as example so please be bear with me on this one.

Look at Roy, Cloud and Bayonetta, and all of them got in the game via DLC. Ryu also is placed at #32. If Sakurai see any potential in the characters from Smash Ballot then he would consider it very well.
It's possible that we could see King K. Rool as Secret Retro character in upcoming Smash. :V

Zebei

Edited: Sorry about double post. I didn't really meant to. >.<

Regard with my previous comment on Design Doucment, It's a possible that Smash Ballot's data might have some influence. I'm not sure how powerful influential it could be for the roster.

I know SouceGaming's chart doesn't meant anything but I'm using it as example so please be bear with me on this one.

Look at Roy, Cloud and Bayonetta, and all of them got in the game via DLC. Ryu also is placed at #32. If Sakurai see any potential in the characters from Smash Ballot then he would consider it very well.
It's possible that we could see King K. Rool as Secret Retro character in upcoming Smash. :V

I still question the validity of that "poll"

It wasn't even a poll but just seeing how many times a name popped up in social media and given points based on a subjective criteria. It gets linked way too many times and too often with how little credibility it potentially has. I know Source Gaming is all about credibility but I will never agree with the existence of that poll :X

What's worse is if you read the article it implies full knowledge the poll isn't going to be accurate but the poll is titled as if they don't and kind of contradicts the article.

Regarding your actual post, the power of the ballot depends on how early development started.

If it REALLY began at that smash 6 listing it would probably have no input and its effect would primarily be for smash 6/7/whatever you want to call it.

If development and character selection is more recent you can bet your ass the ballot will have a pretty big effect. No reason not to use all of that data they collected and only use it on a single character.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Art of the day:

I still question the validity of that "poll"

It wasn't even a poll but just seeing how many times a name popped up in social media and given points based on a subjective criteria. It gets linked way too many times and too often with how little credibility it potentially has. I know Source Gaming is all about credibility but I will never agree with the existence of that poll :X

What's worse is if you read the article it implies full knowledge the poll isn't going to be accurate but the poll is titled as if they don't and kind of contradicts the article.

Regarding your actual post, the power of the ballot depends on how early development started.

If it REALLY began at that smash 6 listing it would probably have no input and its effect would primarily be for smash 6/7/whatever you want to call it.

If development and character selection is more recent you can bet your ass the ballot will have a pretty big effect. No reason not to use all of that data they collected and only use it on a single character.

The problem with Smash 6 job listing is that it asked for 80 more workers (which would push toward to 200 people team and the release date is 2015, which is pretty much DLC team. When Sakurai said his DLC team is small, I'm pretty certain that I didn't think that 200 men team is that SMALL. Did Sakurai mention anything about Smash 4 team's size in any article or interview?

Jawmuncher

Seeing Bandanna Dee over Inklings makes me wonder if we can really trust japan. I kind of like how Sakurai doesn't exactly listen to polls.

Given how comparatively niche he is nowadays I think it still says a lot K. Rool got a Mii Costume over a ton of way bigger characters.

Unless support dies down if the next Smash (whether NX is a proper sequel/half-quel or there's a future Smash 5) if the roster goes more fan-service-y/cultish with its picks I could see him, Ashley, Geno and those types of characters who have a ton of demand but aren't necessarily major characters anymore get a proper shot at being playable.

Given how comparatively niche he is nowadays I think it still says a lot K. Rool got a Mii Costume over a ton of way bigger characters.

Unless support dies down if the next Smash (whether NX is a proper sequel/half-quel or there's a future Smash 5) if the roster goes more fan-service-y/cultish with its picks I could see him, Ashley, Geno and those types of characters who have a ton of demand but aren't necessarily major characters anymore get a proper shot at being playable.

I think each of those three is a little distinct in their odds, but yeah. Geno is the closest one to being a massive deal, and that's pretty much entirely because of the weird cult demand for him starting in Brawl.

What's bizarre about Ashley is that despite the series diving into irrelevancy, you still see her in a lot of WarioWare-related promotions, like the Mario Maker costume and the Nintendo Badge Arcade.

I just wish WarioWare was relevant again. :(

Top Bottom