• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XV: Kübler-Ross Edition

Edu

Neo Member
They really need to get on that. I can understand a lack of playable villains, but what's with the lack of villainous stages? We've only ever had

Halberd
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Brinstar Depths
Dr. Wily's Castle
Find Mii
New Pork City
Shadow Moses Island

I wanna see

Bowser's Doom Ship Fleet (SMB3)
Yoshi's Island Castle (Yoshi's Island)
The Dark World (or Lorule) (ALttP/ALBW)
Bowser's Stomach (Bowser's Inside Story)
Gangplank Galleon (DKC2)
Golden Pyramid (Wario Land 4)
Threed (EarthBound)

I think N's Castle is a villainous stage, sort of.
Glad it's not a generic Pokémon Stadium.

I would like to see:

The Underworld (Kid Icarus: Uprising);
Bowser's Castle (Super Mario World);
Sealed Grounds (Skyward Sword);

and the ones in bold.

Nikokuno

DLC like MK8 is OK with the rebates option but the time between DLC is way too long IMHO, I hope the wait worth it (I suppose making the 'new' tracks is the main reason).

Retro DLC with old Stages which didn't make it make sense, easy to port, I want my Corneria.

DLC character will be Sakurai based so I want a Golden Sun rep, a Konami rep (Klonoa or Goemon), I'm not familiar with Nintendo licences so this is just my little list.

Zubz

Banned
How amazing would it be if Nikki was a pre-made alt costume for the different Mii Fighters

I was really hoping that'd be the case. Her and Nester, Nintendo Power's old mascot (I also want them to become Miiverse's mascots, too, but alas). Nester's gonna be my default Brawler, Nikki my default Swordswoman, with Bayonetta as the Gunner. Reggie and Speedwagon are also set to be alts.

Someone posted this on the last page
Hi, I'm someone

Reposting it on this page, too!

Excels posted this in the Something Awful thread (although I think he fetched it from /v/). A smorgasbord of Miis and QR codes so you can prep for Multi-Man Smash in advance. To tie our hilariously-off-topic Nigel Thornberry discussion to Smash, a Nigel Thornberry Mii is included (YMMV on the quality).

YKQWzTy.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I really hope we see 40-45 assist trophies this time around. I think there's already ~30 confirmed, and not all the ones from Brawl are confirmed yet either, but I suppose they're not guaranteed to.

I would imagine that Advance Wars and Isaac should come back. THEY HAVE TO!

GamerSoul

Those Miis are amazing and some are just spot on. :0

DLC hype threads will be crazy. They could actually surprise us like with link in mario Kart

I still can't believe they put Link... and yea imagine a mini hype train every so often lol. Even if we get new content every like 4-6 months to a year, it will keep players excited for Smash. It's going to happen and it's going to be epic.

Kyzon

Those Miis are amazing and some are just spot on. :0

I still can't believe they put Link... and yea imagine a mini hype train every so often lol. Even if we get new content every like 4-6 months to a year, it will keep players excited for Smash. It's going to happen and it's going to be epic.

I can't wait to see prices actually. They're usually very fair and it makes me so excited.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I am starting to feel like this thread needs to be locked, and only unlocked in one-hour increments for every picture of the day.

I'm gonna totally make 12 Mii Fighters, one for every moveset

Also, I really hope that there is some leniency on the use of custom moves. Maybe let every character have one different possible move? You know, for the sake of improved balanced.

georly

I'm super confused - why are people so upset about SwapNote and Nikki? It had an incredibly valid reason for shutting down.

You don't shut down text messaging because stalkers use it.

It was a super-safe move to take, but it was unfortunate. They didn't want the bad PR, but it's not nintendo's fault AT ALL that it happened. The guy had to get the kid's friend code some other way, so it's not the 3DSes fault.

ffdgh

I'm super confused - why are people so upset about SwapNote and Nikki? It had an incredibly valid reason for shutting down.

It never got a replacement message system...and it was rather fun to use. The reason it was removed is understandable ofcourse.

You don't shut down text messaging because stalkers use it.

It was a super-safe move to take, but it was unfortunate. They didn't want the bad PR, but it's not nintendo's fault AT ALL that it happened. The guy had to get the kid's friend code some other way, so it's not the 3DSes fault.

At the same time, it's refreshing to see a developer on the opposite side of things. Where Microsoft and Blizzard banned people for being openly homosexual on Xbox Live or WoW, Nintendo takes the opposite route.

Hatchtag

Banned
I had a dream once that the teenage mutant ninja turtles were in brawl, during one of the nights before that game came out. They'd never be in anything even remotely like it, though.

-Horizon-

DLC like MK8 is OK with the rebates option but the time between DLC is way too long IMHO, I hope the wait worth it (I suppose making the 'new' tracks is the main reason).

Retro DLC with old Stages which didn't make it make sense, easy to port, I want my Corneria.

DLC character will be Sakurai based so I want a Golden Sun rep, a Konami rep (Klonoa or Goemon), I'm not familiar with Nintendo licences so this is just my little list.
I'll be honest and say that I haven't played any Klonoa games. Are the games really that good that people want a rep from it?

I had a dream last night that Sakurai showed Ridley.

He was a stage boss.
You mean prophetic dream.

The most important Mii is Professor Layton, since the Mii of him basically looks 99% accurate to how he actually looks in his art. (missing ears and the nose is just barely wrong)

Just gotta unlock that top hat and an appropriate coat and we're good to go. I don't know what moveset to give him, but.

5822.gunlayton.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

The megabuster gun is tempting.
Layton would have to be a swordsman; he's shown he's a badass with a blade!

Top Bottom