• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 14: Snake... had a hard life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahnez

My left hand gets tired from doing ev training in pokemon y no way it could handle ki lol
Dont be such a princess :p

lol
I think that if it's been shipped to stores... it's too late for a newcomer trailer. Someone will have footage of them, and it totally steals the thunder, way more than the leak did.

Worse, even, if the newcomer trailers are packed in on the cart.
What if the trailers are unlocked via spotpass? :p

SuperSah

Banned
Holy fuck, I just saw the WWE Smash video.

I was laughing the whole way. The end where Mario and Yoshi looked at the screen and a Smash reveal intro killed me.

Then Shulk comes, kicks the shit out of Bowser, Marth and Link and then the vision of the car was fucking hilarious.

Also LOL LUMA.

Anyone got the YouTube link so I don't need to use Nicovideo again?

SLX

Banned
Nothing even happened yesterday. Is this thread really just that active?

This thread moves too fast for me to check on unread replies since I last posted here. When some of the roster leaked I had to go back 20 pages to see what the hubbub was about. That is the nature of a board as large as this one though.

The strange part about that leak is if the guy had a copy for ESRB review purposes, shouldn't everything be unlocked? I have no idea what ESRB's methods are for rating games but I would assume it is more than just a few minutes of playtime then on to the next one. After the whole Hot Coffee mod incident, I wonder how much code they examine.

Kouriozan

Holy fuck, I just saw the WWE Smash video.

I was laughing the whole way. The end where Mario and Yoshi looked at the screen and a Smash reveal intro killed me.

Then Shulk comes, kicks the shit out of Bowser, Marth and Link and then the vision of the car was fucking hilarious.

Also LOL LUMA.

Anyone got the YouTube link so I don't need to use Nicovideo again?
Here
Edit : too slow.

This thread moves too fast for me to check on unread replies since I last posted here. When some of the roster leaked I had to go back 20 pages to see what the hubbub was about. That is the nature of a board as large as this one though.

The strange part about that leak is if the guy had a copy for ESRB review purposes, shouldn't everything be unlocked? I have no idea what ESRB's methods are for rating games but I would assume it is more than just a few minutes of playtime then on to the next one. After the whole Hot Coffee mod incident, I wonder how much code they examine.

They don't examine any code. Submissions are put on a DVD by the developer. All they have to do is submit their desired rating and the most extreme examples of various offensive categories. There would be no reason to have the whole game unlocked or even complete.

GenG3000

Both major newcomers will have a reveal trailer for sure, bit we'll see them after release.

Funny enough, Dark Pit had a reveal trailer all along. Next one will be about Bowser Jr., the Koopalings and Dr. Mario.

Jawmuncher

Both major newcomers will have a reveal trailer for sure, bit we'll ser them after release.

Funny enough, Dark Pit had a reveal trailer all along. Next one will be about Bowser Jr., the Koopalings and Dr. Mario.

Rob never had a trailer did he?
I could see us being done with them.

Hey, real quick I wanted to let you know there won't be a newcomer nomination today. Got caught with work last night and wasn't able to make one. I'll post 2 tomorrow to make up for it.

georly

Well, I guess there's still the option of next week. :) Or even after J release. I'm sure the PotD will continue after the 3DS version releases (probably first with lots of 3DS shots cause the game'll be out in the wild), up until the Wii U version.
There's still the Wii U-specific modes and stages to go through.

Edit: Also I think the character trailers (since Sakurai said -every- character would have one in the game, not only newcomers) are going to be Wii U-exclusive. The quality of the CG footage was super high quality. Nothing the 3DS could handle.

3DS can do compressed videos... which is all the newcomer trailers are.

That said, newcomer trailers all feature Wii U in-game footage, exclusively, right? So maybe you're right, they'll only be available on Wii U.

Wait, maybe not pac-man?

Edit: yeah, pac man trailer features 3DS footage for the pac-stage

3DS can do compressed videos... which is all the newcomer trailers are.

That said, newcomer trailers all feature Wii U in-game footage, exclusively, right? So maybe you're right, they'll only be available on Wii U.

Wait, maybe not pac-man?
Could have sworn Pacman had Wii U footage in the trailer.

rekameohs

Banned
Edit: Also I think the character trailers (since Sakurai said -every- character would have one in the game, not only newcomers) are going to be Wii U-exclusive. The quality of the CG footage was super high quality. Nothing the 3DS could handle.
Uhhh, they're just video files....of course the 3DS could play them. It's not like they're in-engine or anything. The 3DS has Netflix for crying out loud.

You could go onto the 3DS YouTube app and watch the videos right now if you wanted.

SuperSah

Banned
If FE cutscenes could look damn good on 3DS, Smash ones can.

Fucking cryinc my eyes out over that WWE video.

Shulk takes the fucking cake and does ripped ass Kirby.

Mario getting FOUR NEW STAGES, plus a Retro, in the 3DS Version is pretty messed up though compared to everyone else.
Agrees. NSMBU stage is cool, but the NSMB2 stage is just stupid. There was no need for it, this coming from someone that likes NSMB2 more than NSMBU.

Also, thanks to whoever posted those hi-res pictures a few pages back. My iPad 1 can't even load that page. That hasn't happened at all since I turned off GIFs. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom