• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 3: Ridley's Believe It or Not!

Mumford

Just came here to predict that the 3DS release date will precede the Wii U's, or vice versa. I don't believe that they will come out on the same day. (I don't have a source, just guessing)

Either way, I'm very excited for both versions.

He'd totally be a secret character
only unlocked after beating whatever single player mode in hard/intense with Pit.

Also need a rep from the original game first./

If it should be anyone, it would be Magnus. His fighting style would be VERY different from the other swordsmen and I personally don't think Paulutena or
Viridi or Hades

They do need to have some of the dialogue from that game in a similar fashion to Snake and Slippy

SmithnCo

Just came here to predict that the 3DS release date will precede the Wii U's, or vice versa. I don't believe that they will come out on the same day. (I don't have a source, just guessing)

Either way, I'm very excited for both versions.

I think WiiU will be first, if Nintendo wants to boost its sales and take advantage of it being the only new Smash option for a while.

Platy

This thread needs this glorious link posted in the end of the other thread

http://www.examiner.com/article/pop...inted-for-super-smash-bros-4-on-3ds-and-wii-u

Seems legit

This girl has more chances than Goku =P

Z5HJyC5.gif

SmithnCo

This thread needs this glorious link posted in the end of the other thread

http://www.examiner.com/article/pop...inted-for-super-smash-bros-4-on-3ds-and-wii-u

Seems legit

This girl has more chances than Goku =P

Z5HJyC5.gif

Some of the articles on there are funny.

http://www.examiner.com/article/super-smash-bros-4-wii-u-fox-mccloud-s-weapon-showcased-and-explain

A detailed description of the screenshot then the Sakurai quote. "Here’s a close-up snapshot of Fox McCloud’s Blaster. It can open up." lol.

Honestly kind of wish they'd announce some new characters soon, I'm hyped for new Smash, but part of my hype comes from playing new characters. All the confirmed vets are awesome, but they don't hype me as much as new characters.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Honestly kind of wish they'd announce some new characters soon, I'm hyped for new Smash, but part of my hype comes from playing new characters. All the confirmed vets are awesome, but they don't hype me as much as new characters.

We'll get to them eventually

prepare to stay unhyped for several months

R0ckman

Most of the old reveals save Sonic weren't interesting (technically Sonic wasn't either as he looks completely the same and I doubt Sakurai cares enough about him to prioritize buffing him). Toon Link being revealed is making me nervous, I don't want clones coming back in full force.

Most of the old reveals save Sonic weren't interesting (technically Sonic wasn't either as he looks completely the same and I doubt Sakurai cares enough about him to prioritize buffing him). Toon Link being revealed is making me nervous, I don't want clones coming back in full force.

5 pages of clone discussion incoming

GamerSoul

This is how I feel. I need something new to spark my interest from time to time. Ridley jokes keep me smiling though. heh

These are the final names for the games?

I completely had no idea...
It's the only thing that's really bothering me about the game so far. They sound completely like 'work in progress' names but Sakurai's already said in interviews they're the final titles. Don't get the logic behind it unless they really want to emphasise them being different games.

SmithnCo

Are the games named the same way in Japan? Is so they are also breaking the DX/X naming convention.

Not thrilled about the names but it maybe makes sense for marketing to differentiate them.

Codeblue

It's the only thing that's really bothering me about the game so far. They sound completely like 'work in progress' names but Sakurai's already said in interviews they're the final titles. Don't get the logic behind it unless they really want to emphasise them being different games.

At least drop the "For". Hopefully Treehouse does something about this.

PKrockin

Found this "leak" on /v/. It's a returning character. Might have already been posted but these threads move too fast. Highly doubt it's real but it looks cool anyway so here.

I can't believe the first thing I thought of when I saw it was that his thumb was outward unlike how he does that pose in his game. I know way too much about that game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Which article was that?

http://kotaku.com/an-in-depth-chat-with-the-genius-behind-super-smash-bro-530744390

Sakurai: No, actually, there was never any consideration to having him in previous games, and if you think about it, there hasn't been really a precedent for third-party characters joining other than very special cases like Sonic, during the last game. It's something that wasn't even possible. We're now going into versions four and five within the series—this is only something that's now possible.

Kotaku: When you say four and five, do you mean the 3DS and Wii U versions? Those are separate?

Sakurai: Yeah, exactly.

Top Bottom