• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - Oct 23(US) & Oct 24 (JP/EU)

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Can someone explain me why everyone is so obsessed about having Ridley in SSB?
I mean Ridley is cool, but on the other sider he is big and he flies and I don't see how he integrates in game well.

Maybe I'm missing something, lol.

Because the only rep Metroid has is literally Samus and Ridley is a important character in the series.

georly

8 Player smash is, without a doubt, the best thing I could have hoped for. 6 people in the house w/ kids who don't like taking turns = no more taking turns in smash bros.

We can now have larger teams to make things fair, too. All the good players can be by themselves while all the kids, bad players can share a team. Or we can pair good + bad for each team, which is also good. 2 v 2 v 2 is great!

Vinci

Danish
Pretty sure I saw 10 threads on the front page about Smash Bros. It was like an explosion with debris everywhere. Must've been a very good Direct. Haven't gone through it all yet.

He had to leave for a little bit back to Seattle. It wasn't hard to surmise, but he didn't give details, and I didn't press. As both a developer and a voice actor myself, I have to respect NDA's.

Oh yeah, I suppose that would have been a big giveaway. Pretty fucking cool either way. Tell him he did a good job from us!

georly

I missed it! where was it?!

IcLFRvu.jpg

pistachio

Banned
Looks great, but there's gotta be more stages to unlock, right? A lot of them seem to be ported from past games... No new Mother/Earthbound stage for Wii U?

ciD_Vain

Looks great, but there's gotta be more stages to unlock, right? A lot of them seem to be ported from past games... No new Mother/Earthbound stage for Wii U?

Yes most definitely. It would be awkward for the two starfox stages to not be together like in this pic

entry13-1.jpg

dvolovets

Guys, I just noticed something...

smash.png

Dixie, Wolf, Lucas, (?), and Impa? Why would these characters wear exactly the costumes that represent those characters and also be together?

Camjo-Z

smash.png

Dixie, Wolf, Lucas, (?), and Impa? Why would these characters wear exactly the costumes that represent those characters and also be together?

Aside from the fact that that's Toon Link and not Ness, Pikachu and Olimar aren't using default palettes either, so I'm guessing they're all just randomized.

Platy

What was the single player adventure type mode called they showed?

It showed a character like some 2D/3D stage dungeon

Master Fortress

That is the final stage of Master Core in higher dificulties.... becomes so big that you have to ENTER it to defeat.

georly

No, he's saying they're wearing the alt colors based on those characters: Dixie, Wolf, Impa, etc.

Those are tetra colors, no? Which Impa would they match?

smash.png

Pikachu has goggles on and your fail to mention pichu? Shame on you.

Alt-pichu.jpg

Shahadan

Wait, this was in the Direct?... I totally missed that. Only in Japan maybe?

There was a lot of hilarious photos when they showed the drawing mode. If I wasn't so tired I would screen some of them, they deserve to be posted somewhere.

Also Kirby has PS+

Pizza

smash.png

im less convinced of Lucas and Impa, but the fact that Dixie-colored Diddy and Wolf-colored Fox are side-by-side in the longest row could be a hint at something.

maybe they'll be stage bosses!

Crocodile

If Sakurai et al. want to add Dixie and Wof as DLC to the game, some characters already in the game having their primary colors won't mean shit.

deleted

Do we know if the names and profiles are gone?

I am accustomed to seeing my name on the screen and not P1-P8. I think it makes it easier to find out who is who...
Also it would be sad if we would not be able to battle it out for a few weeks and then compare profiles in the stats.

Top Bottom