• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XV: Kübler-Ross Edition

HiroTSK5

Woo new thread. Gotta say, I'm totally satisfied with the roster to the point there's not much I'd want left. Shulk (my most wanted character that had a realistic chance of getting in), Robin/Lucina (I technically wanted a FE:A rep at all, but two is awesome), Greninja (my favorite Gen VI Pokemon and one of my favorite Pokemon in general), Little Mac, Palutena and Mega Man! Not to mention, Ike and Lucario return, both characters I really like that I was concerned that may be cut. I don't even mind Dark Pit or Dr. Mario that much, and I think Duck Hunt Dog could be really cool.

October 3rd can't come soon enough!

This, honestly Dr. Mario is the only "Blemish" if only because I'm still salty over Roy being taken out. (Though Lucina is an excellent addition)

Would duck hunt dog be the only newcomer to not have a stage on the 3DS version, if the leaked stage selection screen is anything to go by?
Wii Fit Trainer doesn't either.

The only character based franchises that don't have a stage period on the 3DS version are Duck Hunt, Wii Fit (she has one in the Wii U version only), and R.O.B. (who didn't have one in Brawl either, so whatever).

Not

Banned
1409639309176.jpg

Oh man, day slighty more made

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Woo new thread. Gotta say, I'm totally satisfied with the roster to the point there's not much I'd want left. Shulk (my most wanted character that had a realistic chance of getting in), Robin/Lucina (I technically wanted a FE:A rep at all, but two is awesome), Greninja (my favorite Gen VI Pokemon and one of my favorite Pokemon in general), Little Mac, Palutena and Mega Man! Not to mention, Ike and Lucario return, both characters I really like that I was concerned that may be cut. I don't even mind Dark Pit or Dr. Mario that much, and I think Duck Hunt Dog could be really cool.

October 3rd can't come soon enough!

Duck Hunt Dog gotta to be awesome character but I really need to see video before I actually believe it. It's still surreal to me. I'm glad that you got what you want! I'm in same boat with you. :)

Of course, negative opinions are to be squashed! Everyone who is disappointed in some way or another, leave this topic! We will not have your kind here. Positive posts or else! Love everything! Hate nothing! Criticism has no place!

Criticism is great and useful. Wanton negativity and whining about Sakurai not creating the roster you (the collective you) want is not. Much (most?) of SmashGAF seems to mistake the latter for the former.

But yes, to directly answer your post, having a positive attitude is always better than having a negative one. Always.

What about those of us that hate them both? Clones suck and are a waste of a good character. I like Dark Pit, but would have much preferred if he made his debut in Smash 5 as a unique character.

They're not a waste of a good character if no character would have taken their place. We already know clones take much less time to create than newcomers (obviously). Dark Pit's inclusion isn't pushing anyone else out. In this case we'd either get Dark Pit as a clone or not at all, likely ever (I doubt he'll be relevant by the time the next Smash comes around). The idea that not having a character on the roster at all is better than having them in as a clone if they were never going to be otherwise literally makes zero sense to me. It's hating for the sake of hating.

They could have turned some of those colors into real suits, you realize a lot of them actually look different, right? There's also the PED suit too.

Until proven otherwise, it seems like every actual alt costume will have 4 color schemes, unless it's just a set of 8 alt costumes (i.e. Villager and possibly Jr/Koopalings).
So if you picked, say, the Light Suit as an alternate costume, you'd have to make 4 color variations of the Light Suit, which makes less sense than having a regular Varia Suit with a Light Suit-based color palette.

Cade

8?! 8 is a lot. Damn, I'm excited. Bring on Smash.

Also, is anyone else really wishing this, at least, was a worldwide release? What's the deal ;-;

sn00zer

Cant wait for a mega post inthe future that just has every character with all 8 alts...will be glorious

All I want is my black and white lucario.....and that they kept the over B attack.....and the neutral A combo.....and the neutral A into over B combo....and removed the down B attack.....

Monocle

Is this the thread where we complain about Smash 4's roster? Because I have some concerns about Lucas being cut while the likes of Dark Pit are included.

Toxi

Banned
Is this the thread where we complain about Smash 4's roster? Because I have some concerns about Lucas being cut while the likes of Dark Pit are included.
Don't worry, clones take zero effort so including a clone for Pit didn't get Ness's clone cut.

Azuran

Banned

The only character based franchises that don't have a stage period on the 3DS version are Duck Hunt, Wii Fit (she has one in the Wii U version only), and R.O.B. (who didn't have one in Brawl either, so whatever).

Nintendogs for Duck Hunt, Balloon Fight for ROB, and Pictochat for WFT.

