• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross posting from what I posted on another forum, so that you don't have to do one for Ganondorf, JoeInky. Here's his custom moves:

Custom B 2: Similar to his normal B, but with a sword that greatly extends the range of the attack, and comes out a little faster. It loses some power, but with the super armor and range, its a very, very usable move in combat.
[.
Should have been his regular B.

Kangi

Neutral Special 2 (Rising PK Flash)

yvgdkYa.jpg

Can be detonated practically instantly, it's the opposite of the default PK Flash in that the horizontal distance it covers is negligible but it will constantly move upwards instead of for a set period, will go from the bottom of Battlefield right to the top of the screen.

Does 5% at minimum charge and only 23% at max charge, the blast radius is about twice the size of the default NSpecial though.

The large blast radius and high vertical distance means it's quite useful as a move for getting players falling to the stage.

Move still puts you into special fall.

Mm. Ness having the option for a more viable upward kill move sounds good to me. It's not like the yo-yo is doing its job, anyway.

I think default magnet will be my go-to, though. Don't like the sound of more endlag on a niche shield, and the exploding version doesn't look all that useful.

I would like to see,
But no online sadddens me.
He's moves just play wierd,
Or maybe the controls just interfered.

He/she requires a lot of set up. Took me a bit to get used to his/her moveset. But it's worth it. Especially if you're playing against more than one person. Dat tree.

ant1532

Banned
as someone who personally dislikes the physics and gameplay of brawl and prefers melee/n64 how does this game seem from the demo?

EhoaVash

no matter what i do.... L and R just dont feel good/right to me. especially on a 2ds where it doesnt even feel like im clicking anything

i want gc controller

JoeInky

as someone who personally dislikes the physics and gameplay of brawl and prefers melee/n64 how does this game seem from the demo?

Your mileage may vary, it's not as bad as Brawl ever was, but the game is still a very defensive game.

Combos are back as well, but the hitstun is a bit too low and certain characters have a ot of needlessly high endlag that they're no way near as prevalent as Melee and 64.

Sakura

It's been about a hundred years since I played the original, but I think it feels more like the N64 version than Brawl? Or at the very least, I used to main Pikachu on the N64 and Pikachu here feels very familiar to me,

no matter what i do.... L and R just dont feel good/right to me. especially on a 2ds where it doesnt even feel like im clicking anything

i want gc controller
Seriously I hate playing games when I know im fucking up due to the control method

It's been about a hundred years since I played the original, but I think it feels more like the N64 version than Brawl? Or at the very least, I used to main Pikachu on the N64 and Pikachu here feels very familiar to me,
My EXACT feelings pikachu has returned

Nosgoroth

Demo impressions!

I can't seem to combine A/B attacks properly, instead havi g to focus on one type at a time. I really can't jump without TTJ and I wish I could. I also keep trying to use L to roll and R to throw items. Man, I really miss the GC ABXY layout right about now. I also wish L and R were swapped in function. I also wish the demo had access to control remapping WHY DOESN'T IT.

This demo is actually making me sort of want to wait until Smash Wii U is out with the GC adapter. It's not going to happen, but seriously.

Haldinian

Brace yourself. Little Mac is easily countered :(
Ship! Well, even with that it still is one of my most wanted characters to play with.

Hello mah boi! Welcome to GAF and more importantly Smash GAF. Platinum edition!
Platinum always feels better, and even more if it gives demos with unlimited uses. Thanks for the welcome!

Smash feels amazing in a portable, but I'm having a bit of a hard time getting used to the Circle Pad for this game, specially when turning drastically and trying to do tilts but getting Smash attacks or jumps accidentally.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
My current Ganon setup:
+Speed 21 -Attack 14
Custom Up B that doesn't hug but instead has a knee-like sweetspot
Custom Standard B that has better range, is slightly quicker, albeit less powerful, and has fucking super armor.
Custom Side B that's quick, great for recovery, eats through shield, and has decent knock back
Custom Down B that goes further on ground, and meteor smashes/spikes (donno which) in air.
It's really, really good. Not exactly like project m in function, but definitely in purpose. It's a hard hitting, fairly speeding, great at entering any situation machine.

Oh yeah. Have to wonder if Ganondorf can now tank a full power Eruption or a Pocketed Tree with that ability.

Bowser is broken

No he is just awesome.

Whoa I just noticed that B Reversing is back.

I actually B reversed with Villager's pocket and managed to catch a Metal Blade. I feel like a pro.

SoulUnison

Banned
Why is Shulk first on the Third Party row of the CSS?

It bugs me they're not in chronological order, but I guess Shulk is technically first party?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So does anyone know how saving replays works because my plan was to aimlessly upload Smash 3DS matches up on my YT channel.

Anyone have Megaman combos?

I don't get the point of Leaf Shield.

JoeInky, characters I would love custom move debriefs on:
Bowser
Charizard
Samus

Your Ness writeup was perfection.

Formless

I really like doing ume shoryus with Megaman. I can only kill with dsmash, fsmash, and the shoryuken, but dsmash seems pretty bad on CPUs at least.

SoulUnison

Banned
Anyone have Megaman combos?

I don't get the point of Leaf Shield.

JoeInky, characters I would love custom move debriefs on:
Bowser
Charizard
Samus

Your Ness writeup was perfection.

Leaf Shield is weird as hell. I didn't expect it to restrict you from doing anything else while it's active. It also does absolutely crap damage/knockback as a projectile, and is one of the most telegraphed moves in the game since once it's deployed it's all you can do.. Because of that I can't really find a good use for it.

All of Mega's stock Specials seem really underwhelming, actually. Except maybe Rush Coil - it's not a bad recovery.

Ragus

Banned
I sometimes have problems with positioning after rolling forward. It feels like one time I'm facing the opponent and sometimes all his sees is my back, as I attack the air.

Durden77

Damn I gotta slow down on this demo. I've probably already put about 3 hours into it.

I'm just so happy that not only does Link just not feel like shit to play anymore, I actually really like playing as him! He and Mega Man are my two favorites from the demo.

Fuck I love Mega Man. Has ANYONE found a use for the leaf shield though? I can't stress enough how horrible this move seems and it's just disappointing.

Ragus

Banned
How are you going to customize your comtrol scheme?

B - jump
Y - attack
X - special

What do you think bout that? First time smash player here.

I only had access to a Classic Controller for a few weeks so I'm honestly used to this control scheme now. Everything feels natural.

Though, I feel like I have trouble doing DSmashes. Everything else, especially the tilts, I have no problem doing.

It's nice Ganondorf has customs that give him his sword, but I question why these weren't just his regular specials to make him an original character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom