• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XV: Kübler-Ross Edition

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
OP should've been 'written' by Ridley.

Because he's soooo smart and intelligent as I've been told.

NotLiquid

15 threads

Once this one ends that's on average about 299250 posts of SmashGAF hype

We won't see hype like this for at least another decade

Wow, what the fuck happened in Thread 14 today? I come in to see like 25 new pages + the end of the thread, think something big has happened, and... it's just a buncha jokahs whining about clones and especially Dark Pit.

All this braying about Dark Pit is slowly turning it into another Ridley situation for me. At first I really didn't care one way or the other (I wanted him in but wouldn't have been disappointed if he wasn't), but all this obnoxious whining about him and "Sakurai bias" is making me actively happy he's there to make Dark Pit haters unhappy.

I find it hard to believe anyone wanted Dark Pit in Smash. It's probably just Sakurai trying to push more of his own characters into the game.

I'm glad he's in. He's a great, sympathetic character in Uprising. You finding an opinion hard to believe does not mean people don't have it.

I really have a hard time seeing how anyone who actually played KI:U not watched an LP or read someone's impressions online could actively think Dark Pit is a bad selection for a clone, especially when in the same breath they mention Lucina is a good choice.

If Lucina had been male and Dark Pit been female but had the exact same roles in their game/story would peoples opinions be flipped?

Nailed it, especially the point regarding their genders being swapped. If Lucina was male and Dark Pit was female, Lucina would be the one everyone's whining about. Anyway, Dark Pit is an excellent, perfectly natural choice for a clone.

841.png

I honestly can't love this picture enough. It's perfect.

I look forward to looking down at my 3DS and seeing this, and not knowing what character to choose because I literally love all of them:

ssb-leak3dsexamplehzs2s.jpg

As usual, excellent post. Every single person in this thread could and should learn from your example (myself included; I know I've said negative things about Wario!).

Crocodile

15 threads

Once this one ends that's on average about 299250 posts of SmashGAF hype

We won't see hype like this for at least another decade

Don't forget all the threads for the Smash related Directs, New/Returning Characters, noteworthy stages/assists and threads for whenever Sakurai took a dump had an interview

I think that the sore spot with the cuts is that Falco, Ganondorf, and Toon Link - all clones (who have received some differences) - were kept, and the only characters cut were not clones. I can understand Snake, but it would have been nice to see the other five come back.

Hey smashgaf! My account was just recently approved after many, many months of lonely lurking, so I figured I'd say hello now that I'm allowed to contribute. Hi!

As usual, excellent post. Every single person in this thread could and should learn from your example (myself included; I know I've said negative things about Wario!).
Of course, negative opinions are to be squashed! Everyone who is disappointed in some way or another, leave this topic! We will not have your kind here. Positive posts or else! Love everything! Hate nothing! Criticism has no place!

Kinsei

Banned
Wow, what the fuck happened in Thread 14 today? I come in to see like 25 new pages + the end of the thread, think something big has happened, and... it's just a buncha jokahs whining about clones and especially Dark Pit.

All this braying about Dark Pit is slowly turning it into another Ridley situation for me. At first I really didn't care one way or the other (I wanted him in but wouldn't have been disappointed if he wasn't), but all this obnoxious whining about him and "Sakurai bias" is making me actively happy he's there to make Dark Pit haters unhappy.

I'm glad he's in. He's a great, sympathetic character in Uprising. You finding an opinion hard to believe does not mean people don't have it.

Nailed it, especially the point regarding their genders being swapped. If Lucina was male and Dark Pit was female, Lucina would be the one everyone's whining about. Anyway, Dark Pit is an excellent, perfectly natural choice for a clone.

I honestly can't love this picture enough. It's perfect.

What about those of us that hate them both? Clones suck and are a waste of a good character. I like Dark Pit, but would have much preferred if he made his debut in Smash 5 as a unique character.

Wait, why the fuck didn't I see this picture?
eX6OdMJ.jpg

So Samus gets no alts and Villager gets 7?
lol
I'd be nice if we could have some more Robin alts.

I didn't see much whining, I just saw a lot of bad puns. (To which I contributed a ton. I'm not sorry.)

I imagine by this time next week we'll definitively know the full roster.

One can hope.

Still, do we think that someone is just going to break the Japanese code and figure it out instantly? Or do we think someone will actually have to unlock everything first?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Don't worry Ash, Dark Pit is awesome <3
And yeah, first time booting the game will certainly be something.

Agreed, and I'm glad to see more Dark Pit Supporters <3

Hey smashgaf! My account was just recently approved after many, many months of lonely lurking, so I figured I'd say hello now that I'm allowed to contribute. Hi!

Welcome to SmashGAF, and you will be stuck here forever :)

HiroTSK5

Wait, why the fuck didn't I see this picture?
eX6OdMJ.jpg

So Samus gets no alts and Villager gets 7?
lol
I'd be nice if we could have some more Robin alts.

To be fair customization is a feature of the Animal Crossing series. The Varia suit has remained relatively constant since Metroid 2.

Top Bottom