• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the text:

Pic of the day. Now that the game is out in Japan, the Conquest mode will be available in online multiplayer in the Japanese version. This is what the title screen will look like for the overseas version. In this mode, the game aggregates global wins among specific teams during a limited time and determines the victor. If you choose a participating fighter from the With Anyone option, you'll automatically participate in Conquest. We'll be running Conquest in beta for a while.
Also, Conquest data where players seem to be losing on purpose will be removed from the calculations. And lastly, there's no point in working on this mode too much on your own, so don't overdo it…
So I guess it is like that person said in the other thread. Be prepared to fight a lot of people who are playing as Link to make a green pie chart increase?

Unless you have weird things like you are playing as Mario but you are part of Team Link...either way it seems a shame to narrow the character variety down.

So I guess it is like that person said in the other thread. Be prepared to fight a lot of people who are playing as Link to make a green pie chart increase?

Unless you have weird things like you are playing as Mario but you are part of Team Link...either way it seems a shame to narrow the character variety down.
I wouldn't say that it narrows variety. It gives people a good reason to use different characters, unless like Link is there every week or something.

georly

I assume it's talking about the bug where it bans people for cheating for using peach's down B. Looks like they're apologizing and promising a bugfix asap. Wonder if it's client-side or server-side?

It'll also take about a week to be fixed. Gotta say, really impressed with the responsiveness. Game's out on a saturday, and by monday they're promising a fix asap.

Ozium

what's the incentive for conquest mode?

like I pick a character and win with him so that the conquest is complete.. whogivesashit.gif

give me hats or something sakurai

georly

like I pick a character and win with him so that the conquest is complete.. whogivesashit.gif

Yeah, i'm not really clear what the point/reward is? Like, I get wanting to see your team win... but... do I win anything? Truckload of coins? If lag weren't so bad playing for fun, i'd do it more. I'm sure it's just because i'm trying to connect to 3 people from japan, or all around the world, really. I'm hoping it's better once it's actually out.

1v1 for glory works fine, most of the time, it's just anything w/ 3 randoms online is too laggy for me to enjoy (get it!?)

NeonZ

Wow, didn't see that coming. I guess we should see a bunch of reveals soon then.

Well, Ness and Marth were even in Brawl's opening. They were only unlockables because they wanted to fit a pattern there (all previously unlockable characters are unlockable again).

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

It was discussed earlier when the mode was first revealed. If your slice of the pie chart "wins" when the conquest is over, you get some variety of items/loot.

-Horizon-

zlCfzScfilUBnhSDdM

Pic of the day. Now that the game is out in Japan, the Conquest mode will be available in online multiplayer in the Japanese version. This is what the title screen will look like for the overseas version. In this mode, the game aggregates global wins among specific teams during a limited time and determines the victor. If you choose a participating fighter from the With Anyone option, you'll automatically participate in Conquest. We'll be running Conquest in beta for a while.

Also, Conquest data where players seem to be losing on purpose will be removed from the calculations. And lastly, there's no point in working on this mode too much on your own, so don't overdo it…
That's pretty interesting. A few more weeks to go!

Son Of D

Makes the lack of a Daisy (/your favorite copy-pasta character) alt hurt that much more.

No Daisy, no Mr L, no FE Roy, no Skyward Sword and/or OoT alts for Link, no unique render for Alph (or even Charlie and Brittany alts), no Young Link for Toon Link. I can keep going.

Metal B

Makes the lack of a Daisy (/your favorite copy-pasta character) alt hurt that much more.
But Daisy just is a complete different character than Peach. Sakruai actually tries to create truthful versions of the characters, which is why a plain copy of Peach's move-set and animations just doesn't work.
No Daisy, no Mr L, no FE Roy, no Skyward Sword and/or OoT alts for Link, no unique render for Alph (or even Charlie and Brittany alts), no Young Link for Toon Link. I can keep going.
You know, that there is a budget and schedule for those projects ...

Has anyone unlocked all the characters yet? I know about the leaked images from a few weeks ago, just wondering if there are any other characters that were missing.

But Daisy just is a complete different character than Peach. Sakruai actually tries to create truthful versions of the characters, which is why a plain copy of Peach's move-set and animations just doesn't work.
Which is funny because the Koopalings never drove tiny Koopa Clown Karts and certainly never transformed into Shadow Mario, but here we are.

Has anyone unlocked all the characters yet? I know about the leaked images from a few weeks ago, just wondering if there are any other characters that were missing.
People unlocked all the characters on day one--the leak was the entire roster.

Plasmid

if the fred meyer "leak" turns out to be true and it comes out on 11/21 nintendo will run out of units by black friday o.o

2 MONTHS MAYBE

e:

Are there any reviews / impressions about the smash GC controller? Thinking about buying $12 chinese knock off controllers for backup.

Ryce

I just don't think Daisy's important enough to be playable. She appeared very briefly in one game in 1989, and the sports spinoffs probably have very little impact on Smash Bros. Alph is a playable protagonist in Pikmin 3 and the Koopalings are recurring bosses in five Mario games -- they're just like the "real" playable characters in that they're important within their own series. Their inclusion doesn't open the floodgates for fully named/voiced D-list alts like Blood Falcon or Mr. L.

I'm pretty sure it's the same as a regular GC controller, but with a Smash logo on it.
That really puts me off for some reason lol

Im gonna be using this I bought 3 years ago at anime convention. Was like 15$ and I barely used it cant wait to use this badboy even though Ill also get the one in the 99$ bundle.

41ZhPIBvVNL._SX342_.jpg

I see its at like 60$ on amazon now 0_0

Also smash 4 is giving me a reason to buy cool new gamecube controllers. I love it!

SoldnerKei

That really puts me off for some reason lol

Im gonna be using this I bought 3 years ago at anime convention. Was like 15$ and I barely used it cant wait to use this badboy even though Ill also get the one in the 99$ bundle.

I see its at like 60$ on amazon now 0_0

Also smash 4 is giving me a reason to buy cool new gamecube controllers. I love it!

do we have a release date already? playing Project Melee on Wii U with a classic controller is just not the same :c

The pic they chose for conquest is appropriate, since Ike is well known for killing Gods.

thou he was empowered by other God too,
Micaiah/Yune
confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom