• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
What the hell
jVP1XQgLwdV6u_e.jpg
I'm in tears

Does Ashley's hair not turn white in the 3DS version at all? Maybe when she's attacked, since it happens when she gets mad? Seems like a weird thing to only have in one version.

I need to see great cave offensive I need to see great cave offensive I need to see great cave offensive I need to see great cave offensive I need to see great cave offensive oh my god the crystals and the jungle and the mystery paradise and and and yeeysysyeeyess

Does Ashley's hair not turn white in the 3DS version at all? Maybe when she's attacked, since it happens when she gets mad? Seems like a weird thing to only have in one version.

This gives me hope that the Nightmare Wizard will be a little more animated in the Wii U version.

I need to see great cave offensive I need to see great cave offensive I need to see great cave offensive I need to see great cave offensive I need to see great cave offensive oh my god the crystals and the jungle and the mystery paradise and and and yeeysysyeeyess

Hope we'll get to see Fatty Whale or Wham Bam Rock as stage bosses/hazards.

Pikmin only grow flowers in the Wii U version. There's quite a few weird graphical inconsistencies.

I think the 3DS was running on extremely slim processing margins and any little minor thing had to be cut.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
How exactly would 8 player smash work anyway? Doesn't the Wii U only support four controllers at once?

And have we talked about how good the game looks on Wii U? Seriously, it's crazy how much better it looks than Brawl. Not just HD and whatnot, but the art style in general is leagues better.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Don't know how the doctor works, but is mega man's soul just transferred from one to another? Can they not coexist simultaneously then?

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE, we are not having this discussion.

The different Mega Men are NOT the same being. Neither are they the same spirit or the reincarnation of the same being or some shit, in the same vein as Link or Dr. fucking Who.

They are all different Mega Men, and some of them don't even exist in the same universe. MegaMan Volnutt was named after a video game character, which is the original Mega Man, which proves it's a different universe and character. The only exception is Mega Man X, who is basically an upgrade of the original Mega Man.

But, honestly: who fucking cares, really? Enjoy your video games, get laid, etc., and don't worry about things that don't matter.

Jawmuncher

The different Mega Men are NOT the same being. Neither are they the same spirit or the reincarnation of the same being or some shit, in the same vein as Link or Dr. fucking Who.

They are all different Mega Men, and some of them don't even exist in the same universe. MegaMan Volnutt was named after a video game character, which is the original Mega Man, which proves it's a different universe and character. The only exception is Mega Man X, who is basically an upgrade of the original Mega Man.

But, honestly: who fucking cares, really? Enjoy your video games, get laid, etc., and don't worry about things that don't matter.

I just wanted to see what that comment would start, since I have seen the discussion come up before.

Pikmin only grow flowers in the Wii U version. There's quite a few weird graphical inconsistencies.

I think the 3DS was running on extremely slim processing margins and any little minor thing had to be cut.

Good thing, too. Any more lag during the Team Olimar classic mode battles and I would've torn my face off with a potato peeler.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Good thing, too. Any more lag during the Team Olimar classic mode battles and I would've torn my face off with a potato peeler.

Glad I'm not the only one complaining about that.

Worst part is the game gives me Olimar more than anyone else other than Mii team.

(And if Olimar is that bad I can only imagine what Ice Climbers must have been like in order to get cut).

That's not Mega Man.

That's MegaMan Volnutt.

I appreciate anyone who knows and understands this.

They are all the same version.
He's like Doctor from doctor who.

Don't know how the doctor works, but is mega man's soul just transferred from one to another? Can they not coexist simultaneously then?

They are not the same person/entity and it is not one "soul" being transferred from one incarnation to the next.

Mega Man is different from Mega Man X, who is different from MegaMan Trigger, who is different from MegaMan.EXE, who is different from Shooting Star Mega Man.

They're not even all robots. Mega Man and X generally are (though they're both a little more than that, especially X), but Trigger is something else altogether, .EXE is a NetNavi (basically a computer program with a personality and, in this case, human DNA... yeah, I don't know), and Shooting Star Mega Man is a human who transforms and gets his powers from an alien based on AM radio frequencies (again, yeah, I don't know).

They also don't even all exist in the same timeline. .EXE and Shooting Star exist in a completely different, parallel timeline to Mega Man, X, and Trigger (and even then, Trigger doesn't come around until several millennia after X).

Not that any of this matters to non-fans, but hey, we all have our nerdy things that we like. As a Mega Man nerd, I love clearing this stuff up.

georly

Ok, phew. I thought I was missing something in the mega man lore :p I always assumed they were entirely separate beings.

I appreciate anyone who knows and understands this.

They are not the same person/entity and it is not one "soul" being transferred from one incarnation to the next.

Mega Man is different from Mega Man X, who is different from MegaMan Trigger, who is different from MegaMan.EXE, who is different from Shooting Star Mega Man.

They're not even all robots. Mega Man and X generally are (though they're both a little more than that, especially X), but Trigger is something else altogether, .EXE is a NetNavi (basically a computer program with a personality), and Shooting Star Mega Man is a human who transforms and gets his powers from an alien.

They also don't even all exist in the same timeline. .EXE and Shooting Star exist in a completely different, parallel timeline to Mega Man, X, and Trigger (and even then, Trigger doesn't come around until several millennia after X).

Not that any of this matters to non-fans, but hey, we all have our nerdy things that we like. As a Mega Man nerd, I love clearing this stuff up.

That's what I always assumed but Jawmuncher made me question myself.

They're not even all robots. Mega Man and X generally are, but Trigger is something else altogether, .EXE is a NetNavi (basically a computer program with a personality), and Shooting Star Mega Man is a human who transforms and gets his powers from an alien.

Paging Beelzebufo.

Gleethor

It's theorized that the other four players could use 3ds's, which might possibly explain the mysterious left over voice clip in the 3ds version

Not just 3DS's, GameCube controllers and the gamepad most likely wouldn't be counted among the Wii u's Bluetooth "slots" so hopefully any combination of those will work.

Okay, I'm on computer now.

The franchise list were founded in 3DS version.

Basically we are getting Wrecking Crew, Wii Sports Resort and Miiverse stages.

Am I missing something or is Balloon Fight not present in that area of the text? They're there, but not with the other series including Wrecking Crew, Miiverse and Wii Sports Resort.

georly

Not just 3DS's, GameCube controllers and the gamepad most likely wouldn't be counted among the Wii u's Bluetooth "slots" so hopefully any combination of those will work.

Yeah, but adding 3DS as a controller means you're more likely to find 8 smash players and have enough controllers. Not every household will have 4 pro/classic/wiimotes + 4 gamecube controllers, but if you invite a smash bros player over, they MAY have a smash+3DS, so you increase the likelyhood that you'd have 8 controllers.

The voice samples being on the 3DS game may be similar to how sounds came out of the wii remote for brawl, but rather than transferring the sound bite to the 3DS wirelessly, it just prompts the 3DS to play the sound file.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
How exactly would 8 player smash work anyway? Doesn't the Wii U only support four controllers at once?

And have we talked about how good the game looks on Wii U? Seriously, it's crazy how much better it looks than Brawl. Not just HD and whatnot, but the art style in general is leagues better.

Well, there are couple of possibilities.

1.8 Players might be exclusive to Smash World so it might not be like 4 Players Smash that we are familiar with. It might be something different.
2. 4 players and 4 Amiibo or so.
3. It's actually 8 Players Smash then we could use 4 Wii U Pro, 4 3DS, 4 Wii Remotes, GamePad or 4 (8) GameCube Controllers

georly

Do you guys think there will be a Smash Wii U bundle?

We'll know by thursday would be my guess.

Well, there are couple of possibilities.

1.8 Players might be exclusive to Smash World so it might not be like 4 Players Smash that we are familiar with. It might be something different.
2. 4 players and 4 Amiibo or so.
3. It's actually 8 Players Smash then we could use 4 Wii U Pro, 4 3DS, 4 Wii Remotes, GamePad or 4 (8) GameCube Controllers

You think the Wii U would let you connect 2 gamecube adapters? :O

Didn't even think of that!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Am I missing something or is Balloon Fight not present in that area of the text? They're there, but not with the other series including Wrecking Crew, Miiverse and Wii Sports Resort.

It's possible that Balloon Fight stage were planned to be Ice Climber's stage since Sakurai usually toss Balloon Fight references with Ice Climber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom