• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

Ryce

I can see it now. A Challenger Approaches screen pops up with a Triforce and a silhouette of what looks like Vaati. Afoni and I start losing our minds. It then announces Tingle who was wearing a disguise.

ಠ_ಠ
Samus, Link, Mario, and Kirby are fighting in the Pyrosphere stage, when all of a sudden Ridley bursts in through the wall, roaring. Everyone is terrified. Ridley lands on a platform, and the camera pulls back to a low angle. An aura of bright purple light surrounds Ridley, and in a flash he transforms.

"Zoroark shapeshifts into battle!"

Someone should begin a leak with "Hi I'm Sakurai's cat's vet and..."
It's more believable than 90% of the leaks already.

Samus, Link, Mario, and Kirby are fighting in the Pyrosphere stage, when all of a sudden Ridley bursts in through the wall, roaring. Everyone is terrified. Ridley lands on a platform, and the camera pulls back to a low angle. An aura of bright purple light surrounds Ridley, and in a flash he transforms.

Half of SmashGAF would get banned in the following rage storm.

That would be the most glorious troll ever

J-Tier

They HAVE been doing the fake out trailers with Wii Fit Trainer one and Rosalina's "Mario Kart" trailer. To be honest, I'd be down with it, despite the rage from a ton of Ridley fans lol.

Neiteio

I'm a lighthearted fellow with a great sense of humor.

But I wouldn't be able to handle that.

Ryce

Up Taunt - transforms into Ridley, roars, transforms back
Side Taunt - transforms into K. Rool, shakes his fists, transforms back
Down Taunt - transforms into Little Mac, shadow boxes, transforms back

I'm kind of glad you aren't making this game right now.
That would be fantastic and crushing at the same time.

This would be fucking glorious.

In other news, I hope that some of the items from Kirby Fighters get added to this game. Like the mint leaf from KDL.

liveman789

Neo Member
S3FAGhS.jpg

Neiteio

The real Ridley then soars onto the scene and eats Zoroark.

"Ridley is too bi--shut the f@#$ up!"
Fixed.

J-Tier

I know! It should be a reverse fake-out.

Ridley will be brawling with the Smash characters, then suddenly Samus shows up and starts firing.

"Metroid WiiU/3DS coming soon!"

Fandangox

I want Ridley in Smash but I would be completely fine if they do this and I don't even like Zoroark. That would be just perfect and hilarious.

rekameohs

Banned
You understand this needs to happen now.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Do anyone think that they might use extra button for transformation or other abilities? Since Wii U Pro Controller and Wii Classic Pro Controller have 4 shoulder buttons now or they could use one of two jump buttons?

That would be hilarious.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Little Mac isn't a retro character, neither is Pit.

Caladrius

The retro newcomer is obviously that grabby toy they made before getting into video games.

I also expect a love seat to show up somehow.

i would be angrier if I knew who zoroark actually was

icy_eagle

As obviously fake as that rumor is, it brought up one interesting point I hadn't considered before; having stamps from various franchises to use in miiverse. I could get behind that
stickers were shit anyway

Shun

They should make a Pomeranian from Nintendogs a playable character and give him/her the moveset of the Pomeranian in Tokyo Jungle.

Tokyo-Jungle.jpg

Imagine them pouncing and eating the carcass and flesh of their opponents.

If only they'd port Tokyo Jungle to Wii U or made a sequel. It'd be an amazing Nintendo game and franchise.

Ryce

I still have no idea how the Ice Climbers made the cut for Melee.

Forgotten characters in a terrible, terrible game.
Here's what Sakurai said on the Melee Dojo:
Masahiro Sakurai said:
I am often asked, “why did you choose the Ice Climbers?”

First, I wanted to include one character representing the original NES! Once that was decided, the rest was a process of elimination.

Balloon Fight - he seems useless with popped balloons
Urban Champion - he seems to have few attacks
Clu Clu Land - he does not know how to fight
Excitebike - jump ramps would have to be constructed

(And other problems such as those.)

Also, with regards to character selection, “something only this character can do” is an important criteria. With the Ice Climbers, I think controlling two characters simultaneously as a parody of the two-player mode is interesting.

I would love Little Mac and Pacman most of all.

However, I really hope that we don't get too many funky characters. I want memorable Nintendo characters that I want to see fight against other memorable Nintendo characters. Wii Fit Trainer is enough silliness.

Also, if they add Mii, am cry.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I would love Little Mac and Pacman most of all.

However, I really hope that we don't get too many funky characters. I want memorable Nintendo characters that I want to see fight against other memorable Nintendo characters. Wii Fit Trainer is enough silliness.

Also, if they add Mii, am cry.

Mii and Wii Fit Trainer are memorable Nintendo characters for casual players. If I recalled correctly but Nintendo sold 40M of Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus together, so Wii Fit had a huge fan bases, and they were required to make a Mii for the game as well. Of course, they might be memorable characters to casual players and some of hardcore players.

RomanceDawn

Oh my god my sides! Gyahahahahaha!

You did get me thinking though. We did straight up get 2 fake out trailers didn't we? You know I think we can expect a few more. Though obviously not as hilariously evil as the one you mentioned earlier.

Man the next big direct is going to be good!

Oh and can I miiverse these taunts? I'm thinking in picture form and in text. I'll credit you.

Gleethor

One thing that I hope this game retains from Brawl is the "everything can be co-op" approach. I thought it was really cool how even homerun contest could be co-oped.

Top Bottom