• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - Oct 23(US) & Oct 24 (JP/EU)

Teknoman

holy crap... my internet died just in the middle of the "share" feature... I totally missed mewtwo.

btw... I didn't get the 8 players mode... is online only? or can it be played locally too?... if so... how?, I'm confused. WiiU supports 8 controllers?

Local only.

3bdelilah

Banned
Honestly, 8-player Smash sounds much better on paper than actually seeing it. 4-player Smash was already pretty hectic, but this is ridiculous, haha. Cool as a feature though, but I'll probably won't use it a lot. Except maybe with the Big Battlefield stage, all the other stages looked hectic as SHIT with 8-players.

Nesther

This direct was absolutely amazing, I had tears in my eyes at some of those announcements.

I cannot wait for this any longer, I'll probably need to freeze myself until then.

Timeaisis

People are all excited for Mewtwo and all, and it was damn exciting to see him in the end, butt I'm way more excited about all that other new shit they mentioned.

careksims

OMFG!!!! That was an incredible Direct. I have no words! GOTY! I can't believe it's going to be next month! Free OST and Mewtwo!? I'm ready! So ready!

Also, I'm more convinced than ever that Chrom will be DLC too. Lucina's trailer seemed to heavily hint at it and the fact that he's got his own icon and appears in Palutena's chats makes me think he's on the way.

An-Det

The Mewtwo dlc doesn't appear to be time-limited like the soundtrack, so picking up a cheap 3DS version in a sale later on seems like a fine option.

So much content though, goddamn. Definitely getting the digital version so it's always available to me.

That was pretty disappointing IMO. Only good things were event mode, Mewtwo, and the Jr. trailer.

Fuck me, some people will piss and whine about anything.

Donkey Kong stage with 2 planes, tournaments, a vastly improved stage builder, Master/Crazy Orders, Event Mode, etc aren't "good things"?

8-player simultaneous play isn't a "good thing"?

I'm so glad right now. The 3DS version was a huge letdown to me, since it felt like everything but the core-gameplay received a huge downgrade. The Wii U version on the hand looks like exactly the kind of Smash experience I'm interested in.

I'd throw the 3DS cart in the trash, but I still want that Mewtwo. :p
Have you registered the game on Club Nintendo? The direct made it sound like you would be sent the DLC code for both versions when they were ready.

No Subspace announced and movie section shown. I am worried its not in the game
Why would Sakurai be like "I'm not doing another SSE, You all hated playing it and just watched the FMVs on youtube" if he was going to include it.

It is gone. Also the character trailers I feel replaced it.

Seriously, can someone explain how 1080p 60fps 8 players...is possible?
They said it was slightly lower quality. But given you're only allowed to play on giant stages with the camera zoomed out it will be hard to notice.

AdanVC

This are the Worldwide Trends on Twitter right now:
jfimj1e.jpg

#TheHypeIsReal #WiiUSaved

Top Bottom