• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

Fiktion

Banned
I'm gonna be so bummed if the music is one aspect they cut back on relative to Brawl. Its soundtrack is probably my favorite part of the game, both the original music and remixes.

I didn't mind CDs because I pretty much immediately made a Stage Builder stage to farm CDs and then just didn't need to worry about it after that. For some goofy reason I preferred the surprise associated with CDs and not knowing what music you'd get until you picked it up, so I suppose I'd rather the music need to be unlocked in some capacity than have it all from the get-go.
I honestly wouldn't mind if they mostly ported Brawl's soundtrack and added to it for SSB4.

Just get David Wise to do some stuff after he's finished with DKCTF.

Roster Count: 45

So you think there are only 3 newcomers we haven't seen? Or you think Sakurai is going to make a bunch of cuts?

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
I find it weird how stickers weren't exclusive to SSE considering that's only where they can get any kind of use.

Maybe stickers outside of SSE is the type of customization Sakurai has been hinting at!? Heh, that would be awful.

You didn't like making crappy looking scrapbook pages with the stickers???

I already do that in real life.

Rayis

Zelda looking fierce in this game, I like it, now Smash has too many princesses as well as having too many swordsmen.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
CDs stopped appearing for me a long time ago. They are a temporary nuisance, if that's what you wanna call them.

Yeah, I didn't care for those at all. What made them especially annoying was you couldn't turn them off with items on.

They get in the way of matches with items since you can't toggle em off. I can't have a all pokeball match cause sometimes stickers appear and music cds.
Seriously. I've lost battles because of those things before.

"I just need to use an A attack to stop him from charging his attack!" *Grab sticker instead* "HOGUFHXFDUBJSTDUGTSHB!!!!!!" *Smash attack for the victory*

At least make a toggle switch for them...

jph139

I think 6-10 more newcomers with 1-4 cuts sounds reasonable as far as roster goes.

Keep in mind that a LOT of characters are looking overhauled in a way Brawl didn't, so that's probably cutting into dev and balance time, too.

I'M FINISHED!

Predictions from a blind crystal ball reader: Zelda will have a brand new moveset, Ganondorf will remain a bounty hunter.

-Horizon-

39 if we count ZSS, Sheik, and the Pokemon.

Like the separate pokemon of the trainer?

I'll still stick with 45 then. 3 more newcomers is more than enough, 6 newcomers will be my optimistic guess.
Palutena still has a chance!

I don't see Sakurai cut any one...other than Ike and Ness *runs away*

Berordn

Predictions from a blind crystal ball reader: Zelda will have a brand new moveset, Ganondorf will remain a bounty hunter.

Zelda gets a new moveset, Ganondorf gets retrofitted with a DARK MAGIC version of Shiek's old moveset, gains ability to transform into Ganon with trident.

Mewtwo is playable in Z form, which is a monstrous form combining all three.

I'M FINISHED!

Zelda gets a new moveset, Ganondorf gets retrofitted with a DARK MAGIC version of Shiek's old moveset, gains ability to transform into Ganon with trident.

You made my joke more tolerable up until the Mewtwo part.

-Horizon-

I don't think GameFreak wants Sakurai to spoil that if they are working on Z Version.

And yes Ganondorf needs to have his old moveset redone. And why have a sword in his taunt if he ain't gonna use it?

I'M FINISHED!

Terrible Crystal Ball Readings: Little Mac isn't in the game, the ring is actually a Pro Wrestling stage.

I'M FINISHED!

What if Majora's Mask put on the Mask?

0n5VqXh.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Are there really going to be 35 playable characters this go around? Awesome if so. Hopefully DLC will allow for even more down the road.

I don't think they will stop at 35 playable characters.

Same amount of characters as Brawl would be a bit disappointing for me. 40-42 is the sweet spot, I think.

40-42 characters!? That is even worse since we have 39 characters (if no cut) + 4 newcomers.

Fuck that.

You don't know how much I would love that. :p

60 of them are clones.

Joke failed, since we know 20 characters by now so tell me how many of them are clones?

I'm hoping for over 50 because we don't have the SSE this time and in reality, all we really need from a new Smash game is more characters and stages, on top of the "easy" stuff like new items, assist trophies, costumes, etc.

Let's not forget that there's already a solid foundation of movesets for many existing characters that shouldn't be too crazy to balance.

I hope so. I have way lower expectation than your but I'm way too easy to be pleased. Keyway: WAY TOO EASY, at long they are not going to repeat same mistakes with Brawl

Obviously the Duck Hunt Dog is summoning Phantom. It couldn't be any more obvious.

Don't hurt me like that.

Sakurai has added two female newcomers so far, that could be all he means by "look at all the female characters"

NO! NO! NO! NO! I must have Palutena in the game, but I would pegged Palutena being secret character tho.

They also have the Namco team helping out. I really think we'll see almost all of Brawl's characters return plus a healthy amount of newbies.

That's why I would like to betting on that because of Nintendo and Namco Bandai teamed up.

We have 20 characters confirmed total and the game is far from now. I think we'll see 45 at the least.

I really hope so, and we are getting more characters in nice pace.

I'd rather they have fewer, more polished features than try to do everything like in Brawl.

This is all I really want:
-Classic mode (random)
-All-Star mode (random)
-Break the Targets (every character has unique stage)
-Board the Platforms (every character has unique stage)
-Events
-Home-Run Contest
-Multi-Man Melee
-Trophies (just bring back the lottery from Melee, no stupid minigame)
-Challenges
-Stage-Builder (only if they're going to put some effort into it this time)
-Training

Adventure mode I can take or leave.

You know what I want but I want more characters tho.

Sorry, some of that was conclusions I had drawn previously when Sakurai said there wouldn't be a story mode due to people uploading cutscenes to YouTube, which is quite obviously bullshit.

He said there'd be some form of single player mode but if not Story that leads me to believe classic/arcade mode.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Classic, Adventure and All Stars modes would come back.

i am still sticking to 28 so i dont overhype myself :p

My expectation is 35 and I'm pretty sure that they would pass that.

45 fighters max, I reckon.

I would be happy but at same time, I would like to be surprised by number of characters.

Terrible Crystal Ball Readings: Little Mac isn't in the game, the ring is actually a Pro Wrestling stage.

STARMAN!

Mit-

I don't know what the exact ratios are, so I will just trust your number, but I wouldn't really care if the only new songs were for stages like Battlefield and Final Destination.

I'll go ahead and correct myself a bit. 77 out of 203 songs that were used for franchise stages (so, excluding original Smash songs for stages like Battlefield/Final Destination, and excluding Subspace Emissary) were the original versions of songs from their respective titles. The rest were new songs made for Brawl. (although I will say a large handful of the songs were from in-house composers and many of their songs were just compiled versions of songs from a franchise that didn't remix much of anything).

But I still don't know how anyone could hate on the remixes in Brawl. There are so many amazing songs. Some of them are the best renditions of the songs ever.

Jungle Level Ver. 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RwYZrI8Bzg

Bramble Blast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3rnyqI7dFc

Ocarina of Time Medley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7PsFD9UuY8

Song of Storms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuM1bVx1oNQ

Yoshi's Story Ending
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOatb7f677s

Gourmet Race
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvjPa4RnSxY

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon Medley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlSW8-dEwNk
(orgasm at 0:47)

Animal Crossing Wild World Title
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3nobz3a_DQ

Battle Scene / Final Boss from Golden Sun: The Lost Age
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBHVhDLoRx0
(fuck me I love this song)

Angel Island Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVyLTBO7Ck0

Sorry. Just turned this into me-sharing-my-favorite-Brawl-songs.

DaBoss

You guys realize stickers are probably going to be stamps this time for Miiverse, right?
Well it surely there won't be the same amount of stamps as stickers. There are 700 stickers or something around that. And they will most likely not feature C-tier characters and spin-offs for stamps.

Gartooth

Damn at these low ball estimates! I'm not very hyped for this game compared to most of the people here and I expect the total number to be somewhere over 50.

Oh yeah and it would be cool if we got Radiant Dawn Ike in this game.

Anbec7

I like the change of Peach the most.

That simple new design is really cool.

And Marth looks OK

But Zelda! wow I'm impressed.

Older Ike would be awesome!

Also Nintendo don't drop the ball make DLC characters for this game! :)

Top Bottom