• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT2| Nintendo All-Stars Battle Quarter Pounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Those saying that Marth sucks now are crazy :lol.

Yeah, he's not as ridiculous as he used to be, but oh my fucking lord at those sweet spots.

He has his knock back and damage sure, but his approach game and relative safety after attacking both saw decent nerfs. I wonder how that'll change with the new ground movement techs though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| I want to dive lost mind
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| Hajime no Mac

I saw it literally the day it went up and instantly got 3000% more hype for the Wii U version. I don't want to break this 3DS before I unlock all these customs and have them unlock on the Wii U version.

Oh heck yeah. I like that reference. After Little Mac got announced, I decided to read Ippo and caught up it under a month and half or so.

|OT| Yoshi

The true top tier.
Fui8q95.gif
Seriously, out of all the characters I've faced so far Yoshi is the only one I really don't have any good answers for, especially if I'm above him. Yoshi's egg toss has very little down time now so he can keep me up in the air for awhile if he wants to, and if I try to air dodge through the barrage that's an easy uair or usmash for him. I'm a pretty suicidal ROB, but I do try to anticipate where my opponent will be or where my opponent thinks I will be so that I can retaliate as necessary, but Yoshi has almost no down time on anything he does. And if I camp against him I have to stay really far since egg toss works faster than my laser when he gets close enough. I almost can't respond to him at all =\

Edit: Oh yeah and in case anyone wants to mention robo spin, that move has a really specific hit boxes for reflecting projectiles and it lasts too long for me to follow up with. I've tried, and the extra punch at the end makes it a better attack but it's still a poor reflector T_T

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I found a glitch...anyone else experience audio distortion when playing on Spirit Tracks? It only happens on this level, but the music always seems to freak out and parts when someone dies and a BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZT can be heard...fucking hurts my ears.

Also, I can't stand how the audience cheers sound in the 3DS Version. They cheer for like 2 seconds, and you can barely make them out.

Whenever I do 1v1 against Rosalina, her character model intermittently blanks out of the screen and it's quite annoying. A similar thing happened with Greninja but to a lesser extent. Anyone else have this issue?

emb

Whenever I do 1v1 against Rosalina, her character model intermittently blanks out of the screen and it's quite annoying. A similar thing happened with Greninja but to a lesser extent. Anyone else have this issue?
It sounds like what happens when they roll or dodge.

Fiktion

Banned

lol it sounds like Rosalina is using dodge and Greninja is using Side-B.

I don't know if it's because there's a fixed camera for the Wario Ware stage due to the mini game aspect of the regular version but it seems like the FD version of the stage is constantly zoomed out to the point that it's starting to annoy me, specifically in 1v1. Unless I'm just imagining things but I feel like this is an issue on the FD stages that aren't floating platforms.

Ricky 7

Didn't realise how solid Yoshi was in this game until I played one. His attacks hit you without touching you, he's like the Snake of the game.

Mumei

God, this Yoshi is destroying me. @_@

He kills me at ridiculously low percents, and I'm struggling to kill him.

Edit: Yay, complaining worked. I won again. ^_^

InsuRn

Didn't realise how solid Yoshi was in this game until I played one. His attacks hit you without touching you, he's like the Snake of the game.

I main Yoshi since 64 and I think he is now better than every game before ! I really liked how they buffed him.

NotLiquid

I just fought one of the scariest DKs online a while ago and made a moron out of myself with several characters. For whatever reason I always feel like I'm being judged when playing online anonymously, be it when I'm kicking ass or getting my ass handed to me.

And when I almost had them beat as Jigglypuff for the first time, they spike me at a low percentage while they're recovering. I literally screamed out "WHAT"

Also had a nerve wracking fight against a Little Mac using Bowser Jr. I'm really warming up to him. The guy was gaining a lead on me after realizing and adapting to me trying to edgeguard him. It turned into one hell of a real fight as I lived on through the 150 percentages.

the games were getting closer, hope you enjoyed them

but thanks :p I've mained yoshi since the 64 days so I picked him up pretty quickly!

I did! they were good practice. It takes me a match or two to learn the opposing character but the way you were using Yoshi, i couldn't get that lol. I also stupidly fell off in about 3 matches there.

zruben

Banned
how do I get better at this game, is it just playing a shit ton?

i'm so bad right now lol

well, once you grasp all the basics and know how your character "works", yeah, all you have left is practice.

watching videos might help. I had a lot of fun and learned some nice Megaman techs last night on Spectator Mode.

I did! they were good practice. It takes me a match or two to learn the opposing character but the way you were using Yoshi, i couldn't get that lol. I also stupidly fell off in about 3 matches there.

I've not met any other yoshi players so not sure if I play him differently. I just like to go hyper aggressive and pretend I'm still playing melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom