• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Special Smash was never in the options was it? It was just a different mode where you set the conditions before going to the character select screen.

It was its own menu separate from rules.

NrzdKJf.gif

RaidenXZ

I really want to see a Ubisoft Rep announced as DLC. They have that Rayman trophy, why not have a Ubi rep?
Come onnnn Edward Kenway! More pirate themed stuff!!

georly

Is it possible the kirby stage is just from the 'trophy pictures' section? A different background?

zlCfzSkIwo0B0jojcr

YhBoAV5.jpg

Especially with the food posed like that?

I really want to see a Ubisoft Rep announced as DLC. They have that Rayman trophy, why not have a Ubi rep?
Come onnnn Edward Kenway! More pirate themed stuff!!

Please no. Nothing from EA, Activision, or Ubisoft.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Special Smash was never in the options was it? It was just a different mode where you set the conditions before going to the character select screen.

I think Sakurai made a right decision to not including Special Smash in 3DS version.

Flower Battle with items surly lagged up 3DS version. It did twice for me.

The Kirby Image is an area from WuHu island (the Fetch Minigam), meaning there's probably a Wii Sports resort level in addition to Pilotwings, since I don't think Pilotwings ever actually lands.

Axass

Is it possible the kirby stage is just from the 'trophy pictures' section? A different background?

zlCfzSkIwo0B0jojcr

YhBoAV5.jpg

Especially with the food posed like that?

Please no. Nothing from EA, Activision, or Ubisoft.

That was my first thought, especially since it's for the pause menu (which involves snapshots, so it'd make sense to use that instead of a stage).

georly

That was my first thought, especially since it's for the pause menu (which involves snapshots, so it'd make sense to use that instead of a stage).

Well, as gamexplain pointed out, the grass in the background matches the one w/ the fit trainers fighting, so it very well could be a stage, too. Weird that the food is laid out like that, since that doesn't seem to be in an orientation that's possible during an actual match.

there'd be no reason the pause option would use the trophy screenshot area as its image. That makes no sense.

It's a new stage or Pilotwings got a new area.

Or you can use all stages as backgrounds for the photo mode, in which case it's both. Like I said, the food layout is weird.

Well, as gamexplain pointed out, the grass in the background matches the one w/ the fit trainers fighting, so it very well could be a stage, too. Weird that the food is laid out like that, since that doesn't seem to be in an orientation that's possible during an actual match.

Or you can use all stages as backgrounds for the photo mode, in which case it's both. Like I said, the food layout is weird.

Villager isn't laid out properly either on the score display image, which has nothing to do with pausing the game or taking screenshots. And he's not in his trophy pose, so they probably just arranged stuff to look better and it has nothing to do with the trophy screenshot tool.

And if you could do that, it'd still be a new stage, since Pilotwings is not going to have that much detail on a far away background prop.

georly

Villager isn't laid out properly either on the score display image, which has nothing to do with pausing the game or taking screenshots. And he's not in his trophy pose, so they probably just arranged stuff to look better and it has nothing to do with the trophy screenshot tool.

And if you could do that, it'd still be a new stage, since Pilotwings is not going to have that much detail on a far away background prop.

Not disagreeing with you. It could very well be a new stage, and it likely is, because of the WFT pic using the same grass. That said, if it ends up not being a stage, I won't be surprised either.

Mistle

Food is rendered to always face the camera, so it screws up in pause. Try it out!

That said, the impossible perspective of Kirby and the background (compare him to the umbrella, it's wrong, Kirby is huge!) and the photoshop drop shadow, tells me that it's not an actual screenshot from gameplay. It's put together, like the Villager one, for one reason or another.

georly

Food is rendered to always face the camera, so it screws up in pause. Try it out!

That said, the impossible perspective of Kirby and the background (compare him to the umbrella, it's wrong, Kirby is huge!) and the photoshop drop shadow, tells me that it's not an actual screenshot from gameplay. It's put together, like the Villager one, for one reason or another.

Exactly. So either:

A. It's developer magic and they do what they want and can stage any screenshot
B. It's photo mode (and possibly you can now use any stage as background)
C. It's voodoo and they managed to get the food to stack like that.

I'd love to be proven wrong. Can someone pull it off on 3DS?

Kirby wouldn't have a trophy that looked like that to even use in the trophy pose mode, let alone that the food trophy is one giant pile of food and you couldn't possibly pose it like that.

The stage Kirby is on is almost certainly a new stage based on Wii Sports Resort, as that's one of the three unaccounted for franchises listed in the 3DS version's code (alongside Wrecking Crew and Miiverse).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Okay, I'm on computer now.

The franchise list were founded in 3DS version.

Super Smash Bros.
Donkey Kong
Star Fox
Kirby
F-Zero
Metroid
EarthBound (Mother)
Pokémon
The Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Bros.
Yoshi's Island
Fire Emblem
Game & Watch
Ice Climber
Pikmin
WarioWare
Kid Icarus
R.O.B.
Sonic the Hedgehog
Touch! Generations
Animal Crossing
Wii Fit
Xenoblade Chronicles
Punch-Out!!
Duck Hunt
Mega Man
Nintendogs
StreetPass Mii Plaza
PAC-MAN
Tomodachi Life
Wrecking Crew
Wii Sports Resort
Miiverse
Pilotwings

Basically we are getting Wrecking Crew, Wii Sports Resort and Miiverse stages.

Pompadour

Well, we've seen the Wii Sports stage today.

I still don't get why Wrecking Crew wouldn't just be a Mario Stage. The Golden Hammer is considered a Mario item, as was the Eggplant trophy in Melee.

I guess Wrecking Crew would need several sequels to be considered its own series or Foreman Spike would need a spin off a la WarioWare. As Wrecking Crew is in the Mario universe and only features a few games (most being re-releases of the original) I imagine Sakurai doesn't feel the need to distinguish the series as its own franchise.

I guess Wrecking Crew would need several sequels to be considered its own series or Foreman Spike would need a spin off a la WarioWare. As Wrecking Crew is in the Mario universe and only features a few games (most being re-releases of the original) I imagine Sakurai doesn't feel the need to distinguish the series as its own franchise.

But he is distinguishing it, since it seems a level is being based on it and it will have its own series icon, and yet the item from that game will be considered a Mario item.

Which would just be all weird and inconsistent, but totally something I could see.

georly

jo2kfA3HobhZ0.png

The Great Cave Offensive!?

Doesn't match any other stage. NSMBU

Can't wait til thursday. Wonder if we'll get lame pictures of the day until then.
Shiny new Smashville textures
jbhiF9jszYI3el.png

Actually, it seems Smashville borrows some textures from Town and City.

Still weird to me that we're getting both stages. Not familiar enough with the new one, but what are the differences other than backdrop? Platform stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom