• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

I decided to make a roster following a simple rule:

- use sprites from my sprite folder without further alteration that are from actual nintendo games.

I came up with the following:

neorice_roster_by_neoriceisgood-d725qai.png

Make of it what you will.

Missing veterans aside;
Would still prefer this roster over 90% of the stuff you guys propose btw.

- use sprites from my sprite folder without further alteration that are from actual nintendo games.

Missing veterans aside;

Missed opportunity to have Ridley be so big that all we can see is a part of his head (or have him take up 4/9 boxes) :p

ryanofcall

Missing veterans aside;

dat ganon.
Wouldn't it be nice though if Ganondorf could transform to Ganon, but not back (unless he dies)

Vidiot

Honestly I'd be fine with a Ridley that size. I wonder if they tried and couldn't make it work or if they just don't want him in for one reason or another.

Qurupeke

Missing veterans aside;

I like it. :O Well, this plus the return of most if not all the previous veterans would be perfect for me.

Honestly I'd be fine with a Ridley that size. I wonder if they tried and couldn't make it work or if they just don't want him in for one reason or another.

I imagine it went over dbz kai abridged style

"Lets make ridley playable"
"NOBODY LIKES METROID"

And then discussion was over

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
If Ridley is in Smash 4, he's gonna be an alternative costume for Charizard. They won't even bother to change the sound effects.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I recalled that Sakurai posted the picture on Twitter but few hours later, he decided to take it off. So far, most of the characters on the picture got confirmed for the game which isn't surprising. We still have 4 more characters to go. The unconfirmed characters would be Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Metaknight and Mr. Game and Watch.

I recalled that Sakurai posted the picture on Twitter but few hours later, he decided to take it off. So far, most of the characters on the picture got confirmed for the game which isn't surprising. We still have 4 more characters to go. The unconfirmed characters would be Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Metaknight and Mr. Game and Watch.

I think it'd be pretty safe to assume all of those characters were returning whether Sakurai had posted that or not. Though he probably realized he had less trolling potential by even suggesting any character was safe.

The real bombshell is that Sandbag will be a playable character in the game as the first Smash Bros. series representative

Mr Buddy

And the sandbag

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think it'd be pretty safe to assume all of those characters were returning whether Sakurai had posted that or not. Though he probably realized he had less trolling potential by even suggesting any character was safe.

The real bombshell is that Sandbag will be a playable character in the game as the first Smash Bros. series representative

And the sandbag

Remember we just had a rumor that confirmed Sandbag being playable character. ;)

dat ganon.
Wouldn't it be nice though if Ganondorf could transform to Ganon, but not back (unless he dies)

That was his Final Smash in Brawl, aside from his not transforming back.

I actually really liked the 'feral' incarnation from Twilight Princess a lot more than the overly anthropomorphic and upright Ganon of the previous games. It's like an incarnation of his pure unbridled hate, juxtaposed with his human self, which is calculating and intelligent.

Pociask

ALTTP Ganon in Smash would be one of the coolest surprises for me given that I'm indifferent to Toon Zelda.

Well, Sakurai does seem to be showing some love for the heavy characters. As long as Ganondorf gets a new moveset (sword + magic + quickness), I'm all for a big bruising Ganon (strong + magic + slow).

Jagsrock

Banned
SSB4_whiteboard.jpg

Mr.saturn confirmed

Gartooth

Well, Sakurai does seem to be showing some love for the heavy characters. As long as Ganondorf gets a new moveset (sword + magic + quickness), I'm all for a big bruising Ganon (strong + magic + slow).

I'd hope Ganon would actually be somewhat different from a stereotypical "bruiser" type character like DK or Bowser. Make use of his trident, give him projectiles, and let him teleport to mix things up.

Ryce

I like that Ganondorf is a slow, powerful bruiser, since that provides a contrast to the other Zelda characters (and it also makes sense given his connection to the Triforce of Power). I just hate that his move set is based off of Captain Falcon's. It wasn't a huge deal in Melee because Ganondorf (the humanoid form) was a one-off villain at the time, and because he was a last minute addition to the roster, but there's no excuse anymore. He's far too popular a character to be neglected like that.

Kokonoe

Banned
If they change Pokemon Trainer that's fine because the 3rd Gen version of Red sucks with the pink outfit and old-man grayed out hair. I like Red to be Red, not Pink. Just call him Pink if that's the case!

Kokonoe

Banned
http://www.serebii.net/smashbros3dswiiu/battlefield3ds.jpg[G]

[IMG]http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/super-smash-bros-next/thumb/0/0f/Wiiusmashbrosscrns0116-copyjpg-50e8bb_640w.jpg/468px-Wiiusmashbrosscrns0116-copyjpg-50e8bb_640w.jpg[G]

Choose your favourite.[/QUOTE]

Even though I'm not getting it, the 3DS version looks better. The Wii U one looks little too...League of Legendsish? Not sure. Well, mainly I just think the 3DS version is prettier.

'Dorf should keep all or almost all of his specials even if he's changed to be sword-y, they're just too much fun.

Just give him a reflectable energy ball instead of Warlock Punch , change a couple of his normals to a sword, but keep that tilt move where he basically puts his foot straight up behind his freakin' head

Jagsrock

Banned
The 3DS stage looks pretty bland and boring in that shot. Wii U by far, it just has a lot more detail and I really like the floating ruins style going on in it.
Agreed. Wii u also has fluttering flags, grass blades blowing in the wind and better lighting.

DaBoss

I think they both look really nice. Ruins style in the Wii U version with some fantastic lighting. The elegant natural look of the 3DS version with some fantastic backgrounds.

I don't get why the Wii U shot is so small for the comparison though.
7I3URZw.jpg

Kokonoe

Banned
If anything, to me, random broken temples are much more bland than those uniquely shaped mountains in the background. The coloring I also find to be much more pleasing to look at. I take art theme over "graphics" any day.

qq more

Comparing it w/ polygon count and other things the 3DS isn't capable of would be unfair, so I'll judge it art design-wise. I think I like the 3DS version more due to the really cool mountains in the BG. Plus I'm sort of sick of temples lol

Jagsrock

Banned
I think they both look really nice. Ruins style in the Wii U version with some fantastic lighting. The elegant natural look of the 3DS version with some fantastic backgrounds.

I don't get why the Wii U shot is so small for the comparison though.
7I3URZw.jpg
I think sakurai just zoomed out more in that pic to showcase the entire background.

Top Bottom