• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT| True Potential of Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayolan

FUCK YES

zlCfzSv-L_sETb3LfW

It took me so goddamn long to beat Classic 9.0 with Marth at all, yet somehow the first successful run (which was completed literally 6 seconds before the timer ran out) was under 12 minutes. Thank fucking god, I'm awful with Marth.

Chief Devin

I thought Samus was supposed to be mediocre now but when I play her online she's seems strong as shit. Its even harder in 1v1s because people like to just stand at the edge all match and do the grab, throw, spike shit 24/7.

Vena

Alright guys, that was a lot of fun. I'll keep you both on and challenge you guys in the future if I see you online. :) GGs

Haha fun times. Hit me up when you want some more serious matches lol. Maybe I'll be a little more competitive next time.

Alright guys, that was a lot of fun. I'll keep you both on and challenge you guys in the future if I see you online. :) GGs
@ Vena too,

Cool. I am interested in what you guys thought of my custom stages though. This is the first time people outside my group of friends has played them. Did you think they were too crazy?

GGs DOOD. Consider wiring your connection, because otherwise the delay was great.

Anyone else want to mess around with new characters? NNID is Karsticles.

Vena

@ Vena too,

Cool. I am interested in what you guys thought of my custom stages though. This is the first time people outside my group of friends has played them. Did you think they were too crazy?

Nah, I like the weirdness of customs unless they are like unkillable boxes lol. The second stage has a few too many fall-throughs though and tech spots.

DooD1234

Okay, GG Karsticles. I had fun figuring out Robin. You were best with Charizard I think but that might be because he similar to Bowser lol

DooD1234

Ditto, and added.

Woah, crazy lag. Anything you can do about that?

Yeah, lol. I can see how people think he is bad now, but I thought there was potential there still.
I feel he can be good, you just cannot chuck as much Pikmin as you can as in Brawl. That added so much damage with 6 Pikmin in brawl lol

Calvero

Banned
Ditto, and added.

Woah, crazy lag. Anything you can do about that?

Yeah, lol. I can see how people think he is bad now, but I thought there was potential there still.

awe, was afraid my connection would be crap. will be switching providers soon though. lol

can't do much for it.
it's fine if we save this for another day!

that input lag

Nah, I like the weirdness of customs unless they are like unkillable boxes lol. The second stage has a few too many fall-throughs though and tech spots.
Thanks! Yeah, the second stage is a little difficult to master. It should really be a medium
size stage. I think the top of the stage is too close to the blast ceiling. It went a little crazy with that one because it was my second try with the creator.

I'm so bad at this game.

I don't like playing mp against other people because it's no fun getting destroyed and the last time I tried playing online the lag made it almost unplayable.

I've hit a wall in the challenges because of how bad I am.

So lately I've just been watching cpus fight in 8 player smash. :p

How is Classic 9.0 even possible. Do you guys just use equipment/custom movesets? Because I tried a couple of times with a vanilla DDD (my main) and got my shit pushed in between the opponents hitting major damage, ganging up on me, and items coming out the ass destroying any semblance of a coherent fight.

I'm so bad at this game.

I don't like playing mp against other people because it's no fun getting destroyed and the last time I tried playing online the lag made it almost unplayable.

I've hit a wall in the challenges because of how bad I am.

So lately I've just been watching cpus fight in 8 player smash. :p

I'm in the same boat. My win ratio went from 63% to 52% in the past few days because my opponents have consistently out played me. And after being two stocked by some guy who picked my character because I previously beat him ruined any competitive drive I had for this game.

I'm in the same boat. My win ratio went from 63% to 52% in the past few days because my opponents have consistently out played me. And after being two stocked by some guy who picked my character because I previously beat him ruined any competitive drive I had for this game.

Eh, that makes me more competitive. My win rate is dropping because I'll keep playing against people who wreck me, and I'll get bored of playing against people that I can beat effortlessly. Losing teaches you things.

Crayolan

How is Classic 9.0 even possible. Do you guys just use equipment/custom movesets? Because I tried a couple of times with a vanilla DDD (my main) and got my shit pushed in between the opponents hitting major damage, ganging up on me, and items coming out the ass destroying any semblance of a coherent fight.

No. I've cleared it on 9.0 with Marth, Toon Link, Game & Watch, and Jigglypuff, no customizations. Not sure what tips I can give, maybe use a faster character? I tried with some of the slower characters but they can't react well enough to punish the very small window level 9 CPU's leave open. Plus the bigger characters all have a fuckton of endlag on their attacks making it twice as hard to react to master core's attacks when they're coming as fast as they do on 9.0.

Also always go for the smallest number of fighters possible. On 9.0 they all team up against you 90% of the time anyway so 1v1's will be a lot more manageable than 8 player smashes. When you do get into an 8 player smash, just camp until only 1-2 are left to make it easier for yourself. When doing 1v1's on a walk-off, camp the edge until your opponent approaches then back throw them for an easy win. And always keep on top of important items like Assist Trophies/Pokeballs/Smash Balls/Dragoon Parts, cause those will fuck you over if you let the CPU get them.

No. I've cleared it on 9.0 with Marth, Toon Link, Game & Watch, and Jigglypuff, no customizations. Not sure what tips I can give, maybe use a faster character? I tried with some of the slower characters but they can't react well enough to punish the very small window level 9 CPU's leave open. Plus the bigger characters all have a fuckton of endlag on their attacks making it twice as hard to react to master core's attacks when they're coming as fast as they do on 9.0.

Also always go for the smallest number of fighters possible. On 9.0 they all team up against you 90% of the time anyway so 1v1's will be a lot more manageable than 8 player smashes. When you do get into an 8 player smash, just camp until only 1-2 are left to make it easier for yourself. When doing 1v1's on a walk-off, camp the edge until your opponent approaches then back throw them for an easy win. And always keep on top of important items like Assist Trophies/Pokeballs/Smash Balls/Dragoon Parts, cause those will fuck you over if you let the CPU get them.

Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely be looking into switching to some of my faster characters for this. My DDD can almost always muscle through large percentage damage when playing against regular people, but when it's against the CPU doing kooky things to keep up the highest possible difficulty he just doesn't work.

I tried to beat classic on 8.0 with Kirby.

I got to the end and had almost beat the boss and then died.

Continuing dropped the difficulty to 7.5 and I quit.

I can't force myself to go through it again.

I can only imagine what 9.0 is like but I'll never even attempt it.

It's no fun being a bad player. Now those unfinished challenges are going to taunt me forever. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom