• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XI: Where 90% correct equals 100% wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

That one's actually pretty cute.

Most of them really aren't that bad. The worst of the lot is the Primid and that's mainly just because he's so painfully generic.

The Subspace Army was one of the few good things to come out of SSE even though they still had no reason to be the primary enemy of a Nintendo crossover.

i mean seriously dedede was a rival/antagonist briefly and you didn't fight any waddle dees?

Ahnez

Most of them really aren't that bad. The worst of the lot is the Primid and that's mainly just because he's so painfully generic.

The Subspace Army was one of the few good things to come out of SSE even though they still had no reason to be the primary enemy of a Nintendo crossover.

i mean seriously dedede was a rival/antagonist briefly and you didn't fight any waddle dees?
But you fight nintendo enemies like goombas, and koopas, and ROBS and
thats all

Durden77

PRESENTS.gif

So good.

SSE had some memorable enemies, the only problem was that they were less memorable than the enemies you actually wanted to see, and even some of the more creative ones were just super annoying to fight because the gameplay was awful, so you hated them, like this fucker.

I'm pretty sure people would have still hated the enemies even if they were goombas and stuff. SSE really just wasn't fun.

Toxi

Banned
Oh God

I forgot about this thing

it's like the demonic spawn of a totem pole and mardi gras

were the SSE character artists on drugs

Gamyga.jpg

woodland

Hey - off topic question, but I couldn't find the Project M Community thread even though I saw it last night. Am I allowed to ask questions about emulators here or nah?

Toxi

Banned
Didn't realize it was Sakurai's Birthday.

Happy Birthday, and stop aging backwards.
Hey - off topic question, but I couldn't find the Project M Community thread even though I saw it last night. Am I allowed to ask questions about emulators here or nah?
Emulators? What does Project M have to do with emulators?

Ahnez

Oh God

I forgot about this thing

it's like the demonic spawn of a totem pole and mardi gras

were the SSE character artists on drugs

Gamyga.jpg
There are so many strange enemies there..

I remember hating one that is a flying platform that tries to star kill you

And that creepy puppet

SSE had some memorable enemies, the only problem was that they were less memorable than the enemies you actually wanted to see, and even some of the more creative ones were just super annoying to fight because the gameplay was awful, so you hated them, like this fucker.

I'm pretty sure people would have still hated the enemies even if they were goombas and stuff. SSE really just wasn't fun.
Very true. A lot of the enemies had really interesting designs, but the SSE's mixture of classic Smash gameplay and beat-em-up/Kirby gameplay really didn't work well. Enemies like the Floow or Trowlon were really cool and well-designed, but the core gameplay made them tedious and annoying.

Assuming Smash Run works better in the gameplay sense, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing all the SSE enemies come back - especially since this time they'd be balanced out by having memorable enemies from other franchises.
Just as long as they don't start making new enemies again I think we'll be okay.

woodland

Didn't realize that. I've only played it on Wiis.

I think talk of dolphin is allowed, but I'm not a mod.

No worries, I just got my first Nintendo thinig (Wii U) and wanted to get Brawl/PM for it, but didn't know if I could play online, so just doing Dolphin for now.

Is there a way for me to tweak Dolphin so the game always plays at 100% speed? For some reason it dips down (even in 1v1's), when I'm pretty sure my PC can take it. Trying to figure it out before going online.

Also my friend only had a GameStop GC controller so working with this piece of shit atm -.-

Fuck the little stickmen dudes.

Oh, Zenith is on! Melee can be found here, and it sounds like Dylan Sprouse of "Suite Life of Zack and Cody" fame is in the building, which is hilarious. Besides that, D1 is on the mic, so watch this shit

Ryce

Even though it resembles the SSE emblem, R.O.B.’s icon is just the gyro seen here from a different angle. It’s the best possible icon to represent him.

Ahnez

The SSE icon was based on ROBs icon

I doubt they are even trying to avoid SSE references.. I still believe there are some SSE ATs in the game

Tabuu's off waves seems like good AT material

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The SSE icon was based on ROBs icon

I doubt they are even trying to avoid SSE references.. I still believe there are some SSE ATs in the game

Tabuu's off waves seems like good AT material

Whoa, that's actually good idea. Tabuu as AT would be fantastic.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
zlqo2G9.png

Two clicks and I fixed it by rounding the edges of the stalk. ROB is now SSE free and we can distance him away from that mopey robot that appeared in Brawl and welcome a cheerful bot that just wants to stack 'em up.

Toxi

Banned
I don't mind changing the icon, as long as it remains a gyro.

That said...
If I can deal with Samus having her design from Metroid: Other M ya'lls can deal with ROB having an icon that slightly relates to the SSE.
Seriously. You guys would probably have strokes if you were Metroid fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom