• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

-Horizon-

that would be incredibly boring, he's the perfect character to update with every new game. Also, I think we could get a female version this time
Then why didn't they just use 3rd/4th gen trainer in Brawl? Why did they use Pokemon Trainer from gen 1 (design from gen 3)?
Pokemon Trainer from gen 1 is iconic for the series. That's why I don't see them updating the whole character to match a new gen.
I can see them giving a female trainer alternative though.

Pretty sure Lucina is guaranteed over any other FE character.
don't think she would be the 4/5 th Nintendo Figma if it was a character we will never see again.

Eh.

If we went by merchandise then Tharja would be just as likely (possibly more so) because of the statue being made of her, that will be released earlier than the Lucy Figma.

7Th

I doubt Lucina will be in as anything but a Marth alt. Chrom makes more sense as the Awakening rep, and he could easily be paired with Robin assisting from the background to make him a unique fighter and represent Awakening's Pair Up system.

But Chrom sucks and Lucina rocks; why would you even want Chrome?

Eh.

If we went by merchandise then Tharja would be just as likely (possibly more so) because of the statue being made of her, that will be released earlier than the Lucy Figma.

Tharja is a bit 2lewd for the Smash audience.

NeonZ

We already know which stage they've picked for Fire Emblem Awakening in Smash 3DS - Arena Ferox. We don't know what they're going to do for the Wii U version though. I guess a FE9/10 location, even if Ike isn't in, like the Spirit Tracks stage in Smash 3DS. Maybe inside Asherah's tower or Begnion's capital with Asherah's tower in the background?

DaBoss

I'm pretty sure they'd keep all three in the same Generation, so here are my preferences:

Totodile/Quilava/Meganium

Mudkip/Grovyle/Blaziken

Turtwig/Monferno/Empoleon

Tepig/Servine/Samurott

Froakie/Fennekin Stage 2/Chespin Stage 3

I disagree with the notion of keeping it within the same generation. It would allow 3 different generations of Pokémon being represented.

remz

People assuming Lucario will be cut make me laugh. The speculation there is based on an incorrect assumption (that Lucario replaced Mewtwo) and further a pattern that could have only had one point. You can't make a pattern with one point.

Mewtwo is missing from the Brawl roster. Lucario shows up with Mewtwo's move set in Brawl. How is assuming he was replaced an incorrect assumption? Sure looks like he got replaced from here.

Mewtwo is missing from the Brawl roster. Lucario shows up with Mewtwo's move set in Brawl. How is assuming he was replaced an incorrect assumption? Sure looks like he got replaced from here.

Lucario shares exactly 0 moves with Mewtwo, so that statement is incorrect.

Also, Sonic if anyone replaced Mewtwo since he was a last-minute addition and the team had to sacrifice time that would have been spent completing Mewtwo and Roy in order to build Sonic from the ground-up.

Also Donnel should be Smash 4's FE rep. You know it's true.

DaBoss

Chikorita? Why pick the worst of the Johto starters man?

Because it is the least worst of the worst.

I love Tododile and Chikorita (not in-game). Cyndaquil is the worst of the 3 easily.

Actually, Mewtwo was cut, not replaced. They were going to have both Lucario and Mewtwo.

Lucario shares exactly 0 moves with Mewtwo, so that statement is incorrect.

Aura Sphere is quite similar to Shadow Ball, but that is pretty much it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
You know what I'm hyped for? Next "Brawl in the Family" comics. So much material :lol

NeonZ

Uh... Lucario's moveset was completely different from Mewtwo's. I guess both had a charged projectile, but that's the only real similarity.

Revven

You're soooo inaccurate with that.

Lucario only shares one move with Mewtwo and it's only how it functions. And that one move is Neutral B. Every other attack Lucario has is completely unique to him. Up B isn't the same, Side B is definitely not the same, his smashes, tilts, throws, and aerials aren't the same...

How do people make this connection? It's completely inaccurate. I hate it. They're not the same at all. Mewtwo was slated to be in Brawl but he was cut last minute because of time constraints. His file name is on the disc, along with some others (but the files themselves are empty of course).

Kokonoe

Banned
Not that Fox looks awful, but I really don't care for his Star Fox Command look much. Looks like he's made of ice cream. Would like to see his Melee look again.

WWBEc6K.jpg

Mewtwo's assets are the furthest along of any of the dropped characters. Lucario was probably designed side by side with him, with Lucario as a Wolf style clone, or like a similar character.

I've always suspected that, given Lucario's aura health gimmick. Something like that seems like it was added to make him stand out from Mewtwo, but without Mewtwo in the game, it's not really needed.

Lucario would have been a slight clone of Mewtwo with some slight move adjustments, a new Final Smash (maybe?) and the aura health gimmick.

Revven

Not that Fox looks awful, but I really don't care for his Star Fox Command look much. Looks like he's made of ice cream. Would like to see his Melee look again.

WWBEc6K.jpg

Agree so hard but too bad Sakurai only goes with "the latest design for the character" (which is kind of bullshit when you look at Link in Smash 4... but I digress).

http://i.imgur.com/WWBEc6K.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ha, so true. I'd be fine with him reverting back to his ironclad Melee look as long as they kept the Scouter. How else is he supposted to read the others' power levels?

