• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Japan Demo Impressions

D-Pad is always for taunts in Smash games and they have never let you map the D-Pad to movement on anything other than the single Wiimote for Brawl.

Seriously? Are people saying it plays fine with the circle pad? I avoid that thing like the plague, but i guess tilts are impossible with the d-pad.

Fierce Deity Link, Dixie colors, and Alph confirmed.

Posted by Zipzo on Smashboards (I rotated the pic).

Masked Man is sharing more info in the official GAF thread as well if you wanna flip through.

So if all the alt costume rumors are true:

Dark Pit confirmed (because Pit has no Dark Pit alt similar to Brawl, and people loved that thing), Dixie deconfirmed, Wolf deconfirmed

Masked Man is sharing more info in the official GAF thread as well if you wanna flip through.

From that portrait Link looks pretty good. Alph is great!

Hate the Dixie colors because not only do they look bad but they basically deconfirm Dixie. I can only hope for DLC now. At least Sakurai knows who see is.

NEO0MJ

That's pretty cool. Wish we got more Pikmin leaders but other than Alph the rest have pretty different body shapes and sizes from Olimar.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
From that portrait Link looks pretty good. Alph is great!

Hate the Dixie colors because not only do they look bad but they basically deconfirm Dixie. I can only hope for DLC now. At least Sakurai knows who see is.

Diddy had the same color scheme in brawl so it doesnt confirm nor disconfirm her

Dr. Buni

Diddy had the same color scheme in brawl so it doesnt confirm nor disconfirm her
It makes her inclusion a bit less likely. If she is in, they would have removed Diddy's "Dixie" alt colors. Though they didn't remove Mario's "Wario" alt colors in Brawl, so there is that.

Pompadour

It makes her inclusion a bit less likely. If she is in, they would have removed Diddy's "Dixie" alt colors. Though they didn't remove Mario's "Wario" alt colors in Brawl, so there is that.

I think that we have already seen the final roster for Smash. If Dixie is in, she'll be DLC.

It makes her inclusion way less likely. If she was in, they would have removed Diddy's "Dixie" alt colors. Though they didn't remove Mario's "Wario" alt colors in Brawl, so there is that.

I said the same thing earlier about Mario's Wario colors, but when you really think about it, Diddy is far more similar in design to Dixie than Mario is to Wario, so if she were to be playable, it'd be a bit jarring to have a character whose alternate palette practically matches her appearance, so they'd probably modify it or remove it entirely. I could easily be wrong of course.

Dr. Buni

I think that we have already seen the final roster for Smash. If Dixie is in, she'll be DLC.
I don't think we have, but I am okay with the leaked roster, even though Ridley isn't there.
I said the same thing earlier about Mario's Wario colors, but when you really think about it, Diddy is far more similar in design to Dixie than Mario is to Wario, so if she were to be playable, it'd be a bit jarring to have a character whose alternate palette practically matches her appearance, so they'd probably modify it or remove it entirely. I could easily be wrong of course.
You are right, but then we have the case of Pit having a black-colored alt, even though Dark Pit is a playable character. It is weird, so I will stay on the "Dixie is not disconfirmed, only very unlikely" team.

RoySFNR

How come?
I thought MCY was more popular in tournaments/battles.

Only because doubles are the standard they push in their own tournaments. X is more popular in every other format.

MegaZard X has been used in basically every promotion too including Pokemon Origin.

Zubz

Banned

Does DK even move in that first clip?

Seriously Nintendo, just buy Mega Man already...

I know. It seems weird that he's there. I mean, he fits in more than Pac-Man (Who between Kirby, Pikachu, and Luma would blend in), and I know many of the other characters aren't even that well-liked in Japan, but it still seems suspect that Mega Man's in that group shot. Maybe they're planning on it?

I know. It seems weird that he's there. I mean, he fits in more than Pac-Man (Who between Kirby, Pikachu, and Luma would blend in), and I know many of the other characters aren't even that well-liked in Japan, but it still seems suspect that Mega Man's in that group shot. Maybe they're planning on it?

I don't think it's weird that Mega Man is in there, every Mega Man series (save for Legends) has a LONG history on Nintendo consoles. The weirder one is Pac-Man, but Bandai Namco is developing this so I think they're allowed a guest in there

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't think it's weird that Mega Man is in there, every Mega Man series (save for Legends) has a LONG history on Nintendo consoles. The weirder one is Pac-Man, but Bandai Namco is developing this so I think they're allowed a guest in there

Miyamoto made a Pac-man game and has gone of record saying it is his favourite non-Nintendo character.

I'm gonna need QR codes friend.
QR codes pls.
Mayu is AKB48's Mario and I'm cool with that :p
Oh, sure! Sorry for not replying before, forgot to check this thread again.
These are 10 of the most famous members that I've made Miis of. I've got more, so if you want others, just ask, I'm happy to share.
AKB48_Mii_QR_Codes.jpg
I quoted the image because I didn't want to clutter the thread. If it's too small, just copy and paste the url into a new tab in your browser. It'll be bigger then. Hope everything works!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Seriously? Are people saying it plays fine with the circle pad? I avoid that thing like the plague, but i guess tilts are impossible with the d-pad.
I can confirm the circle pad blows. It blows so hard (along with shit visibility of 3DS screen) that I can't really take this version seriously. It's just casual smash to me.

Mistle

feels fantastic to me. can perform any move without worry. obviously a joystick is better, but the circle pad is no hinderance

Top Bottom