1. IntelliHeath-8192
2. theprodigy-5590
3. foxuzamaki-4595
4. Horizon-4487
5. ffdgh-4230
6. BGBW-4224 (+2)
7. Neiteio-4172
8. SmithnCo-4086 (-2)
9. SuperSah-3948
10. georly-3903
11. PadWarrior-3612
12. Beelzebufo-3329 (+1)
13. Boss Doggie-3205 (-1)
14. Troubled Bat-3168 (-1)
15. OricWindstar-3156 (+1)
16. Berordn-3107 (-1)
17. Village-2668
18. MrSaturn99-2543 (+6)
19. Ryce-2524 (-1)
20. Loco4Coco-2522 (-1)
21. Toxi-2464 (+4)
22. zroid-2446
23. qq more-2397 (-3)
24. DaBoss-2394 (-3)
25. I'M FINISHED-2294 (-2)
26. Kriken-2287
27. Red Arremer-2138
28. BassForever-1976
29. SenorArdilla-1940 (+2)
30. Kyzon-1902 (-1)
31. Azure J-1854 (-1)
32. The Great Gonzales-1807 (+2)
33. Pop-O-Matic-1804
34. Caladrius-1780 (-2)
35. JoeInky-1763
36. emb-1678 (+3)
37. Golnei-1664 (+5)
38. Neoriceisgood-1600 (-2)
39. ShockingAlberto-1525 (+2)
40. GamerSoul-1499 (-3)
41. Baron von Loathsome-1448 (-3)
42. Dimitri LH-1444 (-2)
43. Sponge-1411
44. Watch Da Birdie-1403 (+3)
45. Neoxon-1396 (+4)
46. Benzychenz-1391 (+2)
47. Anth0ny-1352 (-3)
48. Hyperactivity-1348 (-2)
49. Hatchtag-1323 (-4)
50. balladofwindfishes-1269 (NEW)

biggest rise: MrSaturn99 (6 spots)
biggest fall: Hatchtag (4 spots)
new member: balladofwindfishes
dropped out: KHlover

miscellaneous stuff: nice Elite 8/Sweet 16 of 4000+/3000+ posts respectively, Horizon is now within striking distance of 3rd, IntelliHeath crosses the 8000 post mark

Lunar15

Ah, I knew there had to be another one.

Kinsei

Banned
Criticism is great and useful. Wanton negativity and whining about Sakurai not creating the roster you (the collective you) want is not. Much (most?) of SmashGAF seems to mistake the latter for the former.

But yes, to directly answer your post, having a positive attitude is always better than having a negative one. Always.

They're not a waste of a good character if no character would have taken their place. We already know clones take much less time to create than newcomers (obviously). Dark Pit's inclusion isn't pushing anyone else out. In this case we'd either get Dark Pit as a clone or not at all, likely ever (I doubt he'll be relevant by the time the next Smash comes around). The idea that not having a character on the roster at all is better than having them in as a clone if they were never going to be otherwise literally makes zero sense to me. It's hating for the sake of hating.

I meant waste of a good character in regards to wasting Dark Pits potential. Anyways, yes I would prefer a smaller roster with no clones. One of my favorite Nintendo characters (Ganondorf) is stuck as a clone just because the Melee team decided to pad out the roster instead of letting it stand on its own.

Not

Banned
I'm excited about there even being a chance of having character DLC. If Mario Kart DLC does well, (which, how could it not), it's basically all but guaranteed. That's why there are extra slots on the 3DS screen, I'll wager.

Don't worry, folks. We'll get Wolf and Ice Climbers. Who knows? We might even get Dixie and Ridley. HYPE IT

You really shouldn't generalize, I'm not a fan of Dark Pit which is why I wouldn't want him in, but it doesn't bother me. On the other hand Lucina has more of a personality than Chrom and is much more likeable as a character which is why I like that if there had to be a FE clone, that it's her.

You're right, I shouldn't have said "everyone." That was unfair of me. I amend that to "many people."

You realized that you brought the negative into a new thread, right?

We could have just gone with a fresh start!! D:

Fair point, but I've already seen roster and Dark Pit complaints happening in this thread, so it would have happened sooner or later. :p I just wanted to weigh in on free discussion but was too late for Thread 14!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Cant wait for a mega post inthe future that just has every character with all 8 alts...will be glorious

All I want is my black and white lucario.....and that they kept the over B attack.....and the neutral A combo.....and the neutral A into over B combo....and removed the down B attack.....

Oh man, I hope we get a Zoroark-colored Lucario. That'd fit really well in my mind.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I said it twice.

Not really broken, but here's a third for your efforts: awful title.

Anyways, how have I made almost 4000 posts in total? Hot damn the hype.

I guess you don't really understand the definition behind the thread title but my comment was referring to your video comment so don't need to salty about it. :)

Richie

Maybe my memory's failing me, but threads used to last much longer back in the day...Not that I complain, one of the best thread titles yet.

Top Bottom