Kokonoe

Banned
Agree so hard but too bad Sakurai only goes with "the latest design for the character" (which is kind of bullshit when you look at Link in Smash 4... but I digress).

Ah...I forgot about that.
Ha, so true. I'd be fine with him reverting back to his ironclad Melee look as long as they kept the Scouter. How else is he supposted to read the others' power levels?

Yes! Especially since he already does the DBZ charge up already with Up B.

Mewtwo's assets are the furthest along of any of the dropped characters. Lucario was probably designed side by side with him, with Lucario as a Wolf style clone, or like a similar character.

I've always suspected that, given Lucario's aura health gimmick. Something like that seems like it was added to make him stand out from Mewtwo, but without Mewtwo in the game, it's not really needed.

Lucario would have been a slight clone of Mewtwo with some slight move adjustments, a new Final Smash (maybe?) and the aura health gimmick.

Once again though, the two share exactly zero moves. Even their charge Bs are distinct from each other; Lucario's has more in common with Samus' than Mewtwo's.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No, he was simply late in addition. As Scrafty said, Sonic is the one who "replaced" Mewtwo if anything else due to the timing.

And the only "Mewtwo" moveset Lucario has is Aura Sphere, and even then that's like saying Samus is a Mewtwo clone.

CPCunha

...i just want them to keep Ness on.

I have a smile on my face just thinking of friends coming over and wasting a whole Saturday afternoon playing this and then going for pizza and talking highlights...

remz

You're soooo inaccurate with that.

Lucario only shares one move with Mewtwo and it's only how it functions. And that one move is Neutral B. Every other attack Lucario has is completely unique to him. Up B isn't the same, Side B is definitely not the same, his smashes, tilts, throws, and aerials aren't the same...

How do people make this connection? It's completely inaccurate. I hate it. They're not the same at all. Mewtwo was slated to be in Brawl but he was cut last minute because of time constraints. His file name is on the disc, along with some others (but the files themselves are empty of course).

Uhhhh... because watching them they animate extremely similarly? Their normals look similar. Their side smashes (draw back double palm strikes) look similar, their attacks shoot purple fire, up a arcing kick looks like up +a tail whip. both neutral airs have swirly fire effects/energy effects. their fireballs, at first glance, appear extremely similar. They move (floaty) similar, etc. He looks, at first glance to be a fighting as opposed to psychic themed mewtwo.

If anything it's more baffling seeing the smash faithful claim sonic is more likely a replacement. D:
This is pretty much what I think. The differences in his moves are a lot like the difference between fox/falco/wolf. Probably amplified due to the change of engine and no Mewtwo to compare to.

Revven

Y'all are only hard for Melee Fox because he was OP as fuck. :p

Nahh bro, aesthetically he looks great, it was a step in the right direction right off the heels from Smash 64. I'm sad we don't get to see a further evolution of that model... because it would benefit so much more from the upgrade in visuals. Just think about it!

(But yes I did like how Fox played in Melee, albeit if they just removed the invinc on his shine startup he'd instantly be a lot more balanced).

The Smash 4 model they're using is just Brawl Fox again with fur textures; absolutely lazy and it doesn't even look good (because that Fox was designed with a cartoony color/cel-shaded look). It looks like someone just pasted HD fur textures and he was inserted into Brawl with them (if that sounds weird, I'm basically comparing it to those "HD" texture packs for OoT and what not).

You know what though? The latest Star Fox release was technically StarFox 64... on the 3DS. Why isn't it that model again? :( :(

Pociask

Yo yo yo, Ima let you finish, but Advance Wars is one of the best Nintendo series of all time! When can I drop Mario like a phat beat?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah I agree with Melee Fox being best Fox. Command was pretty shitty in design.

But as long as they keep Brawl Wolf I'm happy :D

Uhhhh... because watching them they animate extremely similarly? Their normals look similar. Their side smashes (draw back double palm strikes) look similar, their attacks shoot purple fire, up a arcing kick looks like up +a tail whip. both neutral airs have swirly fire effects/energy effects. their fireballs, at first glance, appear extremely similar. They move (floaty) similar, etc. He looks, at first glance to be a fighting as opposed to psychic themed mewtwo.

If anything it's more baffling seeing the smash faithful claim sonic is more likely a replacement. D:

wat

They animate differently - Lucario moves like a martial artist. Lucario is primarily using aura in his attacks so they make sense if anything else. That kick is a pretty common martial arts move to be compared to a tail whip that even Pikachu has (wtf seriously?!), and neutral airs are always fast save for a few.

remz

They animate differently - Lucario moves like a martial artist. Lucario is primarily using aura in his attacks so they make sense if anything else. That kick is a pretty common martial arts move to be compared to a tail whip that even Pikachu has (wtf seriously?!), and neutral airs are always fast save for a few.

You can't honestly saw that the first time you played brawl you didn't think that Lucario felt like Mewtwo. It's like Ryu/Ken level. You can paste a different skin over it but seriously...

also Lucina >>>> Chrom

Top Bottom