• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

screen-10.jpg

Palutena the new Peach?

EDIT: First time the same character has appeared twice in one screenshot?
I'm diggin' the gold/yellow Falcon color.

Mariolee

No, but he said Shulk was today...

I believe he knows Shulk is in the game due to the production of a character trailer but I don't think he knows when those trailers will air. When he saw one of the Monolith Soft people retweet the announcement, he figured that it had to be today. He was misled.
I still believe in the leaks though.

I'm super confused. Did we get these?

Captain Falcon
Robin
Lucina
Chrom

All their own characters?

Chrom isn't playable. He's part of Robin's FS.

Ooh yup. Websites not working for me, thanks!

No, but he said Shulk was today...
To be fair, so did we. Leaker also said Pacman would be at last year's E3, didn't stop him from showing up eventually.

Yes, of course the leak is still right, despite the fact Chrom was debunked.
Yeah, more or less this. There's some room for some additional stuff, but at the very least we can still expect Shulk and a Rhythm Heaven character.

Clov

I don't think I'd really want Dark Pit, but I wouldn't mind him if Hades was in too. I just really want Hades to get a spot in the game, I'd be a bit upset if Dark Pit got in over him because he's easier to make.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Marth is so much prettier than Lucina. It is part of the reason why the Awakening "twist" falls flat.

Rayis

I honestly think Sal Romano confused Robin with Shulk, like I didn't know who this Robin guy was when first revealed and I assumed it was Shulk, so he's still right to me

Chorus Men still make too much sense to not include. They are this games WTF inclusion (Mr. G&W, R.O.B and maybe kind of Ness in the first one).

Yeah, more or less this. There's some room for some additional stuff, but at the very least we can still expect Shulk and a Rhythm Heaven character.

I was being sarcastic. You of all people were the one thumping your Gematsu Bible as the one true saviour of us all the hardest, and one of the main reasons I barely visited the thread except to check for the screenshot updates.

The leak is wrong. Deal with it.

I honestly think Sal Romano confused Robin with Shulk, like I didn't know who this Robin guy was when first revealed and I assumed it was Shulk, so he's still right to me
Nah, most likely Chrom was replaced with a Lucina/Robin down the line.

I don't think I'd really want Dark Pit, but I wouldn't mind him if Hades was in too. I just really want Hades to get a spot in the game, I'd be a bit upset if Dark Pit got in over him because he's easier to make.
I'd agree with this. Maybe we can get both!

Notice the "?!"

Notice all the pictures from the website that say "newcomer"?

The fact that her small picture isn't labeled as "newcomer" comes down to one simple fact:

Layout and design.

They have a fixed grid with the character display on their website.

Every newcomer spot is three times (or two times?) the width of a regular spot.
Since it would look fucking stupid if there were two empty spots next to two new newcomers they decided to give either Lucida or Robin a regular square spot in the grid.
I bet t his will be corrected once the next veteran is announced.

Please don't let the hype disable your ability to think straight.

georly

So Robin is the newcomer, Lucina is another newcomer, Falcon is the veteran and Chrom is the FS for Robin then?

Ding Ding Ding

And lucina is very likely a marth clone. I wonder if she's closer to melee marth so everyone who hates new marth will like her instead. Maybe her neutral b is overhead swing rather than poke.

Hey, I just realized, Lucas is safe for now

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm diggin' the gold/yellow Falcon color.

Also helps support my theory that we're getting new colours for the Mii stage since Falcon was missing a yellow outfit. Missed opportunity to make it based off of Dr Stuart though.

Kurtofan

I was being sarcastic. You of all people were the one thumping your Gematsu Bible as the one true saviour of us all the hardest, and one of the main reasons I barely visited the thread except to check for the screenshot updates.

The leak is wrong. Deal with it.

Wii Fit Trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom